Brembo take-offs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-08-2014, 07:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Brembo take-offs

So I got me a set of 4 piston brembo take offs from a gt500. I need to get some dust shields are the gt500 brake shields off the 2013 better or should I stick with the 2012 shields. Also is it worth to upgrade the brake lines for a DD or are the oem lines good enough?
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-08-2014, 09:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
11socal50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ventura
Region: California
Posts: 102
The dust shield aren't necessary. Stainless steel brake lines will provide a better pedal feel

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
11socal50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:42 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Nice, I think the GT dust shield should suffice, I don't see one having an advantage over the other if they are different, as it's purpose is to keep the wheels cleaner. Since they're already loose, u might as well clean, prep, and paint b4 slapping them on I also got mine used from another 13 GT Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1402321349.776481.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	661.6 KB
ID:	158895
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-09-2014, 03:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11socal50 View Post
The dust shield aren't necessary. Stainless steel brake lines will provide a better pedal feel Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
What's a good brand for the stainless steel lines?
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:01 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
Nice, I think the GT dust shield should suffice, I don't see one having an advantage over the other if they are different, as it's purpose is to keep the wheels cleaner. Since they're already loose, u might as well clean, prep, and paint b4 slapping them on I also got mine used from another 13 GT
Thanks! Well the 13 gt500 shields say that it keeps the brakes cool & still keeps the dust off & there cheaper so I might go with those since I didn't get them when I bought them..I just wanted to see if anyone had experience with them!
They look really nice..I'm thinking of painting them red too! Where did u get the brembo vinyl? I've been looking on eBay but I don't know of there's a specific size I should look for?
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:37 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
Thanks! Well the 13 gt500 shields say that it keeps the brakes cool & still keeps the dust off & there cheaper so I might go with those since I didn't get them when I bought them..I just wanted to see if anyone had experience with them!
They look really nice..I'm thinking of painting them red too! Where did u get the brembo vinyl? I've been looking on eBay but I don't know of there's a specific size I should look for?

eBay, I got from 1 seller that sold me a dozen in 3 different sizes and chose the size closest to factory
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:56 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
eBay, I got from 1 seller that sold me a dozen in 3 different sizes and chose the size closest to factory
Cool I'll look for some on eBay! What type of paint did u use?
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:34 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
Cool I'll look for some on eBay! What type of paint did u use?

VHT high temp Real Red for color, and VHT high temp clearcoat. Both good for 900 degrees, if u feel limited on colors, u can also use engine enamel that's good for up to 500 degrees. As long as u coat it with a nice clearcoat ur good to go.
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:22 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
VHT high temp Real Red for color, and VHT high temp clearcoat. Both good for 900 degrees, if u feel limited on colors, u can also use engine enamel that's good for up to 500 degrees. As long as u coat it with a nice clearcoat ur good to go.
Ok cool thanks ima look up see what color I go with! I like red!! I'm also digging black calipers with red letters!
Btw did u use the oem brake lines or did u get new ones?
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:44 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
Ok cool thanks ima look up see what color I go with! I like red!! I'm also digging black calipers with red letters!
Btw did u use the oem brake lines or did u get new ones?

I used the factory brake lines from the GT I got the Brembos from. If I could do it all over I would've upgraded them to braided SS lines, but if u don't track the car often, u can do without. I'm not sure if yours came with them or not, but if it didn't, it would be a great reason to change the front as well as the rear
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:03 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
I used the factory brake lines from the GT I got the Brembos from. If I could do it all over I would've upgraded them to braided SS lines, but if u don't track the car often, u can do without. I'm not sure if yours came with them or not, but if it didn't, it would be a great reason to change the front as well as the rear
Yea I do have them but I'm leaning more toward upgrading so I don't have to so it again down the road! Might as well since I'm gonna be doing it already!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brembo take offs GrabberBlue5.0 General Mustang Discussion 2 05-05-2013 02:54 PM
GT take-offs 97Stallion Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 5 06-24-2004 05:08 PM
GT-Take Offs Compared to name brands StangDoo98 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 13 03-22-2004 08:22 AM
GT Take Offs Mach_Mustang_R Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 36 02-24-2004 08:22 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



09:39 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.