Raptor Shift Light Install - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-09-2014, 05:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
Raptor Shift Light Install

Over the weekend I had a chance to install my Raptor shift light. I snapped a few pics along the way and thought I would share them for anyone interested in doing this. Install was pretty easy the only difficult thing was getting slack in the wires running to the PCM to get them out of the tight area so I could splice into them.

Pics of the plastic mount included, just had to come up with a bolt that fit inside tight then had to grind the head down so it didn't rub on the body of the light.

Wiring was pretty basic although a bit limited on space, I ran the wires down alongside the steering column and out through the hole in the firewall where the soundtube used to be on my car. Standing facing the engine with the hood open in the front left of the car looking down you will see three separate clusters of wires stacked on top of each other. Carefully releasing the clips remove the top one and push it out of the way, you don't need that one. On the middle cluster you will need to remove it and splice the green wire into the white wire with the violet stripe. On the bottom connector you will need to connect the red wire of the shift light to the yellow wire (a inline fuse is recommended of 1/4 amp, I couldn't find a 1/4 amp anywhere local so I went with a 1/2 amp fuse. I spliced this in further up away from the connection point where I had more room to work). I then took the black wire of the shift light and spliced into the black wire with blue stripe. Hope that helps anyone who might be interested in doing this.
Big Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2014, 06:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Very nice. I have this on my short list and have been thinking of a good place for it. Was it easy to get the bezel off? Also, how do you adjust this one? Is there a control module that you can preset?
Thx.
Troy
Old 06-09-2014, 06:20 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Thanks for the writeup Big Q. Have you tested it out during spirited driving in the daylight? What color LEDs do you have and is it really bright?
NoSlo5oH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2014, 06:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getn off View Post
Very nice. I have this on my short list and have been thinking of a good place for it. Was it easy to get the bezel off? Also, how do you adjust this one? Is there a control module that you can preset?
Thx.
Troy

Yes just take your time with a plastic pry tool around the edge of the bezel working it out. The clips hold it pretty tight so I was a little nervous at first. There are two rotary dials in the light that you set for rpm's, there are also 3 switches, ensure those are all in the lower position for cylinder selection.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:58 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSlo5oH View Post
Thanks for the writeup Big Q. Have you tested it out during spirited driving in the daylight? What color LEDs do you have and is it really bright?

I have the blue led's and yes they are bright. Even in daylight it's very noticeable.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I should add I decided to wrap the wires from the shift light and then solder them I wasn't comfortable with removing the connectors and using scotch locks, one they aren't really reliable and two if I broke a wire getting it out of the PCM harness I wouldn't be pleased. I recommend disconnecting the battery when making the connections and soldering.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT