Mustang Evolution Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuse on Positive side of Batt

23K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  raysautomotive 
#1 ·
So while getting ready to change my plugs the extension bar fell of my ratchet and caused a short on the positive side terminal. It touched that fuse block that is directly attached to the positive side on the batt and sparked. At the time I didnt think anything of it until I went for a test drive and "service advancetrac" came up on my dash. So after some researching I found out that the fuse in the block was probably blown and it is. Ive been trying to look up a part number or something but I cant even find a straight answer on what it is called.... Does anyone have a part number or at least know the proper name? All I can find is "Main Fuse" and thats it... If anyone is confused on which Im talking about, its the one right under the red rubber piece on the positive battery terminal... thanks

Oh and BTW now my traction control is permanently off as well as power steering. Im not sure what else if anything was affected.. If it were just the traction control I'd just say eff it and leave it unfixed lol..

#4 ·
ROFL, I did the same thing 2 weeks ago. So far, my best info is that you cannot get just the bracket with the fuse in it, you have to buy the entire battery cable harness at $300+!!!

I've dug around a couple junk yards on the phone, one thought they had it but didn't and the other one hasn't gotten back to me yet. Weird how even though the bracket separates from the harness via the two 8mm nuts but yet you still have to buy the next higher assembly!

If you do find a source for this fuse, do tell!

For now I've just looped a 12 gauge wire across it...grr

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#6 ·
Thanks!

Two different dealers couldn't help..

#8 ·
Here's the part BTW, $16 through my bro in law at the dealer.

#10 ·
The fuse is in that pic above your post here. Buy it

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

#11 ·
fuse

thank you Brent but where can i locate the fuse o my car please... ford is NO help at all

so this is a relay for the battery cable correct? and this should fix my electric steering?

so i spent a few hours at Ford yesterday. got some info there is a fuse for powerttrain control; module (PCM) power steering control; module (PSCM) which you will not find this infor in your owners manual..this fuse is located in the junction box F45 and is a 5 amp .3
thank you for all your help so i hope i shared info you need.

#12 ·
It's the piece hanging off the side of your battery

Can't just buy the fuse, you have to buy that whole piece

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.