Stock brake fluid - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-30-2014, 07:39 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
ddtmoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Utah
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
Look it up fool

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Ouch, that hurt....didn't mean to piss u off dude. Have a great day.....
ddtmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-30-2014, 09:14 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
Compstall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tacoma, WA
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,162
Turn off the tears Son, I was in Korea!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
- Brent
'11 GT Kona Blue Brembo
"Measure with micrometers, mark with a scribe, chop with an axe"
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:12 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
Turn off the tears Son, I was in Korea!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Korea town is NOT Korea lol
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-04-2014, 01:48 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Conway
Region: New Hampshire
Posts: 28
If the car is tracked then the stock fluid is not adequate.
On my first track day with my 2014 Track Pack car the brakes did not fail to stop the car but burned the fluid black in intermediate group on a track without very particularly challenging braking on stock tires. My car only had 1500 miles on it. I am an instructor and use the brakes hard. (fronts are Carbotech XP24 pads for track and Bobcats for street. Rear is XP12 all the time)
The mechanic who changed the fluid for me, after this event, was amazed at how poorly the stock fluid held up (he owns a 2013 GT).
I switched to Motul 500 Dot 4 and issues gone even now with my race pads and Dot R tires. True; the Motul should be replaced at least once a year but if you take the car on the track and drive with speed then use stock fluid carefully.
todcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 07:39 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: hiram
Region: Georgia
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by todcp View Post
If the car is tracked then the stock fluid is not adequate.
On my first track day with my 2014 Track Pack car the brakes did not fail to stop the car but burned the fluid black in intermediate group on a track without very particularly challenging braking on stock tires. My car only had 1500 miles on it. I am an instructor and use the brakes hard. (fronts are Carbotech XP24 pads for track and Bobcats for street. Rear is XP12 all the time)
The mechanic who changed the fluid for me, after this event, was amazed at how poorly the stock fluid held up (he owns a 2013 GT).
I switched to Motul 500 Dot 4 and issues gone even now with my race pads and Dot R tires. True; the Motul should be replaced at least once a year but if you take the car on the track and drive with speed then use stock fluid carefully.

Hey how did the stock brake lines hold up? I'm getting ready to do my first track day in sept with my 2011 brembo gt and I'm going to at least change the fluid, but I'm considering the changing the lines to boss or stainless lines.
rwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:32 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Conway
Region: New Hampshire
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheels View Post
Hey how did the stock brake lines hold up? I'm getting ready to do my first track day in sept with my 2011 brembo gt and I'm going to at least change the fluid, but I'm considering the changing the lines to boss or stainless lines.
My GT has the track pack. This package includes the Boss 302 brake lines. Not steel but stronger lines than the regular car. I have not felt a reason to change them to Stainless. The pedal is firm, communicative and predictable, on track, with my race Carbotech XP24 pads and Motul fluid.
Note that the tech folks at Carbotech recommended the XP24 for the front and XP12 for the rear when on track then for street just change the front only to the street Bobcat pads. This way it is not necessary to change rotors as the Bobcat are a compatible pad material. Also ok to drive to the track with the XP24 though they do squeal without enough heat in them.
todcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:00 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: hiram
Region: Georgia
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by todcp View Post
My GT has the track pack. This package includes the Boss 302 brake lines. Not steel but stronger lines than the regular car. I have not felt a reason to change them to Stainless. The pedal is firm, communicative and predictable, on track, with my race Carbotech XP24 pads and Motul fluid.
Note that the tech folks at Carbotech recommended the XP24 for the front and XP12 for the rear when on track then for street just change the front only to the street Bobcat pads. This way it is not necessary to change rotors as the Bobcat are a compatible pad material. Also ok to drive to the track with the XP24 though they do squeal without enough heat in them.

thanks for the info, I'm considering the boss lines, half the price and supposedly more consistant feel than stainless. I might go with them then
rwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motorcraft Transmission Fluid or Royal Purple Fluid 2011 Kona Blue General Mustang Discussion 7 10-15-2013 10:38 PM
Smell diff fluid or tranny fluid when I get on it? ajpturbo 1996-2004 Mustang GT 0 06-19-2010 10:26 AM
Still dripping some brake fluid WhiteStang99 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 19 06-21-2005 08:00 PM
Getting brake fluid on... MonteCitan The Bar 8 03-26-2005 10:50 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



11:01 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.