Friend in need!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-23-2014, 08:07 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Friend in need!!

Alright guys I know this isn't the classifieds but I'm not yet permitted to use the classifieds I am acquiring for my friend yacob454 he recently got into a wreck and literally popped the balljoint out of the front drivers side control arm and bent the control arm and tie rod does anybody have a control arm and or tie rod?

Thanks in advance!!

And again sorry for posting in the wrong section but we need to get his car back up and going again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolutio
13coyotevahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2014, 08:22 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
You're a good friend but the force required to do that probably tweaked other stuff. The car should go on a frame machine to see if everything is still straight. No insurance?

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:25 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Ya he has insurance but he'd rather not go through them. Hopefully no frame damage nothing looks shifted or anything like that just the rim bent up and the control arm bent at the very front which I think is designed to do? By the looks of it atleast!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2014, 08:59 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
You won't see it, definitely, the K member is pretty sturdy but, that doesn't mean it isn't there. The electric power steering and stability control can go nuts if things aren't exactly right down there. No suspension component is designed to bend, because handling forces would rip it to shreds over time.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:06 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

True... He's gonna have to take it to get checked anyways but as of right now there's no way of getting the car anywhere, we barely got it home last night at 4am after finally getting it to a point where we could get it onto a tow truck without pulling the bumper and or side skirts off.

Old 06-23-2014, 01:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
You should post the model and year of your friend's Stang.

Considering that you said he has insurance and didn't say he can't claim it then it must be a relatively late model.

If its 2010 or newer its probably best to file insurance. There's probably more damage there than its worth to try to pony up and fix yourself. That and if you miss something that's bent or if the frame is bent ever so slightly the car will drive like shiit.

If the frame is bent I think most ins co will total the car for him. Scoring a new car is better than trying to goodwill parts from a variety of sources.

Was it his fault or did someone run him off the road? If someone ran him off then he could file for non-insured motorist. It won't raise his premiums. But I think the company will require a police report to file that.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:26 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

It was his fault out having a good time got a little rowdy and over corrected into a curb.. more than likely gonna do insurance way and gonna see what happens

Thanks for the help guys!

Old 06-23-2014, 06:09 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

It was his fault out having a good time got a little rowdy and over corrected into a curb.. more than likely gonna do insurance way and gonna see what happens

Thanks for the help guys!

Old 06-24-2014, 02:52 PM   #9
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
This happened at 4 AM, over corrected into a curb, doesn't want to use insurance.

Hopefully there was no drinking and driving going on.

Best of luck to your friend, was anyone else involved?

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:04 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

No no drinking and it happened at like 8 ish we finally got it on a tow truck at 4am after failing to get a trailer but no one was involved it happened behind a building where there was a nice curve to slide around on. He called insurance so hopefully everything will be ok.

Old 06-24-2014, 03:33 PM   #11
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
That's good to hear that no one else was involved, again, best of luck

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:38 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
At least he's ok lesson learned I hope have to be acting pretty foolishly to do that much damage just messing around

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:42 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Idk I wasn't there I got called to the scene haha but he said it wasn't even a hard impact really don't know how it got damaged that bad....

Old 06-25-2014, 09:43 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13coyotevahan View Post
Alright guys I know this isn't the classifieds but I'm not yet permitted to use the classifieds
That makes it ok over here then? Just trying to clarify..you know, just like those times when there's a line and a half out the door at the store, we're all waiting as patiently as we can, and then that one guy jumps the line for one of those "real quick" questions. Yeah buddy, we ALL got something to do here, real quick. Get in the back of the line like the rest of us did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT