Instant center? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-03-2014, 08:47 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Instant center?

Hey guys, I'm getting ready to lower my car. I'm tryin to get a definitive answer on where I should be placing my BMR UCA bracket, and my BMR LCA relocation brackets once lowered. Anybody have some insight on this? I've done a bit of research and everything leads to top hole of UCA bracket, and middle hole of LCA bracket for daily driving, which is what the intended purpose will be with the occasional drag strip action. Thanks in advance bros.

Eric,

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2014, 12:57 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
If your asking if you should replace the UCA because ur lowering the car, yes. Do you have to? No. How low are you lowering the car?
Old 07-03-2014, 01:06 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I already have the UCA and bracket. What I'm asking is if I should lower the UCA to the lower hole BECAUSE it's lowered. It's getting lowered on konis's, with springs, and strut mounts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2014, 09:08 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I have no input on the UCA, but i believe you are correct on the LCA. It has been a while since i spoke with Kelly, so you may want to double check this on your own, but from what i understood, you basically wanted to lower the LCA "double" what you lowered the car.

For example, the first hole is 2" lower than stock, second is 3", last is 4" (i believe, again, may want to check on your own).

So if i lowered my car 1", i would use the first hole which is "double," or 2" down. If i lowered 2" id want the last hole or, or "souble," which is 4" down.

At the end of the day though, you either want them parallel, or at a slight downward angle towards the axle. The higher the angle towards the axle, the more stress you put on the tires, so the stickier tire you will need. Kelly can explain it MUCH better than i just did, so id recommend giving them a call.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:18 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I have the LCA's in the middle hole, that is what's recommended for my drop. The angle is ever so slightly pointing up towards the axle.

Old 07-07-2014, 04:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
dropped mine 1 1/2" all way around used LCA relocation brackets middle hole and adjustable LCA's no wheel hop at all pinion angle was set no issues to date. I did install panhardbar brace and adj panhard bar. Did not touch the UCA at all.
Paradone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:10 PM   #7
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Yes, top hole for uca and top or middle hole for relocation brackets. The bottom holes on both of these are for hardcore use and 96% of people should not use them.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:27 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Lol 96% percent. So specific lol. I got a slight camber issue up front. Going to let the springs settle a bit and get an alignment.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT