Quick Help, about to pull trigger on a suspension package purchase! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-10-2014, 01:42 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quick Help, about to pull trigger on a suspension package purchase!

The site I am looking at has a sale going on. $555 for the Eibach Sport Plus suspension kit. It is springs and sway bars. The Sport Plus System is $890 for sway bars, springs and Shocks/struts. Are the shocks and struts worth the extra $340? my car has stock ones now and about 21,000 on it.

Wish American Muscle had the sportline so I could buy from them and price match but not even on their site for my year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	161158   Click image for larger version

Name:	system.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	161159  

Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2014, 01:48 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Sway bars really aren't necessary and that kit is missing other items you'll need.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Not entirely sure how much of a drop those kits are, but it is definitely recommended to do shocks/struts when lowering. Some people can get away with using the stock ones, but some people end up blowing them out fairly quickly. Matching springs/shocks/struts will also provide a much more comfortable ride (mismatched parts can potentially increase ride harshness). Most people also replace strut mounts when they upgrade the struts - the stocks ones are garbage. Make sure to match up the strut mounts with the struts (i.e. 2011-2014 struts with 2011-2014 mounts, or 2005-2010 mounts with 2005-2010 struts). You can use either mount/strut combo, but they just need to match each other (cannot use 2005-2010 mounts with 2011-2014 struts). You will probably also want a adjustable panhard bar. The axle tends to move when lowering (less than an inch but it's not ideal). Also make sure to get an alignment once everything settles. This list of "recommended" parts goes on as well - adjustable upper control arm to ensure proper pinion angle. Lower control arm relocation brackets to ensure correct suspension geometry for traction.
2013 Mustang GT w/ Track Pack - Steeda Ultralite Springs, Koni Str.t Struts/Shocks, BMR LCA & Relocation Brackets, BMR Adjustable UCA and Bracket, BMR Adjustable Panhard, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft, Bassani x-pipe and catback, MGW shifter, JLT CAI, Steeda Tune
Coyote5o is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2014, 01:53 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

And I agree with grabber - sway bars aren't really necessary. Unless maybe they weigh less?
2013 Mustang GT w/ Track Pack - Steeda Ultralite Springs, Koni Str.t Struts/Shocks, BMR LCA & Relocation Brackets, BMR Adjustable UCA and Bracket, BMR Adjustable Panhard, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft, Bassani x-pipe and catback, MGW shifter, JLT CAI, Steeda Tune
Old 07-10-2014, 01:55 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

My front sway bar was removed a long time ago LOL.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I am going to get UCA, LCA and panhard as well. I am mostly just looking for the difference. They do have a kit for $600 that is shock struts and springs no sway bars. Do the sway bars really not make much of a difference?
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:17 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

575 for springs struts and no sway bars. Man I was all ready to pull the trigger now right back to decision making again, lol.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:20 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

If you're a hardcore racer.. Maybe you'll notice.. If it's a daily driver.. I don't think you'd notice much unless you started with no sway bars.

Grabber, what type of racing do you typically do? Removing the front would loosen the back end if I'm thinking correct. Not really ideal for most unless you drift it haha

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 07-10-2014, 02:23 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Just my daily driver, albeit spirited. I can always get sway bars later if desired too. Now I am leaning towards the shock/strut spring package. uggg decisions
Old 07-10-2014, 02:40 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah save the money and put it towards the other suspension goodies. If you feel the need to spend money down the road, add sway bars.. but its definitely not a necessity
Old 07-10-2014, 03:56 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote5o View Post
Grabber, what type of racing do you typically do? Removing the front would loosen the back end if I'm thinking correct. Not really ideal for most unless you drift it haha
Drag racing. It takes weight off the front and helps with weight transfer.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:36 PM   #12
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quick Help, about to pull trigger on a suspension package purchase!

If you like taking corners with any form of speed keep the sway bars.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 01:17 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
I am going to get UCA, LCA and panhard as well. I am mostly just looking for the difference. They do have a kit for $600 that is shock struts and springs no sway bars. Do the sway bars really not make much of a difference?
Sway bars are for road course or autoX. They do a very good job of keeping the car from rolling during cornering. Depending on your build having stiffer bigger sway bars may or may not be necessary.

The parts need to work together. If all you're doing or wanna do is go in a straight line as fast as you can then you don't need it.

But keep in mind, every road curves and turns eventually.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 01:21 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Even for regular dd drivers I recommend keeping your sway bars. Without them you'll sway more than Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 01:31 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Grabber, according to your signature, I see you've neglected ball joints and bumpsteer aftermarket solutions. May I ask why?
Old 07-11-2014, 04:46 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
Grabber, according to your signature, I see you've neglected ball joints and bumpsteer aftermarket solutions. May I ask why?
Not necessary.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:33 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Oh yeah I'd never recommend removing the stock sway bars! Upgrading them are just simply not necessary when lowering your car and probably not necessarily beneficial for 99% of people (those who just drive the car like any other car)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 07-11-2014, 08:23 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I installed the Eibach Pro handling pkg (stuts, shocks, springs, sway bar) plus lower control arms, adjustment plates, and an adj pan hard bar. I have an 06 GT which arguable is much different than a 5.0, my car has 18k miles on it (obviously a garage queen). I installed the pkg for two reasons, lowering (I run 20" whls) and handling. Post install handling is like night and day, fantastic. Lowered exactly as I wanted. Install was simple, alignment post install at a local shop. I highly recommend the entire pkg, not pieces of here and there. Best of luck.
RCrumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:33 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Not my money, so i cant say to do or not to do anything . I went with steeda ultralites, koni str.t's, gt500 mounts, along with all BMR lca/uca/panhard and it was also a night a day compared to stock. I left out sway bars because I don't think i'd notice a big difference at the moment. If i start to get more involved with AutoX or road races, then I may notice the difference. Either way.. you'll be happy and if you install all at once you won't notice/care whether the sway bars help or not because you'll be happy with the overall change.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:51 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh yeah I'd never recommend removing the stock sway bars!
The rear no but the front yes.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:57 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

For drag racing, sure do whatever. how would that benefit daily driving?
Old 07-11-2014, 11:52 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
For drag racing, sure do whatever. how would that benefit daily driving?
Who said anything about daily driving? Not me. And not only do have my front sway bar removed I also run skinnies on the front 100% of the time. The benefit? Less weight off the nose and better weight transfer.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:00 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Ah, sorry i misunderstood. I thought you were saying the OP should take off his front sway bar. Was just stating that for the OP's application (being his DD), that sway bars are probably beneficial.. unless he has nothing but flat, straight roads and lights every 1/4 miles .
Old 07-11-2014, 12:24 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

The coyotes are still stable with no front sway bar and skinny ' s going around a turn. Even at highway speeds on a bridge etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:32 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I imagine you'd only notice a minor difference in highway type driving where there are large radius turns that require smooth inputs from the driver.. Possibly a bit more for quick lane changes. I think the biggest difference would be seen on any spirited back road driving - quick inputs and consecutive small radius turns. I'm by no means a suspension expert, i have other friends to rely on for that. My knowledge of suspension - whatever you think is right.. the complete opposite of what really happens .
Old 07-15-2014, 09:39 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks to everyone. Everything is ordered. From AM of course. decided to save the money and keep stock sway bars for now. Cant wait to get on post pics and feel the car hugging the road!
Old 07-17-2014, 02:18 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Good luck with the suspension changes! Look forward to hearing how it turns out since we have had a similar build thus far.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT