Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Ford Racing Track-Cal!!

24K views 168 replies 22 participants last post by  mav351w 
#1 ·
Ford Racing released the track-cal tune for the 13 gt's on the 9th.Having it installed at my dealer Monday if it arrives! I paid about 530$ with tax.Thats not including the Install.I keep my warranty because the dealer will install.. Pretty pumped up. It has the loopey idle, driver adjustable launch control and driver adjustable pit lane speed control.
Improved engine performance- Up to 60lb-ft at 1500rpm & peak increases of 16 hp and 7 lb-ft on 93 octane fuel .I called FR and asked about the pinging noise that's in every thread with the procal, and the guy said its a brandnew tune that's a lot better however, there will be slight pinging but using a catchcan will fix the problem. The noise is because of the oil blowback due to the advanced timing .Same thing as the procal lol scary:banghead: . I hope it just wakes up the beast alittle and the idle alone will be wicked enuff!!For the ones who care il def keep ya updated

#2 ·
Jeepers, that's a lot of money for not including the install. I understand it's got new cool stuff like LC and lope but wow, that's still steep for a canned tune.

I paid 280 for the original PC2 tune and $50 for the dealer to put it on my '12.

it really worked for me, though, no complaints in that regard. really likes good fuel though 91+

#5 ·
I have been doing a lot of looking into getting the ProCal tool with the track calibration software. On Ford Racing Parts Direct, it runs $559 with the filter. Looking at American Muscle, they sell the ProCal tuner with filter for $349. I don't believe the American Muscle tuner has the same tune as the one from Ford Racing. I pulled this quote from the Ford Racing site "NOTE: THE TRACKEY SOFTWARE IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ANY AFTERMARKET SOFTWARE OR THE FORD RACING M-9603-MGTB/M-FR1-MGTB PROCAL TUNE!
IF YOU HAVE PARTS ON YOUR CAR THAT REQUIRE AN AFTERMARKET TUNE OR A SUPERCHARGER OR TURBO KIT THIS TRACKEY TUNE WILL NOT OVERLAY OR BE INSTALLED CONCURRENTLY ON THE PCM. INSTALLING THE TRACKEY SOFTWARE WILL REPLACE WHATEVER WAS ON THE PCM BEFORE." The one from American Muscle is listed as M-9603-MGTB, which leads me to believe they are not the same tune, hence the difference in price.

Chris

#6 ·
The tunes are for the most part, very similar in character. You are paying for the added features and the newness of the thing, if that matters to you.

#13 ·
I have no idea. It's features over the Procal I'm talking about.

They are both advertised as ProCal, so you haven't actually told me anything. The ProCal is the tool, not the tuning software.

Now your saying that the Lopey idle, launch control, and pit lane speed control are the extra features that equate to the extra cost?

The ProCal tool at Ford Racing does state that it includes the Track Cal software, whereas the one from American Muscle says nothing about the software other than having M-9603-MGTB in the description. So if I buy the one from AM, Ford will put an older tune on it without the added features?

Chris

#8 ·
I have no idea. It's features over the Procal I'm talking about.

#9 ·
Both the Ford Racing, and the American Muscle, include the ProCal tool with a tune loaded on them. The one from Ford Racing states that it will override the M-9603-MGTB tune if you have it. The American Muscle ProCal is the M-9603 tune. I'm wondering what the difference is, since they both use the ProCal tool.

Chris

#10 ·
What are you talking about? The Procal is made by Ford Racing. American Muscle is just a retailer.

#12 ·
I told you that. If the thing us advertised as Procal, it it just the tune. If it us Track Cal it is a tune with new features like lc and lope, and it'll only work for late 13s and 14s.

#14 ·
Actually I said just that in the post where I referred to the extra cost features at first. MGTB is the original, tune only Procal. It works on 11-14. The track cal is only late 13 and 14s.

#15 ·
from what ford racing told me the track-cal is a new and different tune from the pro-cal. The price is due to the re-written tune and the new features. If it doesn't say track-cal or track-key than it wont have the loopey idle........................... Talked to the dealer will be Friday before the install :(( I know its gonna sound killer I have the Boss H with side dumps open butted up to flowmaster outlaws! Does anyone with trackkey and outlaws have a video? I seen 1 on youtube but can barley hear!!!

#19 · (Edited)
I hate waiting for parts! My exhaust has been on back order for weeks. I got my oil separator in yesterday, and it was a piece of cake to install. It took me longer to get the hood up, and take the plastic cover off the intake than it did to put the separator on. Still waiting on my voucher from Ford.

Chris

#21 ·
You have a dealer lined up to do the install, right? Not all dealers will touch this kind of work and for the warranty to be valid, you need dealer install paperwork to supply to Ford Racing. Best to get this lined up before you get your parts or you may be waiting longer.

#23 ·
I don't necessarily want to pump your expectations too high but, you're going to love this tune over the marshmallow-creme soft stock tune. The engine just makes no bottom end grunt, has harsh rev hang on shifting and has an unnatural lack of engine braking on the overrrun, in stock form. This tune will fix all that and make the car feel like a real beast.

#25 ·
Track-Cal Installed

So had the tune installed yesterday and holy sh*tt its pretty nice..It takes your car alittle while to adjust, the idle finally settled down after a hour of driving it sounds mean as hell .Opened up the tone more and has a nice deep rumble and sounds just as good if not better than the other ghost cam tunes. Just pressing the pedal alittle the car wants to jump!!The torque is def there and no pinging noise yet!!!I can feel the difference in power.Sure id like more but I gotta keep my warranty for now.The exhaust has a loud gun like poping noise when downshifting sounds wicked!!!.Now the cons is my gas milage went down from 14mpg to 9.5 that's just cruising around not getting on it..maybe because of the idle? it may take some time to adjust. And the only other complaint is my side exhaust has a small rattle from the crazy shaking.Im sure I can just tightened up everything and will be good!I would def get this tune for those who want to keep your warranty.Heres 2 videos I would put headphones on to get the full sound or it will sound very faint! I'm Satisfied .
MV1 - YouTube
MV2 - YouTube

#27 ·
Wasn't this track key tuning discussed before? I believe someone did a dyno comparison and found that power was actually lost over the stock tune. This strictly made behavioral changes. Not additional power.

Or is this something entirely different than the track key?

#28 ·
This one for the late 13s and 14 is different and does contain an actual tune with more power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.