750HP SVT Mustang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-15-2014, 07:53 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
750HP SVT Mustang

Here's the latest rumor about the next-gen SVT mustang! What y'all think?

Is Ford getting ready to announce a 750 HP SVT Mustang? | HorsepowerKings.com
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2014, 08:06 AM   #2
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Wouldn't surprise me at all. It isn't like they really need to do anything more with the current stock heads/cams/intake than to turn up the boost. Ford will want to put legit forged rods in them obviously, not the "sinter forged" stuff they use now.

Too bad it will still look like *** compared to the 10-14 body style, especially the 10-12 (10-12 front fascia=betterx1000).
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
That would be awesome to have and drive. Too bad if have to sell a kidney to get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Damiendrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2014, 07:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Always is a whose junk is bigger with us Americans. Love it =]
Grimkreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:12 PM   #5
Staff
Regular
Staff

Well Dodge just threw down the gauntlet with a 707HP monster that supposedly runs 10s with drag radials right off the showroom floor. Not that anyone with a normal job will ever be able to afford it... But... Chevy and Ford are going to have to "keep up with the Joneses" even though you can run a high 10 with much less than 700hp. I mean all Ford really needs to do with the GT500 is put Whipples on them from the factory for 800+.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:50 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I heard ford was focusing more on handling than power for the 2016

stanglife305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:52 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanglife305 View Post
I heard ford was focusing more on handling than power for the 2016

That probably was the plan before the hellcat was announced

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:12 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
'Murica
dblhelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:58 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
That's funny. The article says that this make-believe pony is going to weigh less than 3,500lbs... but Ford hasn't made a Mustang that weighed less than that in the past 30 years, what makes you think they can do it now?

And I think that if you put a $70,000 price tag on a Mustang, you are missing the F!cking point. I don't care if the Mustang came with 1,000hp... for $70k, I would rather have a '15 Z06 'vette.
DavidBoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:42 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
15 Z06 is 78K, not 70K. The way I'd want it, it would probably be close to 95K
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:44 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I wouldn't buy any of those.
GTR is what I would get for 90k plus. And will get one day.

My dad paid 110k for his range rover, kept trying to get him to get a gtr instead. But it all boils down to what you want.

Me if I'm spending 80k + it's going to be a gtr

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:45 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

And I'll beat you around a track in the Z06
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:46 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I could care less about going around a track

Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:48 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
I could care less about going around a track

I know that. We all know you only care about a straight line
Old 08-26-2014, 12:11 PM   #15
Staff
Regular
Staff

Inb4 straight joke.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:56 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I remember the days when a new GTR could be had for under 80k. Now for a base model one starts above 100. Still a fantastic car, just not a bargain anymore. I think I'd go elsewhere on either.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:04 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Doubt it!!! Maybe if you are very experienced, otherwise the Vette is likely to be a handful. I know it's likely a better handler than the C6 Z06, but I bet I could put my girlfriend around the track in a GT-R faster than the average joe can get around in a C7Z. I know this is obviously not the end-all, be-all, but it's worth noting that when they test-drove the ZR1 on Top Gear, they loved it for its absurdity. When the Stig put it around the track, he edged out whatever other expensive car they were testing that day. The hosts then went on to say that while the Stig was marginally faster in the Vette, there's no way any of them would be faster in the Vette than the "inferior" other car they were testing that day. And they drive and review cars for a living. So... Yeah. That being said, the C7Z is a monster and if I were spending anything short of $150k on a car, that's where my money would be going--definitely not to a GT-R (even though I'd be faster in it).

Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:35 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Exactly, nearly anyone can drive the GTR, and that's a but underwhelming. I want a track car that requires skill. Such as the C7 Z06, with the Z07 package.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:38 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Exactly, nearly anyone can drive the GTR, and that's a but underwhelming. I want a track car that requires skill. Such as the C7 Z06, with the Z07 package.

And you still won't be as fast as an average guy in a GT-R..

Old 08-26-2014, 02:41 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post

Who cares. The GTR is great, I just thinking it's overhyped. Also, in numerous tests, the BASE Corvette C7 beat the GTR around a track, same drivers.

Hmm, shouldn't the GTR win if it was the better track car...
Old 08-26-2014, 03:04 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I have nothing bad to say about the GTR. I have been a Skyline fan since the R34. But, the new Z06 is everything I think a performance machine should be. Hunter Thompson said that the allure of fast cars and big guns is that they push men to their limits, not the man pushing the machine to its limits.

The fact that the Z06 requires a more experienced driver is a good thing in my opinion.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:07 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
The fact that the Z06 requires a more experienced driver is a good thing in my opinion.
And why I'll pick a C7 Z06 with the Z07 package over the GTR
Old 08-26-2014, 03:09 PM   #23
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:

I've actually seen a GTR in action at an autocross, granted it isn't a long road course I wasn't terribly impressed with it. There was a Z28 (4th gen) running close times to it.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:12 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
And why I'll pick a C7 Z06 with the Z07 package over the GTR

I agree. There is something awesome about taming a savage beast like the Vette. I was just pointing out that you said that you, yourself, would beat the GT-R around the track.

In hindsight, seeing what the regular C7 did to the GT-R, you're probably right. Even if you were as sloppy as possible in the turns, even the base Z51 was faster (by 2mph in the straights) than the GT-R, even after taking a beating on the turns.

Don't get me wrong, my money would be with the Vette, as well.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:14 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I've actually seen a GTR in action at an autocross, granted it isn't a long road course I wasn't terribly impressed with it. There was a Z28 (4th gen) running close times to it.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

For what it's worth, I sim race, and they're really surprisingly accurate, and I was not impressed with the GT-R. I know there is not a concrete link between sim performance and real life performance, but the entire point of the game is to get as close as possible. The GT-R understeers like nobody's business. Sure, it handles like it's on rails in terms of lateral G-forces, but man will you get beat up bad if you forget how bad the understeer is and get into a turn a little too hot.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:39 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Doubt it!!! Maybe if you are very experienced, otherwise the Vette is likely to be a handful. I know it's likely a better handler than the C6 Z06, but I bet I could put my girlfriend around the track in a GT-R faster than the average joe can get around in a C7Z. I know this is obviously not the end-all, be-all, but it's worth noting that when they test-drove the ZR1 on Top Gear, they loved it for its absurdity. When the Stig put it around the track, he edged out whatever other expensive car they were testing that day. The hosts then went on to say that while the Stig was marginally faster in the Vette, there's no way any of them would be faster in the Vette than the "inferior" other car they were testing that day. And they drive and review cars for a living. So... Yeah. That being said, the C7Z is a monster and if I were spending anything short of $150k on a car, that's where my money would be going--definitely not to a GT-R (even though I'd be faster in it).

Are you saying the stig is your girlfriend? I kinda got lost in that.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:06 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
Are you saying the stig is your girlfriend? I kinda got lost in that.

Typical Aggie!

Just kidding bud. Yep, the Stig is my girlfriend. That's why you never hear him talk.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:23 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Typical Aggie!

Just kidding bud. Yep, the Stig is my girlfriend. That's why you never hear him talk.

I knew it.

Chevy runs deep, don't step in Chevy.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:15 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

I know that Google has made asking questions obsolete, but what is this "sim racing" you speak of? I used to play Gran Turismo on the PlayStation, but for some reason I think you may be talking about something different.

I bought a magazine a while back that was dedicated entirely to the new Corvette. It talked about the engine and the design of the chassis and the hours of design and engineering that went into the aerodynamics of the C7. The Z07 aero package produces the most down force of any vehicle GM has not only evee made, but ever tested as well. The vents in the hood allow air taken in from the grill to escape upwards, providing downforce. It's crazy.

That entire car is an epic example of what dedicated car enthusiasts can put together. It is designed to be the ultimate driving experience. And that is why I appreciate it more than any other car out there right now. I am sure there are plenty of European cars that have been designed to provide the ultimate driving experience as well, but there is something about the brute, unrefined, angry performance of American muscle that attracts me more than the svelte, lady-like finesse of the Euro sports cars.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate a lot of the things they develop across the pond... I just foind out about the BMW M6 V10 engine. Five liter V10 with individual throttle bodies that revs to 8400rpms and makes over 100hp/liter naturally aspirated. That is neat. Really neat. But BMW just doesn't do it for me. In fact, most of the whiz-bang motors from Europe or Japan just seem all cracked out. It's impressive to get an engine to spin over 8,000rpms reliably, but I will still take a cam-in-block motor spinning at 6k over it any day of the week.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:34 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
I know that Google has made asking questions obsolete, but what is this "sim racing" you speak of? I used to play Gran Turismo on the PlayStation, but for some reason I think you may be talking about something different.

I bought a magazine a while back that was dedicated entirely to the new Corvette. It talked about the engine and the design of the chassis and the hours of design and engineering that went into the aerodynamics of the C7. The Z07 aero package produces the most down force of any vehicle GM has not only evee made, but ever tested as well. The vents in the hood allow air taken in from the grill to escape upwards, providing downforce. It's crazy.

That entire car is an epic example of what dedicated car enthusiasts can put together. It is designed to be the ultimate driving experience. And that is why I appreciate it more than any other car out there right now. I am sure there are plenty of European cars that have been designed to provide the ultimate driving experience as well, but there is something about the brute, unrefined, angry performance of American muscle that attracts me more than the svelte, lady-like finesse of the Euro sports cars.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate a lot of the things they develop across the pond... I just foind out about the BMW M6 V10 engine. Five liter V10 with individual throttle bodies that revs to 8400rpms and makes over 100hp/liter naturally aspirated. That is neat. Really neat. But BMW just doesn't do it for me. In fact, most of the whiz-bang motors from Europe or Japan just seem all cracked out. It's impressive to get an engine to spin over 8,000rpms reliably, but I will still take a cam-in-block motor spinning at 6k over it any day of the week.

I generally agree with you. While I drive a rev-happy coyote mustang, I would've taken an ls7 car in a heartbeat if I could've afforded one (well, the payments were fine, but insurance on a C6Z for a 23 year old male is laughable at best). I definitely hear you on the unrefined absurdity of American muscle. I love that the car can be an absolute mammoth tire-shredder one moment and be completely buttoned-down and balls-out fast another (with the right driver). I love that, even when you are doing a great job driving it, it feels like it might rear back and bite your hand off at any moment. It's like the car literally wants to kill you. That's awesome.

By sim racing, I'm talking about a slew of "games" that start with Gran Turismo and Forza as entry-level offerings. The bigger names are things like iRacing or the upcoming Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, etc. If you get the right set-up for these games, they are very real when it comes to physics. Every car that I have driven in real life that I have then driven in Gran Turismo 6, for instance, has been wildly accurate in terms of performance all across the board.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:52 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's like the car literally wants to kill you. That's awesome.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:22 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

As for the '16 SVT... we might have jumped the gun on this thread. There is nothing out there in the way of creditable news about this. When the Hellcat thread popped up, you could find a new news article, a new look, and a new opinion every couple days. The link you posted is still the most recent mention of the 2016 SVT GTxxx.

I really hope it's not just hype. I do hope that Ford brings the pain with this new Mustang.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
svt