Axle Back Exhausts on 2014 GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-16-2014, 11:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: McLean
Region: Virginia
Posts: 264
Axle Back Exhausts on 2014 GT

I should be getting my Pypes Pype Bombs this friday and installing them same day, want something really loud that pops sometimes too when decel. I have heard the Pypes are one of the loudest ab you can get up there with SLPs, just wanna be sure that these are really loud, any owners that can attest to this?
kaveh14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-16-2014, 11:52 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
Loudness is relative. Google decibel levels for exhausts and YouTube for sound
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:15 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jaylg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Harlingen
Region: Texas
Posts: 428
I had them on my v6 and they sounded beast and had a buddy in our club with a GT with them on and man they sounded amazing.. I took them off my six for the borla S-Type but that's because those pype bombs I believe sound way better on a v8. You won't be disappointed.. They tame down after like 500 miles.. Atleast mine did


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-17-2014, 03:46 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang Coyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaveh14GT View Post
I should be getting my Pypes Pype Bombs this friday and installing them same day, want something really loud that pops sometimes too when decel. I have heard the Pypes are one of the loudest ab you can get up there with SLPs, just wanna be sure that these are really loud, any owners that can attest to this?
Pype Bombs are THE way to go for the '11-'14 GTs. After being well broken in, mine always crackle and pop DEEPLY when decelerating from around 2400-1800 RPMs every time. When you get these Pypes new, they may change in sound slightly over time due to carbon build up but nothing significant. AND by the way...you'll REALLY love driving under bridges. I also want to add that they can be quiet if you want them too, you just keep the RPMs low and the throttle light.
Mustang Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:04 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: McLean
Region: Virginia
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Coyote View Post
Pype Bombs are THE way to go for the '11-'14 GTs. After being well broken in, mine always crackle and pop DEEPLY when decelerating from around 2400-1800 RPMs every time. When you get these Pypes new, they may change in sound slightly over time due to carbon build up but nothing significant. AND by the way...you'll REALLY love driving under bridges. I also want to add that they can be quiet if you want them too, you just keep the RPMs low and the throttle light.
thats good, exactly what I want. I am thinking of also installing the pypes off road x pipe soon if this isn't loud enough, you might say it is plenty loud but trust me I want it real loud haha
kaveh14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:31 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang Coyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 126
That sounds awesome man! But I just want to give you my opinion on the x-pipe real quick. I have heard many times that an x pipe gives a more raspy sounds than the stock and aftermarket h pipes out there. I'm unsure of the the validity of this as I have only upgraded the axle back portion of my car. IF this is true, and you want to keep that deep tone, you may want to consider an h pipe. Either way man best of luck!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mustang Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:53 PM   #7
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Austin, Tx
Region: Texas
Posts: 3
I have some on3 muffler deletes on my '14 which seem to be almost identical to the Pypes. Fitment was a little bad, but I was able to work around it.

Sound is quite loud, you really are not going to find anything louder in just an axle back, there isn't much of any sound reduction to remove. The sound is quite aggressive when getting on the gas. Inside the car you hear quite an increase, but when you listen from outside, it is pretty wild, it sounds VERY loud.

I really like the sound, but I am planning on getting something with less highway drone. When cruising from 60-70mph the exhaust is quite annoying. The mustang is pretty quiet with highway cruising, but this exhaust really makes itself known.

I paid $220 shipped and am glad I at least tried it out. I didn't want to buy something too quiet and regret it later.
duqx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:11 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Compstall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tacoma, WA
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,162
Exhaust thread #567

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
- Brent
'11 GT Kona Blue Brembo
"Measure with micrometers, mark with a scribe, chop with an axe"
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:45 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: McLean
Region: Virginia
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Coyote View Post
That sounds awesome man! But I just want to give you my opinion on the x-pipe real quick. I have heard many times that an x pipe gives a more raspy sounds than the stock and aftermarket h pipes out there. I'm unsure of the the validity of this as I have only upgraded the axle back portion of my car. IF this is true, and you want to keep that deep tone, you may want to consider an h pipe. Either way man best of luck!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Installed them yesterday, love them! They are loud and I got a lot of stares and looks haha. I love the sound too however would I mind them being even louder, not at all, but thats just me. They are already reallllly loud especially for ab and I love them but I like it to be as loud as possible haha. I am really happy with the purchase and since I was hearing a lot about fitment issues I just took it to a shop for them to do it for me because I didn't want to deal with all that they did it in 45 minutes and everything was good to go. I have to decide whether or not I want the Offroad X pipe or just a Pypes aftermarket X pipe now.
kaveh14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:06 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang Coyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaveh14GT View Post
Installed them yesterday, love them! They are loud and I got a lot of stares and looks haha. I love the sound too however would I mind them being even louder, not at all, but thats just me. They are already reallllly loud especially for ab and I love them but I like it to be as loud as possible haha. I am really happy with the purchase and since I was hearing a lot about fitment issues I just took it to a shop for them to do it for me because I didn't want to deal with all that they did it in 45 minutes and everything was good to go. I have to decide whether or not I want the Offroad X pipe or just a Pypes aftermarket X pipe now.

Awesome man! To each his own for sure! I would go with the Pypes product because the fitment may be better since it's the same company you know?
Mustang Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exhausts For 2014 Mustang V6 MV1685 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 12 06-13-2014 02:33 PM
2014 GT Axle Back Red Stallion 11 2011-2014 Mustang GT 48 03-18-2014 12:49 AM
For Sale: Flowmaster force 2 axle back for 2011-2014 v6-SOLD RobbyD Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 3 11-14-2013 05:27 PM
Wanted: Axle-Back for 2014 V6 CodyC Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 0 09-24-2013 06:02 PM
Cat-back or Axle-back Borla Touring Gmcnomore 2011-2014 V6 Mustang 12 07-23-2011 04:48 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



03:03 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.