Eibach Sportlines with 20" wheels - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-18-2014, 12:33 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Eibach Sportlines with 20" wheels

Seen some pics and videos of 2014 GT's with this setup - any other suspension mods required for clearance?
hispeedlodrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2014, 01:30 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Yes. I'm running Sportline with 20" +45 offset wheels.

- Adjustable panhard bar or watts links.
- lower control arm (LCA)
- LCA relocation bracket
- some say adjustable upper control arm to adjust the pinion but I've run my set up with the stock UCA so far for over two years no problem. I will get the UCA but not until I get a one piece drive shaft.
- shocks and struts
- caster camber plates

You should be fine after this setup.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:13 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

What size tires are you running? I hear a 295/30 rear and 255/35 front work fine. Are all of your listed mods needed for this spring kit to work? I need to get this kit ordered right the first time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2014, 11:53 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
If you're Mustang isn't a drag-only car, you'll want to correct a lot of what lowering springs change in the geometry of your suspension especially if its a daily driver:

- Bumpsteer kit (corrects steering response, for me it greatly improved it from stock)
- Ball joints (corrects roll center)
- Adj. panhard bar (corrects rear-end alignment)
- Rear LCA relocation brackets (relocates LCA's, otherwise traction is significantly reduced)

BUT if you're looking for maximum effectiveness out of an aftermarket suspension I'd also recommend the following:

- Stronger strut mounts (factory pieces start to pop and fall apart, also more adjustable)
- Aftermarket shocks and struts (to get ride quality back on par with stiffer springs)
- Aftermarket rear LCA's (greatly reduces wheel hop and improves traction)
- Aftermarket UCA+UCA bracket (same as above)
Old 07-18-2014, 01:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I JUST got the Eibach Sportline springs, Eibach Pro Damper Shocks/struts and bought Camber bolts, Adjustable BMR pan hard, Adjustable BMR UCA and BMR LCA. Guy at the alinement shop that should cover anything I need to lower properly, get off the line better and handle very well.

BTW... install next week so I will let you know.
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:08 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
^I definitely recommend BMR relo brackets with that setup. I rode around for a week with everything on my suspension list in my garage without the brackets and when my replacement set of brackets finally arrived traction was much much better. Definitely worth the $150 for them
Old 07-18-2014, 02:18 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the info, guys.

NaplesStang - I look forward to hearing how the install turns out.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:07 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Thought I would update. I have had the set up for a couple days now... to reiterate:
BMR adjustable Panhard bar
BMR Polly bearing LCA
BMR Adjustable UCA polly bearrings
Eibach Sportline Springs
Eibach Pro-Damper Shocks and struts

I don't have any graphs or charts lol, but I can tell you that taking corners at speed is a world of difference!! NO body roll to speak of at all. Love the lowered look! She grabs the ground nicely on a launch too. TC off I tried a couple time to replicate the wheel hop I am so used to and nothing. Couldnt be happer! Only thing I will say for anyone in the future us to buy the bearings for the struts. Mechanic said they are built to fail with plastic parts. Soon as pressure was off they pop open and bearings shoot everywhere. I have read elsewhere that over 10,000 miles should expect this. Thrilled with the difference in handling, launch and look!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Drop Difference.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	383.4 KB
ID:	162564  
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:41 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

What wheels and tires are you running?
Old 08-02-2014, 08:46 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

they are 20" AMR and Sumitomo HZR III believe size is 255 35/20

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT