Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Nightmare @ Service

3K views 46 replies 20 participants last post by  DallasStang77 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello I hope someone has had this issue and can help me fix it. My car has been at the dealership now for 8 days. It is a 2014 Mustang GT with 3000 miles on.

I took the car in on 7/9 to get my 1st oil change, balance my tires because I had a little vibration in the steering wheel & a wind noise.

On 7/11 I finally received the car back and they had completed the oil change, warrantied one tire due to excessive road force, while balancing them they managed to scratch all 4 wheels & told me the wind noise was gone.

I got in the car and started driving down the road and the steering wheel was visibly shaking & the wind noise was still there.

I had to pick the car up after the service department closed which was a Friday night so I was not able to bring the car back until Monday morning.

7/14 I brought the car back and explain the issues. They call me back later that day and explain that there were flat spots on all the tires and they went ahead and replaced all 4 tires & they also gave me 4 new rims. They said they had to do further testing with the wind noise.

7/16 They called me and told me that they found and fixed the wind noise. I went to the dealership and took a test drive with the manager and the noise was still there.
They told me they were going to contact Ford and see what they said.

7/18 They told me that they completed all the task that Ford said it could be and they were not able to fix the sound. They told me they drove 2 other brand new Mustang Gt's & they also make the same noise.

Here are the details on the noise: When I first dropped the car off it would make a very high pitch whistling sound @ 58-62 MPH.

After doing the test drive with them on 7/16 the noise can only be heard @ 68-72 MPH.

My question to you guys is do any of you have this high pitch whistling sound?

Any input would help. I am going tonight to pick the car back up.

See less See more
#46 ·
I'm wondering if it is the "BELT"

Did the dealer try putting a dressing on the belt or check to see if a bearing in the tensioner is going bad?

Get a long screwdriver and place it against your engine while it is running. Place the other end of the screwdriver against your ear. If the sound is coming from your engine you should be able to hear it. They do make stethoscopes for this purpose but a long plastic or wood handle screwdriver will work fairly good to hear sounds in the engine.

If not tire noise it is possibly the belt or a tensioner that is the problem.
Ronnie

#47 ·
Did the dealer try putting a dressing on the belt or check to see if a bearing in the tensioner is going bad?

Get a long screwdriver and place it against your engine while it is running. Place the other end of the screwdriver against your ear. If the sound is coming from your engine you should be able to hear it. They do make stethoscopes for this purpose but a long plastic or wood handle screwdriver will work fairly good to hear sounds in the engine.

If not tire noise it is possibly the belt or a tensioner that is the problem.
Ronnie
Hmmmm thanks bud. Didnt know this trick. Now I do and knowing is half the battle... OMG I just quoted GI Joe lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.