Another option for in car nav/entertainment - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-20-2014, 10:52 AM   #1
Region: California
Another option for in car nav/entertainment

Hey guys first post here ive seen alot of us here trying to add nav and touchscreens etc to our rides so id thought I post my setup. I have a base 14 GT btw
I have the belkin bluetooth from aux
A cd mount to hold the tablet in place(works very well)
And a 70$ cheap tablet( the mount works with ipad minis nexus 7 galaxy tab pretty much any 7-8 inch tablet)
Just a thought if any of you wana try this out and it comes out much cheaper than buying a aftermarket radio and destroying your dash. 😁
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1405874943.201211.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	619.2 KB
ID:	161869Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1405874955.064280.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	574.3 KB
ID:	161870Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1405874963.201028.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	677.3 KB
ID:	161871

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Ddude122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 11:12 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: California
I considered doing a tablet. I was even looking at the in-dash conversion some folks have done. I decided against it because I wanted an OEM look. For awhile I just used a smartphone hanging from the dash like you have this tablet. It just looks wonky and is awkward to use because the bracket has too much "give." When you go to touch the screen, it wobbles. And it bounces all over the place during spirited driving.

While this may be less expensive, I think going with one of the many dash kits is a much better option and well worth the money. You also are doing nothing close to "destroying the dash." It's a simple swap of one dash kit to another. You can even sell the old dash kit on eBay to recoup some costs.

2014 GT / Black / 6-speed manual
Airaid CAI / Roush Exhaust / Bama Tune /
Custom Vinyl / Shelby Spoiler
ninerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 06:01 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Washington
Well hell, you should see if you can install a desktop, maybe a full 19" computer with a printer, a seat with wheels and a lever that controls an air cylinder so you can move up and down. Bore some holes under the dash and install a retractable keyboard table too. Maybe hang an in/out box in the window. Nail some framed pics of the family up on the pillars. Then you can get some partition walls for privacy between you and your coworkers in the back seat. Install a coke and candy machine in there too, might get the munchies. Don't forget a huge pen/pencil holder. Maybe when you're done you'll have space for one of those kick-back golf putting greens as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
- Brent
'11 GT Kona Blue Brembo
"Measure with micrometers, mark with a scribe, chop with an axe"
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 06:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Region: Wisconsin
Should try and make it work though as the factory Nav. system is a nightmare to figure out.
bodon is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT