Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Torque converter

4K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  nhcowboy 
#1 ·
What torque converter do you guys recommend and what stall. Also what should I expect to pay for it?

#7 ·
Precision Industries offers a 9.5 inch single disc for 849 or a multi disc for 1079 for our cars. Anyone tried them?

#8 ·
I just put a Circle d 3c in(3500-3700 stall). I paid $1215 shipped. The car drives great! The converter feels tight while driving it regularly but it flashes nicely when I get on it. The car REALLY wakes up! You will love it. The only downside is the snowball effect of mods you are going to need to help with traction. And you will need to get it tuned because it will be shifting and locking up too early. Gas mileage will take a small hit around town but the joy of the drive will more than make up for it.

#10 · (Edited)
I ask because I have used there products in the past on the LSX platform and they were top notch. I know certain brands are better on certain platforms though. Looking myself and deciding between a 4c and 5c or possibly the precision route but wouldnt unless someone has feedback on them for the 6r80:thumb:
I'm sure the PI unit is great but as far as I know a lot of people have not ran one in a 6r80. Circle d has a trusted and proven product for the 6r80 and with the PI unit being roughly the same price as the Circle d. 99% of people are going with the more proven product. And the guys at circle d are really great. I emailed a question on a saturday night not expecting anything till monday and Chris and Brian both got back with me Saturday night at 8pm. They are a dedicated group.

#12 ·
He likes his tranny's smokin hot.

(Sorry grabber... Couldn't resist)

Once you go black.... You wash/detail everyday.

#16 ·
Anyone know if the sct can display Trans temp? I didn't see anything in the selection for Trans fluid temp is it called something different? Using an x4

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#17 ·
I've used ODBII guage software and never seen a PID for trans temp. Just water and intake temp.

Once you go black.... You wash/detail everyday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.