Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Tunes/headers/xpipe/boss intake manifold

3K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  kaveh14GT 
#1 ·
Do any of the products I listed in the title void your warranty from Ford and also can anyone recommend any certain products? I have a 2014 Mustang GT with Pypes Pype Bomb ab and I want to add an off road x pipe, headers, possible boss intake manifold but I'm worried about the warranty but I've noticed a lot of people tune it anyways I want to know how people get around voiding the warranty or they just dont care

#7 ·
I don't want to run an o/r pipe, but do want aftermarket headers, and I know that replacing the OE cats is illegal under federal law unless they are bad, so unless I could find a pipe that let's me use factory cats, no longtubes for me. Shorty headers let me re-use the factory H-Pipe, get better exhaust sound, and some (not much) HP and torque gains.

#6 ·
Best thing you can do is talk to the service adviser or advisers at the dealers around you and figure out what they can do for you. The boss manifold is a ford product. You can do paperwork with ford racing if you have an ASE # basically to certify you as a technician that can install the product for warranty which is what I did or you can have the dealer install it for you and do a ford racing tune as well. Both options can keep your warranty. The other things.... like barazza43 said. F it. lol. They have to prove that it caused the problem. Your strut blowing out cannot be caused by an x-pipe.

#8 ·
You can get aftermarket mid pipes with high flow cats and keep your stock headers and see much better results. No reason really to get aftermarket headers unless you go with long tubes.

Sterling Grey Metallic 2012 GT
Mobile, AL
Instagram-_andrewmontgomery_

#9 · (Edited)
Again, that's still replacing factory cats, ILLEGAL. So unless I can get a shorty pipe that can have me use the OE cats, I'll go with shorty headers.

I'm in VA, so we do have state and emissions inspection.

#14 ·
Again, that's still replacing factory cats, ILLEGAL. So unless I can get a shorty pipe that can have me use the OE cats, I'll go with shorty headers.

I'm in VA, so we do have state and emissions inspection.
I am in VA as well there aftermarket high flow cats that are legal talk to Kevin at Performance Autosport they do allot of tunes and work to fords but they will not install anything that would not pass inspection and the work is top shelf.

#10 ·
What would shorty headers void, just warranty for the headers? I'm not going to get longtubes, don't want the hassles that they can cause with aftermarket cats, or an O/R pipe.
Shorty headers require the same amount of work as doing longtubes and don't give you much baang for the buck.
The boss manifold is a ford product. You can do paperwork with ford racing if you have an ASE # basically to certify you as a technician that can install the product for warranty which is what I did or you can have the dealer install it for you and do a ford racing tune as well. Both options can keep your warranty.
The Boss Intake requires an aftermarket tune. The Pro Cal will not work with it.

#11 ·
GrabberBlue good to know. I thought they had different ones or something. Oh well. I installed the mani and my steeda tune. Data logged. Tune revisions. Data log. Good to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.