Ford Dealership Abuse UPDATE - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-06-2014, 04:29 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Ford Dealership Abuse UPDATE

Dealership That "Thrashed" Customer's Mustang Offers To Buy It Back

Dealership offers to buy car...
wgolden30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2014, 04:45 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
I've been keeping up with this story for a while I figured it would come to this, I'm glad !

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
GunMetalGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 04:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

So am I, still depending on what he put into this car already along with if the offer was enough to pay off his lien, if he has one depends. It doesn't say if he accepted so idk if it was a abundant offer. I would like to know more detail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2014, 06:45 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Also doesn't say if they will transplant his aftermarket parts to the new stang if he gets one
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:33 AM   #5
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Good news to hear the "little guy" can win, and that there was truth to this story. What about the clown service technition? Is he still employed there?

Has he accepted this offer? I'd think I'd get some legal advice on this, as he may still have some issues, such as what has been mentioned above (does he get reimbursed for the aftermarket improvements he made)?

I'm guessing he will have to sign some paperwork stating that the case is closed and that he can no longer talk or discuss the issue once he agrees to their terms (buying back the car) that he should get legal answers to. The dealer can agree to pay for this.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:42 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

That's my dealership. I know those guys well. The owner David is a stand-up guy. They have always gone above and beyond for me. That being said, I hope that tech never got behind the wheel of my car
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:44 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post
That's my dealership. I know those guys well. The owner David is a stand-up guy. They have always gone above and beyond for me. That being said, I hope that tech never got behind the wheel of my car

They were pretty scummy when I bought my truck there. I don't think I would ever go back for anything.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:25 AM   #8
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I like my dealer, but wish I could get proof of them doing this.....I'd keep quiet for a new V8.

edit: when I last brought it in for wtty work I watched them drive it off with respect. The combo of Airaid CAI and Bassani axle backs sounded quite nice and the outside car is one you don't get to hear often.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:51 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I love my data logger for this reason. I thought it was funny they claimed he broke a law about video taping in his car. Since his car is his property and there isn't much of an expectation of privacy- but maybe he still should have had a sticker stating that there may be audio/video surveillance lol. Either way, glad the dealership has at least given up their attack on the person and working in clearing it up.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:49 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
I love my data logger for this reason. I thought it was funny they claimed he broke a law about video taping in his car. Since his car is his property and there isn't much of an expectation of privacy- but maybe he still should have had a sticker stating that there may be audio/video surveillance lol. Either way, glad the dealership has at least given up their attack on the person and working in clearing it up.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

The vehicle was turned over for service work on the dealerships property. Video is ok but audio is a no go without both parties consent.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Old 08-13-2014, 02:44 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles76 View Post
The vehicle was turned over for service work on the dealerships property. Video is ok but audio is a no go without both parties consent.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
so when you allow service to fix your vehicle, you also consent to abandoning your rights to monitor your property?
Old 08-13-2014, 02:53 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgolden30 View Post
so when you allow service to fix your vehicle, you also consent to abandoning your rights to monitor your property?
Apparently in certain states, complete BS, but it looks like it.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:03 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Like I said you can do video but no audio. This is for FL read the statute. Its a very fine line. You have to remember you know someone is about to be in your vehicle for repairs so hence you need the consent. If the video were running when you park your car at your house and someone enters it illegally that is a whole different ball game.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Old 08-13-2014, 03:06 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles76 View Post
Like I said you can do video but no audio. This is for FL read the statute. Its a very fine line. You have to remember you know someone is about to be in your vehicle for repairs so hence you need the consent. If the video were running when you park your car at your house and someone enters it illegally that is a whole different ball game.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
well how about when they leave dealership property for a test drive?

also do they even carry insurance verification when they go on test drives?
Old 08-13-2014, 03:12 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I would say read my comment again. You turned the vehicle over knowing they would be in it. And on the insurance I'm sure it would just as if you allowed any other individual to drive your car. If your concerned contact your dealership and ask them.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Old 08-13-2014, 06:42 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I only work and live in a one party consent state. I wonder if in ones FL house they have to state or make notice of audio recording? Seems absurd on ones own property, but it is FL lol.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 06:10 AM   #17
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Again, courious...is that tech still working there?
Old 08-14-2014, 10:34 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I searched and read somewhere that he still is workin there
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:25 AM   #19
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I just had my Toyota in for a recall, I had to sign 2x saying they had permission to drive it. I would bet beverage that in the fine print it said even if they intentionally drive it into a tree it wasn't their fault and too bad if they do. Like many of these waivers/fine print contracts it depends on whose atty is better.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT