Installed Oracle Dual Color Fog Halos - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-10-2014, 01:13 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Installed Oracle Dual Color Fog Halos

Long day doing a lot to the mustang. One of the things we did was install a pair of Oracle dual color halos inside the fog lights. It has a keyring controller and about 18 different patterns or sequences. We did White & Orange as the two colors. I like them best when they are dimmed down at night, but in day, you can crank them on full bright. The Breath sequence is pretty cool. They go from dim to full bright slowly and back dim. The fogs are still blacked out, so in the day time, they still do not show and blend with the grille.
Here is a quick vid at night clicking through some of the selections.

2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2014, 01:16 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Nice. How long did it take you to achieve this?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:25 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
That is really cool! I've been looking into headlights like these !

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
GunMetalGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2014, 01:32 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

We were going to do the headlights too, but decided against it. We have the halos, just looking, we thought it would be too much. I had an extra pair of fog lights, so I put them in the oven, separated the lens from the housing, installed the halos. That took a couple hours to do both. Wiring them to the controller is so easy. The controller is tiny and I mounted it beside the fuse box and ran my hot wire to the main post right there in the end of the fuse box. Ground just where the controller is mounted and that is it. I had NO problems removing the lens to the fogs after heating them in the oven. I tried one headlight and fought with the bottom of the housing trying to get the lens out and finally said F* it. After trying the fogs, we like it better with just the fogs to be honest. We could have controlled both though, so you can turn on your headlight only or fog only or both together along with the 18 different patterns of light.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Old 08-10-2014, 08:56 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Very Nice Slayer as always top notch looking sweet!
Paradone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:04 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Here is what they look like in the daylight set orange @ about 70% brightness. I blacked out the fogs and left the edge without film. I also cage the fogs in a wire mesh that has been rubber coated with plasti dip.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:18 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Where did you buy them if I may ask all I see is amber, would that be orange?
Paradone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:53 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
They look good
white14v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 12:00 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Is there a way to do this while removing the standard fogs? I think I saw a pic on here a few days ago where it was just the halo assembly in the hole with no fog behind it.

Makes me think of the new Challenger Hellcat's open headlight for the intake. I like the idea, honestly.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 12:22 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, you could install JUST the halo ring onto the blank openings. In fact, that is exactly what they did in the Need For Speed movie Mustang. The halo lights were just in the openings. We considered this but did them inside the fogs.

Amber is Orange. When I ordered them, they were listed as "orange" but the box came white/amber.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:04 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Learned something new on these halo's by accident. My son had to travel to a tournament in CA and left on a Wednesday at 1pm. They got back Tuesday mid day and upon walking to his car, noticed the halo's were STILL ON....
He clicked them off and got in and to his surprise, the car started! Mind you, he said it drug a little, but started and has no issues. Those things must pull nothing to sit on that long or else Ford installed the battery of a lifetime in this car
Old 09-08-2014, 04:38 PM   #12
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Installed Oracle Dual Color Fog Halos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
Learned something new on these halo's by accident. My son had to travel to a tournament in CA and left on a Wednesday at 1pm. They got back Tuesday mid day and upon walking to his car, noticed the halo's were STILL ON....
He clicked them off and got in and to his surprise, the car started! Mind you, he said it drug a little, but started and has no issues. Those things must pull nothing to sit on that long or else Ford installed the battery of a lifetime in this car

They design those halos to be able to be run when the car is off and not kill it. I've seen people pull up to car meets at night and just leave them on when they walk away from it for a while.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT