Leather seat take offs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-10-2014, 02:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Leather seat take offs

Well, I haven't bought anything for my car in a few weeks and I'm itching for something else. Lol. Have any of you bought the leather seat covers off eBay? They are usually taken off at the Roush factory and sold. Is the install fairly difficult? I really want to take these cloth seats out and for $400-$500, it's hard to pass up. Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
BlackFiveOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2014, 04:15 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
The install is not real difficult but not easy either. It took me about 3 hours total. There are videos on youtube that will guide you through everything pretty well. The leather take offs are for electric seats so they do not fit 100% because of the height lever vice the switch on the driver's seat.

Also the rear headrests are released inside the back of the seat. Once you get the cloth up off of the back some, you'll have to reach up and feel inside for the release. It is very similar in design to the front seats, just hidden between the plastic and foam IIRC.

And the plastic pieces on the sides of the front seats either needs a specific tool or you'll have to reach the posts from the inside to release them. There are very sharp edges under the seat as well so be careful reaching up in there. The Katskin video shows the guy just popping them off. The DO NOT just pop right off, they break first.

Finally, when you are finished, take the car to the dealer and have the passenger seat recalibrated. The passenger side air bag sensor will be affected to a minor degree and should be recalibrated for safety reasons.

Leather seats has been my favorite mod so far on my car though. Just gives the interior a completely different feel.
2014SGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:05 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Awesome awesome. Thank you very much!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
BlackFiveOh is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT