Installed Torque Booster & Wastegate - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-10-2014, 06:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Installed Torque Booster & Wastegate

We pulley'd down to a 3.33 pulley and installed a Tial Wastegate with a 10psi spring. The car absolutely GETS IT. From a roll you don't have to downshift near as much to be into boost and putting some serious pressure on your seatback

The install wasn't too bad. Wastgate was super easy, changing to the 100" Gates Green HD belt took a bit more work as we had to move the adjuster pulley over 3 spots in the bracket. For you guys running centri's, this is a great add on.

2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2014, 08:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Did you need a retune? What pressures are you at now? And do you plan on eventually going forged internals and upping it anymore?

Should post up a quick video of that waste gate whistling

This has got to be one of my favorite overall builds on here. I think I'm sold on the idea of a vortech V3 kit once I get around to building mine again.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
We didn't re-tune yet. We hooked up and data logged and looked and our afr and timing looked good. I am going to get Jon to look at our logs and see if he wants to tweak anything. We are running a 10psi spring. The Tial BOV is what really sounds sweet. We are pretty happy with this setup. If she doesn't hold, we will build the motor. She is maxed out on where we want to run this car on the stock internals.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2014, 10:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
That about matches what I've been hearing elsewhere: 600-650 on boost before the bottom end needs built up. I think I'll stay with 600-ish on mine just to be safe...I have no intention of building up the block within a year or so of going FI.

Only thing I could think of at this point is longtubes...maybe not for the power bump but more for lowering underhood temps & generally freer flowing exhaust (well, maybe?). That, and tires cause I'd be roasting those puppies off at least monthly.

I feel remarkably bad for the chevy and hemi competition in your area.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT