Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Cams

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  ArtU 
#1 ·
What is the beSt non blower cams that I can get for my 2013 mustang gt

I'm looking for a crazy idle sound

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#3 ·
Only way to get a actual lope is by deleting the VCT. And deleting the phasers/ adding lockouts.

The off the shelf cams are crap.
Go with MMR or L&M

Your looking at $2,500 in parts. Not including labor/ tuning

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#6 ·
If you have a MT-82, the Ford Racing TrackCal tune lopes, and folks at the meets are saying it sounds old school on my car. [Borla ATAKs]
If you have an automatic , MPT or Lund can do a Lope idle on an SCT tuner.

So quality mufflers and tune can get the sound for you and you get to boost your low end torque rather than loose it.

Art

#8 ·
Well, I can tell you its not dumb on my TrackCal from Ford. Folks at the car meets keep wanting to hear it. Not all of us plan to do a full NA build like you are into, and that's fine. While I think full NA builds are super kewl, its not for my 13 GT. If anything I will in later years do a first stage FR twin-screw super charger and also keep my 100K warranty for any items it did not directly cause.

I would get a four eyed FOX body (I do look from time to time) if I wanted to do monster builds. But it is to each his own desires, that is what makes Mustangs fun and diverse;) The OP wanted cams for a crazy idle as the desire.

BTW, I got 1st place 90+ Mustang award Saturday over several 3 stage Roush, Shelby, Boss, and a supercharged Saleen; given to me by Miss Ohio yesterday. Its not all done at the track.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.