Bama tune and steeda intake - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-12-2014, 07:06 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Bama tune and steeda intake

I'm thinking about purchasing them very soon. If you can give me some advice that would be great ๐Ÿ‘

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
gtlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2014, 07:09 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Why not the steeda intake and steeda tune? Steeda offers the same tunes for life program for the same price - and they're known to be much better

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2013 Mustang GT w/ Track Pack - Steeda Ultralite Springs, Koni Str.t Struts/Shocks, BMR LCA & Relocation Brackets, BMR Adjustable UCA and Bracket, BMR Adjustable Panhard, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft, Bassani x-pipe and catback, MGW shifter, JLT CAI, Steeda Tune
Coyote5o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:26 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Bama tune and steeda intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote5o View Post
Why not the steeda intake and steeda tune? Steeda offers the same tunes for life program for the same price - and they're known to be much better

+1 ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Sterling Grey Metallic 2012 GT
Mobile, AL
Instagram-_andrewmontgomery_
RollDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2014, 08:12 AM   #4
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtlovin View Post
I'm thinking about purchasing them very soon. If you can give me some advice that would be great ๐Ÿ‘
GT-Good question. Steeda makes a great product, clean, easy on the eyes, great install. For the money I think there's a few other out there that are a little easier on the wallet like C&L's CAI and Tuner Kit. Hands down they're the best two modifications we can put on our cars and I think you would be pleasantly surprised at the night and day difference they would provide. I can't help but notice you're over 50 posts as well, shoot me a PM and I'll have our MustangEvolution discount code sent over. Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime and I'm here to help!
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:18 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
You can get the Steeda CAI and sct x3 with steeda tunes for $699.99 directly from steeda, they also offer forum discounts. They also have the steeda preferred financing which is really nice. (Interest free up to a year)

Sterling Grey Metallic 2012 GT
Mobile, AL
Instagram-_andrewmontgomery_
RollDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:40 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

Known to be much better at what? Steeda tune or Steeda CAI?

Sent from my naked Johnson. The thrid real non Boss 227
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:45 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Steeda tunes are known to be better than Bama. Not to mention they designed the intake, they would know better how to tune for it.
2013 Mustang GT w/ Track Pack - Steeda Ultralite Springs, Koni Str.t Struts/Shocks, BMR LCA & Relocation Brackets, BMR Adjustable UCA and Bracket, BMR Adjustable Panhard, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft, Bassani x-pipe and catback, MGW shifter, JLT CAI, Steeda Tune
Old 08-12-2014, 10:07 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Thank you for the support.

Our tunes have been proven to be one of the safest & most reliable tunes in the industry. When you are tuned with Steeda ... you are getting a very safe, powerful & reliable tune. we also offer tunes for life.

Don't take my word for it ... do some searches & see how our tunes stack up to the competition.

Our track record speaks for itself ... we have had 0 engine failures with our tune.

Also, the same tunes we write for you, the consumer, are the same tunes we install on our Serialized Performance Vehicles that are sold at select Ford Dealerships nationwide.

As far as the CAI goes ... just like anything in this world ... there are products priced cheaper. Let's take watches for example ... a Rolex is not the same "product" as other, lesser watches on the market. Yeah, they do the same thing ... but the Rolex's quality & craftsmanship is superior to those lesser brand of watches.

With the Steeda CAI ... you are getting:

- Stainless steel construction of the housing that separates the incoming air from the engine compartment. This extremely durable housing is topped off with a soft/pliable yet tough neoprene synthetic rubber that forms a tight seal against the vehicle hood โ€“ effectively stopping unwanted hot engine compartment air from entering the air box.

- Exclusive aluminum velocity stack component that we developed directly from feedback and tests from our factory sponsored Mustang racing program

- This velocity stack serves multiple purposes โ€“ primarily to ensure a smooth airflow across the Mass Air sensor so that its readings are not compromised, and also to provide a denser flow of fresh incoming air. Sure it costs much-much more to include a part of this design, yet alone a part made of aircraft grade aluminum, but when you set out to design and engineer the best CAI possible, this is an example of the key details and expense you include in your product. - See more at: Why Steeda Cold Air Intakes Blow Away The โ€˜Competitionโ€™ | Steeda Blog

Feel free to contact me at tim@steeda.com for any support with our unit.

You will not be disappointed.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:18 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
Thank you for the support.

Our tunes have been proven to be one of the safest & most reliable tunes in the industry. When you are tuned with Steeda ... you are getting a very safe, powerful & reliable tune. we also offer tunes for life.

Don't take my word for it ... do some searches & see how our tunes stack up to the competition.

Our track record speaks for itself ... we have had 0 engine failures with our tune.

Also, the same tunes we write for you, the consumer, are the same tunes we install on our Serialized Performance Vehicles that are sold at select Ford Dealerships nationwide.

As far as the CAI goes ... just like anything in this world ... there are products priced cheaper. Let's take watches for example ... a Rolex is not the same "product" as other, lesser watches on the market. Yeah, they do the same thing ... but the Rolex's quality & craftsmanship is superior to those lesser brand of watches.

With the Steeda CAI ... you are getting:

- Stainless steel construction of the housing that separates the incoming air from the engine compartment. This extremely durable housing is topped off with a soft/pliable yet tough neoprene synthetic rubber that forms a tight seal against the vehicle hood โ€“ effectively stopping unwanted hot engine compartment air from entering the air box.

- Exclusive aluminum velocity stack component that we developed directly from feedback and tests from our factory sponsored Mustang racing program

- This velocity stack serves multiple purposes โ€“ primarily to ensure a smooth airflow across the Mass Air sensor so that its readings are not compromised, and also to provide a denser flow of fresh incoming air. Sure it costs much-much more to include a part of this design, yet alone a part made of aircraft grade aluminum, but when you set out to design and engineer the best CAI possible, this is an example of the key details and expense you include in your product. - See more at: Why Steeda Cold Air Intakes Blow Away The โ€˜Competitionโ€™ | Steeda Blog

Feel free to contact me at tim@steeda.com for any support with our unit.

You will not be disappointed.

Best Regards,

TJ
Do you leave torque management on or turn it off?
605 RWHP on a safe tune
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:28 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Steeda tunes are known to be better than Bama. Not to mention they designed the intake, they would know better how to tune for it.
I have Steeda tunes as well but again better than Bama at what? What does a Steeda tune do better than a Bama tune?

Old 08-12-2014, 10:32 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I would go with the Steeda CAI and Steeda tunes. You'll be much happier in the end.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:45 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I have Steeda tunes as well but again better than Bama at what? What does a Steeda tune do better than a Bama tune?

It's a safer tune.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:08 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Known to be much better at what? Steeda tune or Steeda CAI?

At making a hot ham and cheese sandwich. COME ON KONA!!! Get with the program lol
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:27 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
At making a hot ham and cheese sandwich. COME ON KONA!!! Get with the program lol
Omg, Ha ha ha. Well, my darn Steeda tune doesn't make me a ham and cheese sandwich so TJ needs to get on that. Lmao.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:38 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

You mean you didnt realize it said "Free Steeda tunes (and ham & cheese sandwiches) for life" when you purchased yours?!

I am also interested in the torque management question that Scott posed.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:39 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's a safer tune.
Wow, I didn't know that Steeda made safer tunes than Bama. I'm here to learn being a newbie at this tuning thing. When you say safer do you mean that Bama sets its tuning commands for unsafe levels? So example would be Bama is setting spark advancement and air fuel ratios too high and unsafe levels????

Maybe Dan or Alex from AM could come on over to this thread and explain why Bama is making lesser safe tunes than Steeda. Or someone else could explain what makes Steeda tunes more safe than Bama in terms of command settings for the tune.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:48 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Have you seen the datalogs posted here from Bama tunes? The timing is set far too advanced to the point that the ECU is only ever pulling timing because its on the verge of knock. idk about you, but i don't want a tune that pushes me to the limits of knock and retards timing all the time. Alls it takes is one bad tank of gas and those little knocks turn into big ones. Look at a Steeda datalog and you'll see the opposite - its constantly advancing timing to produce optimal power without pushing it to the point of knock. In addition to that, look at the track record for blown engines - Steeda tunes have never once caused an issue. Bama can't say the same - I'm sure Bama tunes are safer now than in the past, but the fact that they pushed a customers car to the point of failure completely turns my business away.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:10 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
A response from BAMA would be nice. Lets see them defend their product
2014 GT 5.0 Brembo's and 3.73's. FRPP Shifter, Steeda Intake Bama V2 Tune, Accufab 84.5 TB, Borla S-Type, Lethal Over Axel, JBA X, DSS Shaft, Steeda Panhard, Steeda LCA, Koni Streets, K Springs, GT500 Mounts.
2004 Maxima SE Daily Driver
K2Steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:16 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Save your money on the CAI, and just get quality Tune instead.
kn7671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:25 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Have you seen the datalogs posted here from Bama tunes? The timing is set far too advanced to the point that the ECU is only ever pulling timing because its on the verge of knock. idk about you, but i don't want a tune that pushes me to the limits of knock and retards timing all the time. Alls it takes is one bad tank of gas and those little knocks turn into big ones. Look at a Steeda datalog and you'll see the opposite - its constantly advancing timing to produce optimal power without pushing it to the point of knock. In addition to that, look at the track record for blown engines - Steeda tunes have never once caused an issue. Bama can't say the same - I'm sure Bama tunes are safer now than in the past, but the fact that they pushed a customers car to the point of failure completely turns my business away.
Very interesting. Just curious but are these data logs on current tunes or of the past?

Old 08-12-2014, 12:34 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

There was a datalog posted on here within the past few months. I know a few other members voiced their concerns as well. Along with some iffy dyno sheets. I won't get into a Bama hate-fest, as I've never personally used their tunes or had issues with them. American Muscle is a great company, but i will go elsewhere for my tuning needs.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:36 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There was a datalog posted on here within the past few months. I know a few other members voiced their concerns as well. Along with some iffy dyno sheets. I won't get into a Bama hate-fest, as I've never personally used their tunes or had issues with them. American Muscle is a great company, but i will go elsewhere for my tuning needs.
Thats cool; then certainly don't use bama. Steeda is a great company and great tuners as well. To say Steeda gives a safer tune over Bama, that's certainly debatable. Thousands of bama customers out there that's been running bama tunes for years and engines haven't blown up.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:43 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I would never wish an engine failure upon a Bama user or upon Bama as a company! I have seen zero complaints about Steeda and it's impossible to get any better than zero . I have seen happy Bama customers and angry ones, i just prefer to avoid that possibility! My Steeda tunes may not make the most power, but i will certainly never complain about them or the customer service!
Old 08-12-2014, 01:46 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Sorry for the delay ... & thank you for the great feedback & support.

This is from our lead tuner:

The term "Torque Management" is thrown around way too much lately. The truth is that the entire tune IS torque management.

It used to be that you would simply adjust the AFR and ignition timing. Those days are gone. That is just the beginning of the tuning process now.

There are many parameters in the tune that deal with commanded torque values that we adjust for optimal performance.

It is WAY too complicated to give a list, especially on automatic cars. Some tuners claim that they simply shut off torque management. This is not really possible on a Ford computer.

The basis of Fords drive by wire system is all BASED on torque values. We work WITH this in order to transform the drivability of the car into something you will really enjoy

Hope that helps!

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:04 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I would never wish an engine failure upon a Bama user or upon Bama as a company! I have seen zero complaints about Steeda and it's impossible to get any better than zero . I have seen happy Bama customers and angry ones, i just prefer to avoid that possibility! My Steeda tunes may not make the most power, but i will certainly never complain about them or the customer service!
There has been zero warranty claims and zero #8 cylinder failures on a Steeda tune that's not the same as zero complaints. Now I personally never had any issues with my Steeda tune but then again no complaints or issues with my bama tunes.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:14 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There has been zero warranty claims and zero #8 cylinder failures on a Steeda tune that's not the same as zero complaints. Now I personally never had any issues with my Steeda tune but then again no complaints or issues with my bama tunes.

Well that and Steeda tunes make grilled hot ham and cheese sandwiches

I'm 100% ok with my tune from BAMA as well. I can do without the sandwich... weight watching here lol
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:18 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Looks like we're at a draw.. You may see those ham and cheese sandwiches as a bad thing, but i think the majority would give Steeda the win for that.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:19 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:

And bama has had warranty claims, and engine failures, Steeda has not.

I'd say that definitively says that Steeda makes safer tunes. ..
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:39 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

I bought a steeda intake and tunes for life from them and my only gripe was the gas mileage. The tune pulled hard and had great drivability, however I recently switched to Hypermotive tune from Jason and that thing really changed the entire car. Better mileage and runs harder than the steeda

Made 402 whp with the steeda and tune and off road h. Will be going back to check out the Hypermotive but I know it's more.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
5.0FRDPWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:18 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE=mustangz;2063916]And bama has had warranty claims, and engine failures, Steeda has not.

I'd say that definitively says that Steeda makes safer tunes.

I guess all the thousands of bama customers must not have a issue with less safe tunes. Lol. Bama sure does tune a few stangs out there. Has there been many engines going bad with bama tunes in the past two or three years?

Have any 13-14 models have # 8 cylinder issues occurred with a bama tune?

Old 08-12-2014, 03:23 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I am not sure of that, even then, since it appears they got the issues straightened out, graphs (including ones shown on this forum) have shown they advance timing to dangerous levels, reduce or completely turn off knock sensors, and more... doesn't sound as safe as steeda. Steeda probably has better CS too, haven't heard ANY complaints about steeda, I've heard many about Bama tunes, and CS.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 05:29 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

This thread escalated quickly . Moral of the story, let American muscle sell you parts when they're best priced.. But order the intake /tuner /tunes from Steeda

Old 08-12-2014, 05:36 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
This thread escalated quickly . Moral of the story, let American muscle sell you parts when they're best priced.. But order the intake /tuner /tunes from Steeda

Lol. I was just curious. All good bro.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:39 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

No offense taken! playing Devils advocate is one of my favorite things to do

Old 08-13-2014, 09:18 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
Sorry for the delay ... & thank you for the great feedback & support.

This is from our lead tuner:

The term "Torque Management" is thrown around way too much lately. The truth is that the entire tune IS torque management.

It used to be that you would simply adjust the AFR and ignition timing. Those days are gone. That is just the beginning of the tuning process now.

There are many parameters in the tune that deal with commanded torque values that we adjust for optimal performance.

It is WAY too complicated to give a list, especially on automatic cars. Some tuners claim that they simply shut off torque management. This is not really possible on a Ford computer.

The basis of Fords drive by wire system is all BASED on torque values. We work WITH this in order to transform the drivability of the car into something you will really enjoy

Hope that helps!

Best Regards,

TJ
What I want to know is when I use sticky tires, is it going to bog if I try to launch at a higher RPM than idle trying to save the drivetrain? I have already experienced this and want to know if your tune will do the same or let me launch aggressively.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT