help with cold air intake and sct tuner - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-12-2014, 10:09 AM   #1

Region: Louisiana
Exclamation help with cold air intake and sct tuner

recently bought a Airaid Race Cold Air Intake and a Bama X4/SF4 Power Flash Tuner and installed correctly by directions and loaded the custom street tune and performance tune and it starts and dies everytime no matter what i do called sct and they trouble shot it and gave me another street tune and still same thing cant figure out whats wrong i put my stock air intake back on starts right up please help spent 344 on a paperweight otherwise.

on my 2014 mustang GT
michael121610@g is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2014, 10:12 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Did you swap over the maf and everything?

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2014, 10:13 AM   #3

yes swapped everything over as i was suspose to
Old 08-12-2014, 10:29 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Try starting it with the stock intake and see if it still dies. But don't drive it on the tune with the CAI. This will eliminate any problems/install issues with it.

2015 GT Premium 401A Ingot Silver Automatic Sold

2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Automatic Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:19 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
You're the second person with a 14 GT that's doing this. All from BAMA? I've never had any troubles with my BAMA tunes.

You said you put your stock box back on and its fine. But you didn't say if you returned to stock tune or not. If you put your stock intake back but kept the street tune then its not likely the tune. There's a vacuum leak somewhere most likely.

But if you returned to stock with the stock intake then you need to reinstall the AirAid but put the Venturi tube in or whatever its called but keep the stock tune cuz with the tube you don't need a tune.

You do this to rule out the AirAid as the culprit. Once you can start the car without it dying you will have made sure two things.

1.) AirAid intake is not defective somehow
2.) You dont have a vacuum leak

So then finally take out the tube and reinstall the tune. If it persists then for shizzle you know its the tune and not human or equipment error.

Now you can at your option tell AM you want them to address the issue ASAP whether to retune your car or give you a refund.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:26 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Longest. sentence. ever.
kingstrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:30 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingstrider View Post
Longest. sentence. ever.
Reading. Apparently. A. Lost. Skill?
Old 08-13-2014, 11:20 AM   #8
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael121610@g View Post
recently bought a Airaid Race Cold Air Intake and a Bama X4/SF4 Power Flash Tuner and installed correctly by directions and loaded the custom street tune and performance tune and it starts and dies everytime no matter what i do called sct and they trouble shot it and gave me another street tune and still same thing cant figure out whats wrong i put my stock air intake back on starts right up please help spent 344 on a paperweight otherwise.

on my 2014 mustang GT
Hey Michael,

Sorry to hear about the trouble here! Looks like Dallas beat me to the punch here but if the issues are still persisting please shoot us a call and we'll see if we can trouble shoot the install with you!

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
You're the second person with a 14 GT that's doing this. All from BAMA? I've never had any troubles with my BAMA tunes.

You said you put your stock box back on and its fine. But you didn't say if you returned to stock tune or not. If you put your stock intake back but kept the street tune then its not likely the tune. There's a vacuum leak somewhere most likely.

But if you returned to stock with the stock intake then you need to reinstall the AirAid but put the Venturi tube in or whatever its called but keep the stock tune cuz with the tube you don't need a tune.

You do this to rule out the AirAid as the culprit. Once you can start the car without it dying you will have made sure two things.

So then finally take out the tube and reinstall the tune. If it persists then for shizzle you know its the tune and not human or equipment error.
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:24 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
something is not connected, you need to review your install.
wgolden30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:00 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgolden30 View Post
something is not connected, you need to review your install.
dallas. i did leave the street tune i didnt run right but it did run at least. and you saying put the Venturi tube in but not the rest of the intake? and then later reinstall the entire cold air intake?

Now you can at your option tell AM you want them to address the issue ASAP whether to retune your car or give you a refund.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:32 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Ok. Just ate some blueberries but still have a hangover. And still hungry as hell. Second day of my vacation paradise in Destin, FL.

Ok just answer this after u do it. Install the AirAid CAI with the Venturi tube and return the car to stock tune. What is happening now after that?
Old 08-15-2014, 10:13 AM   #12

ok ill get back on monday doing it monday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
cold air intake