RTR decklid purchased! - Page 20 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-22-2015, 06:53 PM   #666
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK GT View Post
Thanks, I did finally find it on their website and signed up to be notified of when/if it ever comes back in stock.

No problemo bud. Have faith, it will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Be prepared to be let down every few weeks when they send you an email that says "hey! Guess what? We still don't have it and don't know when we will 😑" lol. I have had about 5-6 of these. The first few I got excited thinking it was in. Now I'm over it.
Lol Oxford, keep your head up dood. Both of you will be Lookin like this soon enough!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1427068393.044629.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	178115

Well, maybe not JUST like that, but you get the jist lol. Positivity to the both of you and hold strong! I waited 4 months! Lol



Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-22-2015, 06:58 PM   #667
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
I'm waiting to find one of these also. Since Mikeyt03 didn't take his off b4 he sold his 5.0

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:59 PM   #668
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
I'm waiting to find one of these also. Since Mikeyt03 didn't take his off b4 he sold his 5.0

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Get on that AM waiting list Rap


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-22-2015, 07:29 PM   #669
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
I'm waiting to find one of these also. Since Mikeyt03 didn't take his off b4 he sold his 5.0

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I actually did take it off. When I took it off, the flimsy steel bent like crazy so I just threw it in the trash and put the stock panel back on. I think I had it on for about a week and the damn thing started rusting too.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:31 PM   #670
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
I actually did take it off. When I took it off, the flimsy steel bent like crazy so I just threw it in the trash and put the stock panel back on. I think I had it on for about a week and the damn thing started rusting too.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Lol, hopefully the new ones won't be ****ty quality like alot of the ones you guys got.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:33 PM   #671
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Lol, hopefully the new ones won't be ****ty quality like alot of the ones you guys got.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

It just pisses me off that I paid 230 for that damn thing, and I paid $99 for an oem quality version for my 15.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:35 PM   #672
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
It just pisses me off that I paid 230 for that damn thing, and I paid $99 for an oem quality version for my 15.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
When did you get a 15? Haven't really been paying attention on here lately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:55 PM   #673
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
I actually did take it off. When I took it off, the flimsy steel bent like crazy so I just threw it in the trash and put the stock panel back on. I think I had it on for about a week and the damn thing started rusting too.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

It rusted really? Did you leave it alone or did you have any work to it? Mine is still holding up.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:06 PM   #674
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
When did you get a 15? Haven't really been paying attention on here lately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I got one about a week ago. I still have the gt500, but i might be selling it to a private seller. He offered a bit more than I paid for it, and I might be moving. If I move, it'll have to go for sure.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1427072760.223219.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	178123


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:20 PM   #675
Registered Member
Regular
 
DiESeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Richmond
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
I got one about a week ago. I still have the gt500, but i might be selling it to a private seller. He offered a bit more than I paid for it, and I might be moving. If I move, it'll have to go for sure.Attachment 178123


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Wanna let me drive the gt500 down broad before you get rid of it?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 09:28 PM   #676
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Wanna let me drive the gt500 down broad before you get rid of it?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Lol we will see. If I ever make it up to cars and coffee I'm sure we could work that out.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:20 PM   #677
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Jackson
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 4
Anybody have any new info on this? I heard mention that they are switching from stainless to ABS plastic... It would certainly fix the rusting problems, hopefully the painting problems too. Any clue if this decklid will be returning to market?
wltribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:23 PM   #678
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by wltribble View Post
Anybody have any new info on this? I heard mention that they are switching from stainless to ABS plastic... It would certainly fix the rusting problems, hopefully the painting problems too. Any clue if this decklid will be returning to market?

I've yet to look back into it. I heard from another member that they were changing it to plastic. That would be the best thing they could possibly do. Does AM still have it advertised?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:24 PM   #679
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Jackson
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 4
Yeah they have it on their site but not for sale. I don't know if that's what you mean or not.
wltribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:38 PM   #680
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
RTR said 4-6 months before selling again
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:39 PM   #681
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Jackson
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 4
Awesome. Thanks!
wltribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:19 PM   #682
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
Damn 4-6 months? F that noise lol. I waited 3 and thought that was bad.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:28 PM   #683
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Jackson
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 4
Yeah really screw that... Except I really REALLY want one and will wait
wltribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:35 PM   #684
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by wltribble View Post
Yeah really screw that... Except I really REALLY want one and will wait

Lol I was the same way man...I was determined lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 04:29 AM   #685
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sterlingbeast5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Naples, FL
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,654
They are redesigning and was told 4-6 months possible. Jess is a great help at rtr and on here sometimes so i will let them answer more. You might be able. To pm as well

Sent from my LGLS990 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 09:20 AM   #686
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
RTR decklid purchased!

Interesting. I wonder if they'll be mass produced or if it will be a limited run like usual.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 09:38 PM   #687
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
Ahh the joy of having a 15 and a badgless deck lid already.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 10:06 PM   #688
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stang_u_14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: joliet
Region: Illinois
Posts: 70
Are there any cutting or drilling for the rtr spilliters

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Stang_u_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:21 AM   #689
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang_u_14 View Post
Are there any cutting or drilling for the rtr spilliters

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Probably no cutting, I'm assuming some drilling and some double sided tape


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:23 AM   #690
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stang_u_14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: joliet
Region: Illinois
Posts: 70
Dang i was hoping for all double side tape . Dony want to drill into my car with 17000 miles on it

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Stang_u_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:45 AM   #691
Registered Member
Regular
 
SK GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Tomball
Region: Texas
Posts: 99
I'll grab one when/if they come back up for sale. I hate the faux gas cap.
SK GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:52 AM   #692
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang_u_14 View Post
Dang i was hoping for all double side tape . Dony want to drill into my car with 17000 miles on it

Sent from my SM-N910P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I hacked into mine at 3k lol


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:24 AM   #693
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coyote2820's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Claremore
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 287
#rtrdecklidthreadkeepsonrockin

So what has been on my mind since I heard this new plastic rtr panel rumor is whether or not they would agree to replace the original trash if we send the scrap metal they sent us the first time?

Yeah man 17k is almost half the warranty period? I cut mine around 3k too and it was a great decision because the rtr panel is awesome, besides the inconsistency of their production and product. But if you were referring to the Rtr "splitters" as you stated then I wanted to clear it up for you that they are held on mostly by 3m tape. The rocker panel and rear panel splitters are held up primarily by 3m tape and plastic pushpins. Both the side and rear splitters do require you drill a few holes on the underside of the car in the same pattern and area as the factory push pin filled holes for extra support but they are a fairly simple install with very few permanent adjustments required.

If you were actually referring to the rtr decklid panel... Then yeah, you have to cut the holy hell out of the middle of your trunk and that is a very permanent adjustment.
__________________
2014 5.0 GT Premium - Active Duty
2013 5.0 GT - Retired
2003 GT - Retired
Coyote2820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:43 PM   #694
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote2820 View Post
#rtrdecklidthreadkeepsonrockin

So what has been on my mind since I heard this new plastic rtr panel rumor is whether or not they would agree to replace the original trash if we send the scrap metal they sent us the first time?

Yeah man 17k is almost half the warranty period? I cut mine around 3k too and it was a great decision because the rtr panel is awesome, besides the inconsistency of their production and product. But if you were referring to the Rtr "splitters" as you stated then I wanted to clear it up for you that they are held on mostly by 3m tape. The rocker panel and rear panel splitters are held up primarily by 3m tape and plastic pushpins. Both the side and rear splitters do require you drill a few holes on the underside of the car in the same pattern and area as the factory push pin filled holes for extra support but they are a fairly simple install with very few permanent adjustments required.

If you were actually referring to the rtr decklid panel... Then yeah, you have to cut the holy hell out of the middle of your trunk and that is a very permanent adjustment.

#RTRdecklidthreadneverdiesitjustsleeps


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:54 PM   #695
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
I used tin snips to cut my hump out. It was a lot less stressful than using a hole saw.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 01:04 AM   #696
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
I used tin snips to cut my hump out. It was a lot less stressful than using a hole saw.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

I started to use a hole saw and then went to the snips lol. It was a ton easier


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 03:08 PM   #697
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coyote2820's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Claremore
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 287
If I ever get to replace mine I'll show you the hole I cut with a jigsaw. It looks a lot like a propeller.
__________________
2014 5.0 GT Premium - Active Duty
2013 5.0 GT - Retired
2003 GT - Retired
Coyote2820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 10:06 AM   #698
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coyote2820's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Claremore
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
I started to use a hole saw and then went to the snips lol. It was a ton easier


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

I finally had to take my decklid off to retape it because it was starting to come loose. So here is that picture I promised...
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1438614356.536403.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	188577



Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2014 5.0 GT Premium - Active Duty
2013 5.0 GT - Retired
2003 GT - Retired
Coyote2820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 10:31 AM   #699
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coyote2820's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Claremore
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 287
Yes, this thread will #neverdie because the real struggle is after you receive it for those of us who were 'lucky' enough to purchase one of these cheaply made yet ridiculously expensive and rare RTR decklid panels.

So the double sided tape was wearing off and part of the panel was loose so I figured, well, time to retape this sh*t back on(why is taping expensive parts on a car the best method available in an age that I have limitless capabilities and knowledge in a phone the size of a bar of soap?) so I took it off easily, then peeled off and cleaned all the tape residue. Reapplied some new electric tape around it.
When reapplying the panel to the trunk noticed it must have bent sometime during the process and now the bottom is bent to the point it won't lay down. Any suggestions on how to bend this back in to place? Or maybe suggest where I could take it to fabricate one just like it but with a sturdier material.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1438615868.220556.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	188580
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1438615913.276281.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	188581


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2014 5.0 GT Premium - Active Duty
2013 5.0 GT - Retired
2003 GT - Retired
Coyote2820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 10:35 AM   #700
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
It's alivvvvvvveeeee!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1438616101.558649.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	188582

Mine is holding up well.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just purchased Gt take offs Brent Pictures and Videos 4 07-30-2004 06:55 AM
Purchased a set of Warlock mufflers Brent Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 7 07-09-2004 09:22 PM
Has anyone purchased this??? drmac The Bar 8 02-21-2004 10:40 PM
has anyone purchased parts from extremeeffect.com? zerauj The Bar 4 10-19-2003 05:29 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



05:58 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.