RTR decklid purchased! - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-14-2014, 07:29 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I called AM. They had no time frame to give me as it is all in RTR's hands at the moment Damn you, RTR!
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2014, 07:32 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Good to know mikey. And thats awful. Then why is AM advertising that il they're going to ship early October? Makes no sense...

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:07 PM   #108
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
I'm about to light into AM tomorrow. They need to provide some answers. How the hell could production take this long.

I saw Vaughn on shark tank asking for 400k to fulfill the decklid order.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2014, 09:10 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

They go off of what RTR tells them. I'd contact them if anyone.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:35 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
I'm about to light into AM tomorrow. They need to provide some answers. How the hell could production take this long.

Yeah they need to take that advertisement down if they have no clue as to what is actually going on with the decklids.

Mikey that's some interesting new findings. That probably means it's not even relatively close....

Old 10-14-2014, 09:36 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
They go off of what RTR tells them. I'd contact them if anyone.

I could've sworn someone earlier in the thread said they contacted a female rep and again, had no dates...

Old 10-14-2014, 09:36 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:

What will that do? They can't control RTR. If you're tired of waiting, ask for a refund and be done with it. Come back later when they get their sh*t together.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:39 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
What will that do? They can't control RTR. If you're tired of waiting, ask for a refund and be done with it. Come back later when they get their sh*t together.

Well for starters, it's false advertisement so they need to take that crap down. And I would, but then I probably won't be able to get my hands on one seeing as how this has been such a huge deal for 3+ months. I'll keep my preorder till I'm told it'll never reach my damn hands lol. But I can annoyed in the mean time, and this thread is here to be bumped with any new information. Anybody who contacts anybody helps.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:46 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
Well for starters, it's false advertisement so they need to take that crap down. And I would, but then I probably won't be able to get my hands on one seeing as how this has been such a huge deal for 3+ months. I'll keep my preorder till I'm told it'll never reach my damn hands lol. But I can annoyed in the mean time, and this thread is here to be bumped with any new information. Anybody who contacts anybody helps.

Not necessarily, it clearly says Pre-order and doesn't list a definite date.

I'll relate it to a video game again, because it's an easy comparison.

Pre-order starts before the game's release date is announced. Meaning, you spend your money now and they give you a general date. That date is subject to change due to any number of reasons.

Now, I will agree the lack of information from RTR is crap. However, the dealers and retailers are getting that same lack of information and you can bet they're all putting pressure on RTR to get their crap together. Otherwise the dealer loses money.

2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
Old 10-14-2014, 09:49 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not necessarily, it clearly says Pre-order and doesn't list a definite date.

I'll relate it to a video game again, because it's an easy comparison.

Pre-order starts before the game's release date is announced. Meaning, you spend your money now and they give you a general date. That date is subject to change due to any number of reasons.

Now, I will agree the lack of information from RTR is crap. However, the dealers and retailers are getting that same lack of information and you can bet they're all putting pressure on RTR to get their crap together. Otherwise the dealer loses money.

I get that, but I keep getting dates, and dates, more dates. The day I ordered it, I was told it would be to my door in 21 days. I know how a preorder works, an I know they can be pushed back, just like a video game. But it's getting out of control.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:50 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

And they need to take the early October crap down regardless if it's not a specific date or not, it's a false statement because that time has come and gone...

Old 10-20-2014, 06:05 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone with any updates? Now my contact at BBR isn't responding to me.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:06 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Anyone with any updates? Now my contact at BBR isn't responding to me.

Steve used to be on here,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:11 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Steve used to be on here,

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Yeah I've been speaking with him periodically. I know this isn't on him, but I keep getting dates from him and whatnot. I just wish I had something definitive to go off of. Because if I did, and say I wasn't going to get my damn hands on this thing for say another 6 months because RTR is a bunch of fudge packers, then I'd just cancel my order. I could use the money elsewhere especially with xmas right around the corner. But I'm not a quitter lol, hard to cancel 4 months into this crap.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:13 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

I've tried getting RTR's attention on twitter & facebook as a last resort. Still nothing to report back with. RTR is building a very poor reputation in my book with the way they are handling all this.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:19 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Sucks but it seems like this happens with some smaller companies with 'high demand' parts. I remember when I had my Trans Am I wanted a WS9 hood and they literally kept pushing the date back a few weeks. And I waited 3 months and needed a new hood so just got a WS6 hood. Good thing I didn't wait because it ended up being well over a year that they kept pushing it back a few weeks.

Whats horrible with a part like this is that regardless of how many times RTR says this and doesn't deliver people will still buy it because there are not any comparable parts out there. I'm not blaming them for taking this long but they shouldn't provide a date if they cant deliver.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:21 PM   #122
Road Trip!

I spoke to rtr. They are shipping this week. They are in their warehouse apparently.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:26 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I spoke to rtr. They are shipping this week. They are in their warehouse apparently.

Jesus Christ Mikey Lol, if this is true, an air high 5 is in order. My contact obviously does not know this. This is trying my patience. I have to fill my damn oil tank the cold weather is upon us and I got 200$ just sitting there that could help....wonder how long it'll be before they they get shipped to the vendors....

Old 10-20-2014, 06:27 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Jesus Christ Mikey Lol, if this is true, an air high 5 is in order. My contact obviously does not know this. This is trying my patience. I have to fill my damn oil tank the cold weather is upon us and I got 200$ just sitting there that could help....wonder how long it'll be before they they get shipped to the vendors....

I hate having no money!
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:28 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I hate having no money!

I hear that....

Old 10-20-2014, 06:47 PM   #126
Road Trip!

I take that back. The email says they are shipping a batch out Monday or tuesday. And then 10-20 decklids will go out each day after that until they are caught up. So...it depends on where your vendor is on the list. I've also learned that two vendors have been shipped a batch already. I'm pretty sure some of you will be recieving shipping confirmation this week. I guess rtr has been keeping the vendors up to date with every thing, but the vendors wouldn't disclose anything to the customers.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:52 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I take that back. The email says they are shipping a batch out Monday or tuesday. And then 10-20 decklids will go out each day after that until they are caught up. So...it depends on where your vendor is on the list. I've also learned that two vendors have been shipped a batch already. I'm pretty sure some of you will be recieving shipping confirmation this week. I guess rtr has been keeping the vendors up to date with every thing, but the vendors wouldn't disclose anything to the customers.

No friggin way!!!!! Dude, if that's true...Monday or Tuesday, you mean today and tomorrow, or next week? I chose to order with Blow By Racing because they stated that they would be THEE FIRST vendor to receive them....if the information is out there and not being related...

Old 10-20-2014, 07:00 PM   #128
Road Trip!

That is the information I got from the rtr person. She said a batch will be shipping today or tomorrow. Then 10-20 a day after that.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:03 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

Quick poll. Save for this, FRPP Handling pack, or for the Boss side exhaust?
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:04 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That is the information I got from the rtr person. She said a batch will be shipping today or tomorrow. Then 10-20 a day after that.

Ok. I wonder why that is? Why they'll be syphoning them out like that. I also wonder how many orders were placed...so many questions, not enough answers. Thanks man.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:15 PM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok. I wonder why that is? Why they'll be syphoning them out like that. I also wonder how many orders were placed...so many questions, not enough answers. Thanks man.

Likely because they didn't anticipate the demand and made too few. Or too few have passed quality assurance. The LAST thing they need is crappy quality going out after all this waiting.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:19 PM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

For those who have pre-ordered, when did you pre-order? I pre-ordered mine Sep 25 from AM. Hopefully we all get one in the early batches.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:20 PM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Likely because they didn't anticipate the demand and made too few. Or too few have passed quality assurance. The LAST thing they need is crappy quality going out after all this waiting.

I agree, and assumed the same. I'm not going to be a happy camper if I receive mine, and it's screwed. Honestly though, I'd probably keep it if it was structurally intact, because I plan on having it painted Oxford white. All in all, however many people ordered this blasted thing, I'm sure are just as upset with the lack of information from both vendor and RTR. I'm sure these miscues could've been avoided.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:22 PM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

I feel like a complete ***hole contacting Steve from BBR about it weekly. But I paid for my product, back in July. I want it.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:22 PM   #135
Road Trip!

Oh...and rtr only had 200 pieces made.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:24 PM   #136
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh...and rtr only had 200 pieces made.

Brilliant! Lol I'd like to think, or at least hope, that I was one of the first few to order. BBR had the offer well before stangmods, and obviously AM. But nothing's guaranteed, and it'll be just my luck lol. At that point, the order will be cancelled. F that.

Old 10-20-2014, 09:42 PM   #137
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Quick poll. Save for this, FRPP Handling pack, or for the Boss side exhaust?
Completely off topic, but everyone's first mods should be some suspension work.

The FRPP handling pack is nice. Ie: get it.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:44 PM   #138
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post

My first mods were suspension. BMR and koni.

Old 10-20-2014, 09:47 PM   #139
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post

Yeah, that's what I figured. It's going to take a while for me to save up for it. As I have no job right now, and with college, probably won't until near summer.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:49 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

Just got word from my contact at BBR, that RTR has them, and is slowly shipping them out...now all we need is some tracking info :/

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT