RTR decklid purchased! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-12-2014, 01:21 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
RTR decklid purchased!

Hello boys and girls, just throwing it out there that I just ordered the infamous RTR decklid for the 2013-2014 mustang from blowbyracing.com. They were able to get 33 of them out of a limited production run of 200. Not many left. Get on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2014, 03:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Lucky. I want it, but can't bring myself to cup up the back where the hump is.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:29 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Lucky. I want it, but can't bring myself to cup up the back where the hump is.

Ahhhh it's gunna be easy. 5 or 6" hole saw and some kind of sealant and I should be good. I'm just glad I'm going to be able to get my hands on one. Apparently RTR is only reintroducing 200 of them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2014, 03:37 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Wait, is it a whole decklid body panel or just one of those covers between the tail lights?
Old 08-12-2014, 03:38 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
Ahhhh it's gunna be easy. 5 or 6" hole saw and some kind of sealant and I should be good. I'm just glad I'm going to be able to get my hands on one. Apparently RTR is only reintroducing 200 of them.

Wow. That's crazy. Only 200?
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:42 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
dont see on their site? do you have a link?
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 04:10 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Let's hope that the website I went through and got on an email list to purchase one gets them soon.

Joe
'13 GT Track Pack
JoeM1494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 04:19 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Keep us updated with pictures!

BlueSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 05:27 PM   #9
Road Trip!

They don't have them yet. Rtr has been saying they'll ship in two weeks but they've been saying that since mid july. Blow by racing doesn't have them in stock which is why they can't put it on the website. They also don't have a eta on when they'll get them.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 05:44 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I got on a list through StangMods to get one and they told me sometime end of August they would have them. So wasn't sure if places were receiving them already. Guess it's just a waiting game.

Joe
'13 GT Track Pack
Old 08-12-2014, 06:27 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I spoke with Steve directly at blow buy and I purchased one though them and I got the "2 weeks, 2 weeks, 2 weeks" bit as well, but I made my purchase regardless. He stated that Blow By will be receiving 33 of them and that 18 of them had already been purchased. I'm also on the stangmods list as well. Steve said that it should be to my door in about 3 weeks, but I'm not banking on it with the demand as high as it is. Pics will follow as soon as I get it. And to whomever asked, it's an entire replacement lid and the under side of he trunk has to be cut out to have the lid lay flush.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:59 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Assuming this is what you're talking about? I mean it's cool and all, but nothing I would go crazy over.

Damn sure nothing I would cut into the body for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1093903_10151809679711101_1512211840_o.jpg
Views:	4580
Size:	375.8 KB
ID:	163327  
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:34 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Lol that's your opinion man and you're entitled to it. It's a rare piece that is highly sought after. Hence the negative availability. I personally love the smoothed look, and anyone with a half a brain can accomplish this install. It's not like you're doin bondo work or welding in new sheet metal.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:37 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol that's your opinion man and you're entitled to it. It's a rare piece that is highly sought after. Hence the negative availability. I personally love the smoothed look, and anyone with a half a brain can accomplish this install. It's not like you're doin bondo work or welding in new sheet metal.

I'm not too crazy about the idea of not being able to go back, because shaving that metal off, you won't without custom fab work.
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
Old 08-12-2014, 07:38 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
I'm not too crazy about the idea of not being able to go back, because shaving that metal off, you won't without custom fab work.
That's the only thing keeping me from ordering one, or just finding one.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:44 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Lol no way. A hole saw, and a file will be just fine.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:46 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

RTR decklid purchased!

Mustangz, like I said, blow by has them on order and stangmods had a waiting list. I can't be the only one that's not afraid to tear into their new car can I?

And Joey, why would you wanna go back to the faux gas gap? I'm sure there are a few people who like it, but I personally cannot stand it. If it were real, well then that would be a different story

Old 08-12-2014, 08:00 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Mustangz, like I said, blow by has them on order and stangmods had a waiting list. I can't be the only one that's not afraid to tear into their new car can I?

And Joey, why would you wanna go back to the faux gas gap? I'm sure there are a few people who like it, but I personally cannot stand it. If it were real, well then that would be a different story

Not sure, I'm not bagging on it, it looks good but not something I'd personally take the leap over. I like to retain a bit of retro styling personally.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:04 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

That's cool. I like a lot of products that RTR offers. Just kinda my style. I've been wanting this decklid since I knew it existed so I'm little excited lol.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:10 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Bah, Humbug

Frankly you should want something that removes the gloss that sucks up the dirt that gets all over your rear panel (its not a deck lid) every 5 mins of driving !
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:15 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
Bah, Humbug

Frankly you should want something that removes the gloss that sucks up the dirt that gets all over your rear panel (its not a deck lid) every 5 mins of driving !

I'm so lost lol. And it's referred to a decklid on just about every site that offers it, but thanks

Old 08-12-2014, 09:08 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
That actually looks really cool, I would try to put a mustang emblem in the center a la need for speed style.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
paulflor98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:35 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's cool. I like a lot of products that RTR offers. Just kinda my style. I've been wanting this decklid since I knew it existed so I'm little excited lol.

Oh I agree, I really like the RTR products. I'm going to have the side and rear splitters eventually.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:59 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

I like the RTR panel, but I love the faux gas cap. On the classics (the real gas cap) and on these new Mustangs. It completes the Mustang rear end IMO.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:13 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
I like the RTR panel, but I love the faux gas cap. On the classics (the real gas cap) and on these new Mustangs. It completes the Mustang rear end IMO.

I can definitely see how people would like it. I just don't like the chrome, and I like how the RTR decklid cleans it up.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:24 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Ah I see. I don't mind the little chrome accenting here and there on the fender emblems, gas cap, exhaust tips, etc. I guess its the stock theme and I like it. Some people do the red and black or white and black etc, which isn't a bad look at all.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:34 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
Ah I see. I don't mind the little chrome accenting here and there on the fender emblems, gas cap, exhaust tips, etc. I guess its the stock theme and I like it. Some people do the red and black or white and black etc, which isn't a bad look at all.

Yeah I got the zebra theme going on for sure lol.

I just need some dark wheels next year. Or maybe some crazy high lighter green color, who knows lol.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:00 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulflor98 View Post
That actually looks really cool, I would try to put a mustang emblem in the center a la need for speed style.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
This is exactly what I am doing. I am going to paint matte black and put a shiny black pony in the middle
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:09 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

well i am on stangmod wait list. .tr call list and ordered from slowly racing. should be covered! lol.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

^^^^^^^ hate auto correct

Old 08-13-2014, 08:13 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
well i am on stangmod wait list. .tr call list and ordered from slowly racing. should be covered! lol.

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

^^^^^^^ hate auto correct

Don't understand what you just said hah

Joe
'13 GT Track Pack
Old 08-13-2014, 08:18 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeM1494 View Post
Don't understand what you just said hah

Joe
'13 GT Track Pack
I know, damn phone lol.

I am on the stangmods wait list, RTR is calling me when for sale on their site and I ordered from Blowby Racing. Been wanting this for 6 months to custom out some and complete the rear end look
Old 08-13-2014, 08:25 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I'm on the StangMods list too but they aren't getting back to me so not sure what the deal is. Been really wanting this since I saw it too. Hoping I don't miss out.

Joe
'13 GT Track Pack
Old 08-13-2014, 08:33 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I purchased a matte or flat deck-lid panel. I did this because I wanted the Faux gas cap like 2-Stanz says and don't want the dirt getting sucked up by the static cling that happens on he gloss panel.
MMD Mustang Decklid Panel 757-13006 (13-14 All) - Free Shipping
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:06 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

My big thing is I'm just trying to stay away from anything chrome and get rid of those little bits on the car that already are. That's why the rtr one is ideal. You would think someone by now would have just come out with a plain one that can be preprinted any factory color.

Joe
'13 GT Track Pack
Old 08-13-2014, 10:14 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeM1494 View Post
My big thing is I'm just trying to stay away from anything chrome and get rid of those little bits on the car that already are. That's why the rtr one is ideal. You would think someone by now would have just come out with a plain one that can be preprinted any factory color.

Joe
'13 GT Track Pack

You would think ^

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT