145mph governor - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-14-2014, 10:57 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
145mph governor

Is there any way I can remove it! I'm trying to go 160💪

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
gtlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2014, 10:57 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Tune is the only way. And why are you trying to go 160???
No logical reason I assume.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:58 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Hahahaha. Do you have after market wheels? If so, I'll buy them after you get put in prison! 😂😂😂

BlackFiveOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2014, 11:03 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Yeah, what aftermarket parts do you have?
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:14 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

??? It's not that hard to get up to that kind of speed on many racetracks. When I did a track day a year ago they put me in an e46 M3 and once I got it in 4th gear they don't let you shift (the first time you do the track day) because it would be too much to instruct you on at one time. Even only staying in 4th we got up to a healthy 140mph on the back straight. Now granted I don't know if this guy is on a track or not, an I'm sure it's much more difficult to get up to 160, but if I took my car out to MSRH, I'd be really pissed by the governor at 145 when I couldn't eke out those last 5mph or so.

Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:20 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Just a Typicall kid with a mustang it seems like, Going to end up getting himself or someone else hurt or worse.
Guarantee you, he does not have experience handling a car getting squirrely at 60 mph let alone 160. Plus just bc your needle is showing 160, I promise you aren't doing 160

Old 08-14-2014, 11:51 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
The force required to go 160 is exponentially higher than going 140mph. The velocity is squared in the equation for air resistance. Don't these cars top out at like 165 anyways - aerodynamics wasn't exactly a focal point with the mustang (the reason why a 420hp ferrari will hit 200mph, but a 662hp gt500 can't even). Going to need a runway or plenty of stupidity(plus a death wish) to hit that on a public road.
2013 Mustang GT w/ Track Pack - Steeda Ultralite Springs, Koni Str.t Struts/Shocks, BMR LCA & Relocation Brackets, BMR Adjustable UCA and Bracket, BMR Adjustable Panhard, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft, Bassani x-pipe and catback, MGW shifter, JLT CAI, Steeda Tune
Coyote5o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:08 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtlovin View Post
Is there any way I can remove it! I'm trying to go 160💪

I don't care what they are all saying. I think it's great you have a goal in mind. A quick tune and make sure my name is spelled correctly on the beneficiary line. Make sure that you are on a deserted road. No sense in hurting someone else because your a M-O-R-O-N!

2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:09 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

But yet the car could hit the governor on the only track I've ever driven on. So... There's that. I don't plan on tracking my car and thus I could not care less about the governor, but I could see why some might

Old 08-14-2014, 01:35 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
I hardly ever get on my mustang but, I don't like having a governor. Ive only been 140 in it once and that was very easy. I just don't like having one because its there. I mean, I never really think about it but it does suck, even though I would probably never get close to it. When I was young, I pegged out my 93 z28 on an interstate, it went to 155 and had the slash for 160 and I pegged it and let off. Man, that was stupid, anything can happen at that speed. If a squirrel ran out in front of you, your probably dead, not to mention a tire blow out, the rear end lock up, just plain crazy. If you are planning on doing any speeds like that on the road, take it from me, it doesn't make you any cooler, it actually makes you look like an idiot to anyone that would actually matter.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:28 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green5.0 View Post
I hardly ever get on my mustang but, I don't like having a governor. Ive only been 140 in it once and that was very easy. I just don't like having one because its there. I mean, I never really think about it but it does suck, even though I would probably never get close to it. When I was young, I pegged out my 93 z28 on an interstate, it went to 155 and had the slash for 160 and I pegged it and let off. Man, that was stupid, anything can happen at that speed. If a squirrel ran out in front of you, your probably dead, not to mention a tire blow out, the rear end lock up, just plain crazy. If you are planning on doing any speeds like that on the road, take it from me, it doesn't make you any cooler, it actually makes you look like an idiot to anyone that would actually matter.

+1

It doesn't matter what car you drive, if I'm putting along at 80 mph and you blow by me like a bat of hell, you could be driving a Ferrari for all I care, you're an idiot and everyone hates you for being so dumb. That belongs on the track.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:46 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Governor speed is directly tied to the speed Ford balanced the factory drive shaft to operate at. Go ask a V6 owner what happens when you remove the factory speed limiter and go on a high speed run. I'll tell you, BOOM.
BadCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:44 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

14 GT stock, (only NITTO tires). Racing a 2014 Mazda 6 on I-95, governor kicked in at 150mph. It's very easy to get up to that speed in any road. At the moment I was angry that I couldn't go more than 150mph, 10 min later I was yelling at myself for being such an idiot and going that fast. Nothing is worth more than your life! And btw, I won the race

ILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:47 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLY View Post
14 GT stock, (only NITTO tires). Racing a 2014 Mazda 6 on I-95, governor kicked in at 150mph. It's very easy to get up to that speed in any road. At the moment I was angry that I couldn't go more than 150mph, 10 min later I was yelling at myself for being such an idiot and going that fast. Nothing is worth more than your life! And btw, I won the race

Well you must not know the rule of thumb for the streets of Mexico is a 140 shutdown. 80% of the time.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:57 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Why does everyone race in Mexico? I see that on Instagram all the time. Aren't the speed limits enforced there??

BlackFiveOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:04 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Board rules.... if your going to street race gotta do it in Mexico
utm18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:05 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by utm18 View Post
Board rules.... if your going to street race gotta do it in Mexico
Or canada...
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:08 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I had another Mustang GT want to race me in downtown Fort Worth the other day. He took off like a bat out of hell in construction weaving in and out of close traffic. Scared the crap out of me I was waiting to see a white ball of smoke and a sudden traffic jam.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:22 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Well you must not know the rule of thumb for the streets of Mexico is a 140 shutdown. 80% of the time.
In Canada .. it's 180.

Damn them and their public health care.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:45 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFiveOh View Post
Why does everyone race in Mexico? I see that on Instagram all the time. Aren't the speed limits enforced there??

Everything is better in Mexico....
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:47 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarskringspier View Post
I had another Mustang GT want to race me in downtown Fort Worth the other day. He took off like a bat out of hell in construction weaving in and out of close traffic. Scared the crap out of me I was waiting to see a white ball of smoke and a sudden traffic jam.
Same thing here in the town I live. Dude, I'm not racing you on a main street IN town during rush hour. Screw that
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:50 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
I opened my car up and did 130 in 4th (on a deserted road) and that is probably the fastest I Would ever want to go. Haha.

GunMetalGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT