2013+ 5.0 #8 failure - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-15-2014, 11:31 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
StangFlash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: jacksonville
Region: Florida
Posts: 25
2013+ 5.0 #8 failure

I was wondering if any of you have come across this on the newer 5.0's after they have been tuned. I have 14 5.0 with 3800 miles and was thinking about a tune eventually. Also some mods.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StangFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-15-2014, 12:51 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
BoostedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 245
I tuned my at 1200 miles, and 3,000 miles later I'm still good


2014 Black 5.0 - Steeda CAI, Steeda Tune, Bassani Axle backs
BoostedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
Bama tunes, and the stock tune are the worst things for your motor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-15-2014, 12:55 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
The stock tune is the worst thing for your motor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Damn it I keep telling my parents that, still no luck. I guess if the motor blows before warranty is up, that would convince them, but I think that's the only thing that will...
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:59 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
Just tune it, they will never know. Order a tune/ tuner from VMP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:02 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Damn it I keep telling my parents that, still no luck. I guess if the motor blows before warranty is up, that would convince them, but I think that's the only thing that will...
Once your warranty is halfway up or more that may change things... it is hard for people who are not into modifying cars to imagine losing a warranty on a basically new $35,000 car. When you have worked for decades and pay the bills on it, something like a $400 tuner to take away the safety net on what could be thousands of dollars of damages is hard to comprehend, especially when you are not the one who drives it and you aren't into modifying it. I'm not sure how old you are, I'm guessing 17 or 18 or around there, but with college bills on top of the cost of that GT, voiding your warranty to be a little faster is probably the last thing your parents want to hear. Their mindset is "We got you a $35,000 400+ HP car, be satisfied for a little. You have a lot of years ahead of you. It'll get done eventually.
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:03 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coyote5o's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Nowhere
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Damn it I keep telling my parents that, still no luck. I guess if the motor blows before warranty is up, that would convince them, but I think that's the only thing that will...
Ask forgiveness, not permission
__________________
2013 Mustang GT w/ Track Pack - Steeda Ultralite Springs, Koni Str.t Struts/Shocks, BMR LCA & Relocation Brackets, BMR Adjustable UCA and Bracket, BMR Adjustable Panhard, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft, Bassani x-pipe and catback, MGW shifter, JLT CAI, Steeda Tune
Coyote5o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:10 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
2 Stangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 2,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Just tune it, they will never know. Order a tune/ tuner from VMP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Dad: wow, I don't remember the throttle response being this sensitive.
Son: Yeah dad, I put Advance Trac to sport mode...
__________________
2010 GT Premium - Automatic - Torch Red
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:11 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Once your warranty is halfway up or more that may change things... it is hard for people who are not into modifying cars to imagine losing a warranty on a basically new $35,000 car. When you have worked for decades and pay the bills on it, something like a $400 tuner to take away the safety net on what could be thousands of dollars of damages is hard to comprehend, especially when you are not the one who drives it and you aren't into modifying it. I'm not sure how old you are, I'm guessing 17 or 18 or around there, but with college bills on top of the cost of that GT, voiding your warranty to be a little faster is probably the last thing your parents want to hear. Their mindset is "We got you a $35,000 400+ HP car, be satisfied for a little. You have a lot of years ahead of you. It'll get done eventually.
Yeah. I do definitely understand, and heck, I probably wouldn't be bugging them about that if it wasn't for y'all!

Suspension on the other hand, that's a 3 year warranty, so if I had the money, I will be lowering it an inch.

Oh, and buying Brembo Brakes, gonna see if I can find ones off a Track Pack, or the Boss. If not, I'll order the OEM kit. I've only found a similar one on Vorshlag. It is the OEM Brembo's, with upgraded brake pads and rotors.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:14 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
Dad: wow, I don't remember the throttle response being this sensitive.
Son: Yeah dad, I put Advance Trac to sport mode...
Haha! He's only rode in it once. I'm the only one that's driven it Advance Trac lives on Sport Mode.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:22 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Yeah. I do definitely understand, and heck, I probably wouldn't be bugging them about that if it wasn't for y'all!

Suspension on the other hand, that's a 3 year warranty, so if I had the money, I will be lowering it an inch.

Oh, and buying Brembo Brakes, gonna see if I can find ones off a Track Pack, or the Boss. If not, I'll order the OEM kit. I've only found a similar one on Vorshlag. It is the OEM Brembo's, with upgraded brake pads and rotors.
My suspension warranty is up in 2 or 3 months, I will be picking up lowering springs, adj. panhard bar, and camber bolts tomorrow! Excited to get rid of the horrible wheel gap.

And trust me, I totally understand where you are coming from. I am only 21 myself, and my parents bought me my car as well. I only got into modding it about 5 months ago and I have already done so much. My dad did not want me tuning it either, for the exact warranty reason, but I figured I had 25k miles on it, if something was going to go it would have gone by now, told him I had gotten a great deal on a tuner and had ordered it. He was still pretty against it, but he took the car to go golfing during the next few days and came back and hasn't said anything since LOL! Just said, wow, that's definitely not stock anymore, that thing is fast. Has not said one thing to me about a warranty since, and he will be going to the AM show tomorrow with me. He used to love cars, had a beautiful z28 and then a foxbody when he was younger, then got a 2005 GTO with a corvette engine in it, but my mom drowned it 4 years ago...... My mother and I will be splitting the cost of a corvette for him in a year or two, he's had health troubles lately and it's what he has always wanted. Can't wait to see the look on his face! After that I will be procharging/turboing my 3.7 or going up to a GT and throwing a SC in it. Just get the tuner and don't tell anyone, turn it back to stock if you ever go in tot he dealer, no1 will ever know!
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:28 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
KARgt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 720
Trying to convince people that the stock tune is bad for the stock motor probably isn't an easy sell.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:30 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
I may end up doing that. If I do, I'd order a Steeda tune though, never had an issue, and they work with Ford if an issue ever does come up and they blame a tune.

What I really want would obliterate my warranty.
Cobra Jet Intake manifold, the Super cobra jet monoblade throttle body, FRPP CAI, cams, and headers... all that will be years from now... except for the headers, and maybe tune.

For suspension I've been thinking for the FRPP P springs, or Steeda Sport springs, PH bar, and not sure what else I'd need.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:32 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by KARgt13 View Post
Trying to convince people that the stock tune is bad for the stock motor probably isn't an easy sell.
Nope. Even if it's true.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:36 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I may end up doing that. If I do, I'd order a Steeda tune though, never had an issue, and they work with Ford if an issue ever does come up and they blame a tune.

What I really want would obliterate my warranty.
Cobra Jet Intake manifold, the Super cobra jet monoblade throttle body, FRPP CAI, cams, and headers... all that will be years from now... except for the headers, and maybe tune.

For suspension I've been thinking for the FRPP P springs, or Steeda Sport springs, PH bar, and not sure what else I'd need.
Not sure about the GTs, so don't quote me on this, but for anything more than a 1.5' drop you should do caster camber plates. I'm sure you could get away with out them as others have, but idk I don't like risking my suspension. I'm going with the SR lowering springs, BMR adj. panhard bar, and Eibach camber bolts
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:40 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Yeah. I'm going with a 1 inch or 1.25 inch drop. So would I just need the springs and PH bar, and obviously, an alignment.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:44 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Yeah. I'm going with a 1 inch or 1.25 inch drop. So would I just need the springs and PH bar, and obviously, an alignment.
Correct. Springs, adj. panhard bar, and I would get the Eibach camber bolts just to make the alignment easier on your front end. For $30 why not.
Eibach Mustang Pro-Alignment Camber Adjustment Bolts 5.81260K (05-14 All) - Free Shipping
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:45 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Dang, only 30 bucks! Yeah, I'll get them.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:54 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coyote5o's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Nowhere
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 163
It's a lot easier to void the warranty on something you didn't pay for. Just like its easy for me to tell you to get a tune - not my money, not my loss . As a kid, you think about these things a lot more when its your own money at risk which is why my parents never bought me a car. With that said, I'm only 24 and I've done just about everything short of forced induction.. but its my name on the loan and my money if something breaks.
__________________
2013 Mustang GT w/ Track Pack - Steeda Ultralite Springs, Koni Str.t Struts/Shocks, BMR LCA & Relocation Brackets, BMR Adjustable UCA and Bracket, BMR Adjustable Panhard, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft, Bassani x-pipe and catback, MGW shifter, JLT CAI, Steeda Tune
Coyote5o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:43 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Not sure about the GTs, so don't quote me on this, but for anything more than a 1.5' drop you should do caster camber plates. I'm sure you could get away with out them as others have, but idk I don't like risking my suspension. I'm going with the SR lowering springs, BMR adj. panhard bar, and Eibach camber bolts
I pretty much have that same set up but I have koni struts/shocks all around. Might wanna think about picking some up. Also maybe some GT500 strut mounts. A lot more beefier than the stock GT units



Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:25 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote5o View Post
It's a lot easier to void the warranty on something you didn't pay for. Just like its easy for me to tell you to get a tune - not my money, not my loss . As a kid, you think about these things a lot more when its your own money at risk which is why my parents never bought me a car. With that said, I'm only 24 and I've done just about everything short of forced induction.. but its my name on the loan and my money if something breaks.
Oh, I'd be paying for repairs once I get a job. If I broke something and my warranty was voided, instead of expiring. They would pay for it now, but I'd be paying them back once I get a job.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:51 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coyote5o's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Nowhere
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Oh, I'd be paying for repairs once I get a job. If I broke something and my warranty was voided, instead of expiring. They would pay for it now, but I'd be paying them back once I get a job.
As it should be! Though I doubt a tune would cause any problems. The likelihood is very minimal

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2013 Mustang GT w/ Track Pack - Steeda Ultralite Springs, Koni Str.t Struts/Shocks, BMR LCA & Relocation Brackets, BMR Adjustable UCA and Bracket, BMR Adjustable Panhard, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft, Bassani x-pipe and catback, MGW shifter, JLT CAI, Steeda Tune
Coyote5o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:59 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Paradone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Lynchburg
Region: Virginia
Posts: 141
I had the Track Key done on mine and love it, granted you will not set the world on fire but your Dad would be more than happy with the difference you can definitely feel it I the seat and response and the lopey idle.
Paradone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:04 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
I


I pretty much have that same set up but I have koni struts/shocks all around. Might wanna think about picking some up. Also maybe some GT500 strut mounts. A lot more beefier than the stock GT units



Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I wish, it's just not in the budget right now =/ tuition bill was just payed, picking up a lowering kit, Borla s-types, headers, Roush valance, and a few other things tomorrow, plus I need to get new tires and I'm putting the GT brakes on my car when I lower it. I will do shocks and struts when I do upper and lower LCA's and rear stb with the steeda trunk brace, maybe even bag it eventually
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:57 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote5o View Post
As it should be! Though I doubt a tune would cause any problems. The likelihood is very minimal

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I agree. It should be like that. But since it's that way, I think I should be able to do some mods. I do basically have my parents OK to lower the car, just don't have the money right now.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:02 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Just tune it, they will never know. Order a tune/ tuner from VMP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Unless he needs warranty service for something for the powertrain like transmission and gets denied lol. Then his *** will be grounded lol.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:03 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I agree. It should be like that. But since it's that way, I think I should be able to do some mods. I do basically have my parents OK to lower the car, just don't have the money right now.


Only $300 for SR lowering springs, adj. pan hard bar, and eibach camber bolts. You can install yourself
Tuner is $400


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:08 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Only 200 for FRPP springs, 250 for the FRPP panhard bar.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:09 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Only 200 for FRPP springs, 250 for the FRPP panhard bar.

That's crazy expensive for the pan hard bar. I'm getting a BMR adjustable one for $145, BMR is amazing quality


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:09 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coyote5o's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Nowhere
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 163
I have no experience and know anything about SR... But don't cheap out on a $35k car. There's the cheap /easy way to do things, and then there's the right way to do things.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2013 Mustang GT w/ Track Pack - Steeda Ultralite Springs, Koni Str.t Struts/Shocks, BMR LCA & Relocation Brackets, BMR Adjustable UCA and Bracket, BMR Adjustable Panhard, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft, Bassani x-pipe and catback, MGW shifter, JLT CAI, Steeda Tune
Coyote5o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:12 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote5o View Post
I have no experience and know anything about SR... But don't cheap out on a $35k car. There's the cheap /easy way to do things, and then there's the right way to do things.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Yeah, for suspension, I'm getting all the FRPP and steeda parts I can.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:24 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote5o View Post
I have no experience and know anything about SR... But don't cheap out on a $35k car. There's the cheap /easy way to do things, and then there's the right way to do things.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

The SR performance springs are great! Been highly recommended by a lot of people who's opinions I trust. Anything more than a 1.5 inch drop I would go with Eibachs.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:32 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coyote5o's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Nowhere
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 163
Steeda and bmr are the two companies I'd stick with for suspension. For shocks/struts koni.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2013 Mustang GT w/ Track Pack - Steeda Ultralite Springs, Koni Str.t Struts/Shocks, BMR LCA & Relocation Brackets, BMR Adjustable UCA and Bracket, BMR Adjustable Panhard, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft, Bassani x-pipe and catback, MGW shifter, JLT CAI, Steeda Tune
Coyote5o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:54 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
scott_0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 774
lol is the title wrong for this thread? I'm confused.......

sent from HTC M8 using tapatalk
__________________
2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
scott_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:11 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coyote5o's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Nowhere
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 163
Things changed quickly . Suddenly became a tune vs suspension thread

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2013 Mustang GT w/ Track Pack - Steeda Ultralite Springs, Koni Str.t Struts/Shocks, BMR LCA & Relocation Brackets, BMR Adjustable UCA and Bracket, BMR Adjustable Panhard, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft, Bassani x-pipe and catback, MGW shifter, JLT CAI, Steeda Tune
Coyote5o is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CPU Failure Cryptic Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 7 11-28-2009 01:44 AM
Rear Passenger power window motor failure drnelsen 1996-2004 Mustang GT 5 06-26-2009 09:08 PM
2nd Epic Failure of the week! SaleenFiend The Bar 13 05-29-2009 01:47 AM
I was wrong about the war on drugs: It's a Failure Brent The Bar 7 06-11-2008 12:29 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



09:15 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.