14 GT vs C6 Vette - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-17-2014, 03:50 PM   #1

Region: Arizona
14 GT vs C6 Vette

Hey guys new to the site. Thought I would post my upgrades and input on some of the frequently asked questions, and also ask a couple of my own. First off, I bought my 14 GT premium this April certified used, with 3k miles on it. Deep impact blue, 6MT. Original owner was an old guy so it was barely broken in. I am 23 and recently moved to Phoenix. Love it because I can drive it all year round! I am from Wisconsin so this is new to me, haha. My roommate has an 08 C6 vette, 6MT with the 6.2. We ran them stock vs stock (both were straight piped axle back). We ran nose to nose up to about 100 (when i shift from 3rd to 4th) then he would start to walk on me. ( which really surprised both of us!) Anyway, The car already had an axle back exhaust when I bought it. I have yet to figure out what kind of tips are on it, I can tell it has basically just been straight piped but I'm sure he bought the tips from somewhere. But It sounds mean!

I put SR 1.5" lowering springs in it, strut tower bar, roush air intake, and Bama Tune, and I Vinyl wrapped the top matte black and two hood stripes to match. First off, the suspension upgrade is a must ! Makes an unbelievable difference in not only handling, but launches, braking, and all around looks. And it still rides great. intake and i run the 91 performance tune and i still get great mpg ( for a v8) and it made a big difference in the low end torque.

My roommate ordered a tuner and intake for his vette and we ran them a few times again. I now pull on him consistently by a car length up to about 110-120 then he starts to walk again since he is lighter and more aero dynamic. Before you ask too many specifics, we did swap a couple times just to check if it was the drivers. But even with me in his vette, he still pulled ahead in my gt. So just to give you guys an idea of how the new gt stands up with the vettes! The little 5.0 holds its own.

I plan to order in the next week new wheels from american muscle. I have finally decided im going with bullit style, 18", staggered- 10"and 9¨ matte black with the chrome lip. I Also am planning to get spacers, I am leaning toward 1" but has anyone done this? I think it would look mean with a wide stance with the spacers and a 295 or 305 on the back. Any suggestions? I also will be selling my stock wheels so if anyone is interested, I have them Plasti Dipped Black now. They are 18" x 8". Have 10K miles on them.
cook22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2014, 03:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:16 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by cook22 View Post
Hey guys new to the site. Thought I would post my upgrades and input on some of the frequently asked questions, and also ask a couple of my own. First off, I bought my 14 GT premium this April certified used, with 3k miles on it. Deep impact blue, 6MT. Original owner was an old guy so it was barely broken in. I am 23 and recently moved to Phoenix. Love it because I can drive it all year round! I am from Wisconsin so this is new to me, haha. My roommate has an 08 C6 vette, 6MT with the 6.2. We ran them stock vs stock (both were straight piped axle back). We ran nose to nose up to about 100 (when i shift from 3rd to 4th) then he would start to walk on me. ( which really surprised both of us!) Anyway, The car already had an axle back exhaust when I bought it. I have yet to figure out what kind of tips are on it, I can tell it has basically just been straight piped but I'm sure he bought the tips from somewhere. But It sounds mean!

I put SR 1.5" lowering springs in it, strut tower bar, roush air intake, and Bama Tune, and I Vinyl wrapped the top matte black and two hood stripes to match. First off, the suspension upgrade is a must ! Makes an unbelievable difference in not only handling, but launches, braking, and all around looks. And it still rides great. intake and i run the 91 performance tune and i still get great mpg ( for a v8) and it made a big difference in the low end torque.

My roommate ordered a tuner and intake for his vette and we ran them a few times again. I now pull on him consistently by a car length up to about 110-120 then he starts to walk again since he is lighter and more aero dynamic. Before you ask too many specifics, we did swap a couple times just to check if it was the drivers. But even with me in his vette, he still pulled ahead in my gt. So just to give you guys an idea of how the new gt stands up with the vettes! The little 5.0 holds its own.

I plan to order in the next week new wheels from american muscle. I have finally decided im going with bullit style, 18", staggered- 10"and 9¨ matte black with the chrome lip. I Also am planning to get spacers, I am leaning toward 1" but has anyone done this? I think it would look mean with a wide stance with the spacers and a 295 or 305 on the back. Any suggestions? I also will be selling my stock wheels so if anyone is interested, I have them Plasti Dipped Black now. They are 18" x 8". Have 10K miles on them.
Lol "an old guy who barely broke the car in" but had axle backs and ran catless straightpipes...

If he ran straight pipe and there's no CEL then he's got it tuned.

If he's got it tuned he ran it at least some.

Makes me think of a scenario where the girl promises her new boyfriend she's never had sex still a virgin... She only just gave and received head every other day.

Sorry, but nice run with the C6 nonetheless. Grats on the new Stang.

Post some pic when you get your rims.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2014, 10:41 AM   #4

Yeah haha I basically meant with only 3k miles on it, it didn't have much time for a break in or to get beat on much. I love the girlfriend analogy haha. I talked to the guy, he basically drove it from az to Wisconsin and back and traded it in... But it wasn't tuned, unless he did it at the dealer. It runs much better with the bama tune. Either way I love my choice, glad I didn't go with the ss or 370z! I'll post some pics soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 08-18-2014, 11:54 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Pretty sure I wouldn't race a vette comparing apples to oranges

Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:39 PM   #6

It honestly is. That's what's great. We can switch cars and they are both so much fun to drive and yet so different, but still are almost identical power wise... Although I am a bit jealous of his removable hard top

Old 08-20-2014, 10:03 PM   #7

Just an update.. I ended up ordering from late model restoration. Found the KMC 685 wheels. 20x10.5 and 9's on the front with nittos. Decent price and exactly the style I was looking for. I'll post some pics when they come in.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT