Looking to get first Mustang. What do you think? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-17-2014, 10:22 PM   #1

Region: Texas
Looking to get first Mustang. What do you think?

So guys, looking to get my first Mustang and found one that really catches my eye and want to see what you guys think!
2013 Ford Mustang GT, $25,500 - Cars.com

I cannot find any information on the "Performance Package" this one is said to have.

Also, if you look at the carfax there is some stuff I am a bit nervous about:
Maintenance inspection completed
Emissions inspection completed
Transmission mount(s) replaced
Washed/detailed

Maintenance inspection completed
Brakes checked
Engine/powertrain computer/module checked
Battery/charging system checked
Heated oxygen sensor replaced
Tire condition and pressure checked

Any input on this?

Let me know guys!
Looking forward to becoming a member of this community!
Jake25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2014, 10:35 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Eh I think the price could be better due to the miles. But it is a nice looking car.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles76 View Post
Eh I think the price could be better due to the miles. But it is a nice looking car.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
What do you think the price should be for the amount of miles? Do you think that there are to many miles on this car?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2014, 11:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Good idea to buy a 2013 and let someone else take the big 1st year depreciation hit. Thats a LOT of miles on a 2013. It may have been a rental..I would verify the previous owner before buying honestly.

Never heard of a transmission mount being replaced on a newish car....could be something as simple as going over a dip at high speed.

As a comparison, I bought my 2013 GT for $28000 with 14k miles on it. Your factory warantee is pretty much gone, but maybe that doesnt matter. If you dont plan of modding, would highly suggest an extended warantee on this one. If you DO mod, skip the warantee and just get a tune to start with. Dont make the mistake I made and do a bunch of usless under the hood mods past a tune.

good luck!
WileECoyoteGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WileECoyoteGT View Post
Good idea to buy a 2013 and let someone else take the big 1st year depreciation hit. Thats a LOT of miles on a 2013. It may have been a rental..I would verify the previous owner before buying honrdtly.

Never heard of a trnsmission mount being replaced on a newish car....could be something as simple as going over a dip at high speed.

As a comparison, I bought my 2013 GT for $28000 with 14k miles on it. Your factory warantee is pretty much gone, but maybe that doesnt matter. If you dont plan of modding, would highly suggest an extended warantee on this one. If you DO mod, skip the warantee and just get a tune to start with. Dont make the mistake I made and do a bunch of usless under the hood mods past a tune.

good luck!
Buying a new one is out of the question. Can't get over how much they depreciate driving it off the lot! Never thought about it maybe being a rental. But usually rentals are just bone stock and this one appears to have the "Performance Package" which includes upgraded rims and exhaust.

Perhaps I should one with lower miles and cheaper and put the rims/tires/exhaust on it myself?

Also, trying to figure out if I want manual or Auto. Never driven a manual in my life, but have heard it is a whole different experience.

Appreciate your input!
Old 08-17-2014, 11:28 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

36,000 is close to 3 yrs of miles so I would say it's about 12000 miles more than "average". You would only have the power train warranty
Left BUT some dealers cover certified preowned cars for 100k so check. I wouldn't pay over 25k for that vehicle.

I got a great deal on my brand new 14 due to all of the rebates and x plan. It can be better to buy new sometimes since the dealer doesn't want to lose money on their used vehicles. The rebates and incentives can make a new car less expensive then a preowned vehicle and you will have full warranty and only owner!

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Old 08-17-2014, 11:31 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I paid roughly 27k for my car which is only $2000.00 more than what the car you posted is listed for. I think 2k is worth it with it being brand new w/ warranty and only owner. Keep in mind they want to get the 14's off the lots to make room for the 2015's.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Old 08-18-2014, 02:22 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

They are asking way too much. My friend just paid 25k for a brand new 2014 gt Stick base model. With the 15s rolling out go up to ur local ford dealer and see if they can make you a deal! Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Bama Performance Tune
Raxiom LED licence plate bulbs
Black GT500 style spoiler
Will2329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:07 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake25 View Post
Buying a new one is out of the question. Can't get over how much they depreciate driving it off the lot! Never thought about it maybe being a rental. But usually rentals are just bone stock and this one appears to have the "Performance Package" which includes upgraded rims and exhaust.

Perhaps I should one with lower miles and cheaper and put the rims/tires/exhaust on it myself?

Also, trying to figure out if I want manual or Auto. Never driven a manual in my life, but have heard it is a whole different experience.

Appreciate your input!
People are getting leftover cars for $8000-$9000 off sticker all day long and there is 0% financing for 72 months. The price of that car is about what I paid before financing new back in September.
605 RWHP on a safe tune
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:39 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I just paid $33k for a brand new GT Premium with track pack and Recaros. So I'm gonna say their price a pretty darn high.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:12 AM   #11
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Buying a new one is out of the question. Can't get over how much they depreciate driving it off the lot!

Right now 2014s can be found new at larger dealers with as much as $8,000 off sticker in order to make room for the 2015s next month. Search the internet and make some calls. A road trip would be worth the savings and the peace of mind of a "new" car.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:11 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac3 View Post
Right now 2014s can be found new at larger dealers with as much as $8,000 off sticker in order to make room for the 2015s next month. Search the internet and make some calls. A road trip would be worth the savings and the peace of mind of a "new" car.

Mine was almost exactly $8k off sticker. Also it was the only GT Premium with track pack and Recaros left in the country that wasn't a shade of gray (in other words, of all the cars out there, it was rare and desirable) and I still got a screamin good deal on it.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:44 PM   #13

Any idea on how to get 8K off! I am starting to email dealers from all over the place to see what they can do! I don't like the feeling I get from that Blue. Salesman said it might have been a leaser. Also, what is you guys input on the V6 premium?
Old 08-18-2014, 06:53 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Any idea on how to get 8K off! I am starting to email dealers from all over the place to see what they can do! I don't like the feeling I get from that Blue. Salesman said it might have been a leaser. Also, what is you guys input on the V6 premium?
Here is exactly what I did:

Found the car I wanted at a local dealership
Applied for my loan based on the price of the car, TTL, and my trade-in value
Got pre-approved
Called the dealer, asked if they still had the car, told them to have it ready because I was pre-approved for the loan and I wanted to check it out
Got to the dealer, car was waiting, took it for a spin, everything was good
Sat down with the salesman, let him make me an offer, told him it was terrible (it wasn't that bad)
Told him I knew the price of their car was good but I was concerned with my trade-in value
Asked for $2,500 more trade-in based on "shopping my trade" at other dealers
He comes back and says he can do $2,000 more for my Charger
Signed the papers

And that's how I got a $41k car for $33k (and at least fair market value for my trade-in). It was easy. And it was (as far as my research shows) a desirable car. It was desirable enough that they refused to transfer it to my dealer of choice--they knew they'd sell it easily if they held on to it.

And by no means am I an expert. I'm 23 and this is my first time purchasing a car. That's just what I did and it seems to have worked well. My friend at another dealership told me he would only have been able to charge me about $300 less and still make a couple hundred on the sale.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:49 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post
Here is exactly what I did:

Found the car I wanted at a local dealership
Applied for my loan based on the price of the car, TTL, and my trade-in value
Got pre-approved
Called the dealer, asked if they still had the car, told them to have it ready because I was pre-approved for the loan and I wanted to check it out
Got to the dealer, car was waiting, took it for a spin, everything was good
Sat down with the salesman, let him make me an offer, told him it was terrible (it wasn't that bad)
Told him I knew the price of their car was good but I was concerned with my trade-in value
Asked for $2,500 more trade-in based on "shopping my trade" at other dealers
He comes back and says he can do $2,000 more for my Charger
Signed the papers

And that's how I got a $41k car for $33k (and at least fair market value for my trade-in). It was easy. And it was (as far as my research shows) a desirable car. It was desirable enough that they refused to transfer it to my dealer of choice--they knew they'd sell it easily if they held on to it.

And by no means am I an expert. I'm 23 and this is my first time purchasing a car. That's just what I did and it seems to have worked well. My friend at another dealership told me he would only have been able to charge me about $300 less and still make a couple hundred on the sale.

Regardless of how you got it...you have a kick a$$ car! Nothing against the V6 guys (I owned a 2014 V6 for about 4 months) but if you have the means, I HIGHLY suggest a GT. With end of year, there's always deals like the above. Dont get me wrong, 300HP will still smoke most cars on the road. If you DO buy a V6 and will mod, 2 things are all you'll need.. steeper gears and a tune. Night and day in performance.

I thought 300HP was plenty, especially having driven Altimas for 5 years prior. 4 months later, it just wasnt enough. After a miraculous almost break even on the V6 trade in (lost $1500), now have a base 420HP from which to improve. If you plan to moderately mod or go F/I, then buy a GT...trust me! Im looking at 600HP with insane torque by next month with the S/C install.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:17 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

It should sell for no more than $23.5k out the door for a 24k mile GT. Track Pack but no Recaro seats makes it a worse price.

Two owners and over 36k miles. So I would knock down about another $75-100 off per 1000 miles past 24k which brings it closer to say $22.5k out the door.

The mentality you should have is if they don't take your offer then goto another dealer or just wait till someone does.

Definitely not worth $25k asking price
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:30 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

You should check out new as well. With the 15 coming they have dropped allot. Most people (like me) need a loan so it is also important to note that used car loans are a significant reduction in APR that used usually
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:41 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
You should check out new as well. With the 15 coming they have dropped allot. Most people (like me) need a loan so it is also important to note that used car loans are a significant reduction in APR that used usually

This is something people often forget about. Assuming you meant to type that new cars have lower interest rates associated with them than used. You could very well end up getting bent over the barrel in terms of interest on a used car, but even with virtually no credit history (opened my first line of credit 3 months ago) I was able to get 1.99% APR on a 60 month loan. They wanted to charge me somewhere around 9% for a used car.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:55 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Here is one for you:

Gateway Classic Cars - classic cars for sale, muscle cars for sale, street rods, hot rods, mopars, antique cars, vintage cars
Paradone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:12 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Check out my car for sale...

Custom Roush Stage 3 Mustang
Aluminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:35 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Just found this one close to you, I am betting you could get it cheaper:

New 2014 Ford Mustang For Sale in Irving - Las Colinas TX E5309362 | Irving - Las Colinas New Ford For Sale 1ZVBP8CF7E5309362
605 RWHP on a safe tune
scott9050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:38 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
FYI - here's the sticker for that car new
http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webvie...BP8CF6D5231803

Assuming 2-4k off list price, plus the 4k in incentives being offered on 2014's, that car brand new should cost you around $25.5k. And that is with ZERO miles - brand new. So that 2013 with 36k miles is definitely not worth it. If you have the money, run (don't walk) to your nearest dealer and grab a new car while their still available.
skramblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:56 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluminator View Post
Check out my car for sale...

Custom Roush Stage 3 Mustang
So how did the Roush stage 3 kit work for you...any issues? Curious, when they did the stage 3, did you need to update any cooling parts?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT