Disappointed in American muscle - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-18-2014, 07:44 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustanggt2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Tx
Region: Texas
Posts: 111
Disappointed in American muscle

I have returned my LCA's do to the bushing coming apart inside which made my car violently swerve to the left and took them 2 weeks to respond to my email and then shipped them back and never got a response that they received them for a week after ups said they were delivered. Now AM says they have until the 28th to get back to me. This is a croc of sh$$. Not to mention the emails I did get back were rude as if I was botching him. Sorry for the rant.


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
mustanggt2013 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-18-2014, 07:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,260
What Lca's were they.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 07:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
clflorida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Barling
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 646
Here come the AM fanboys. "Give them another shot, theyre the greatest, it was just once, youre acting like it happens all the time, theyve always been great when I bought from them."
clflorida is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-18-2014, 07:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustanggt2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Tx
Region: Texas
Posts: 111
Yes they always been great for me too. But this is the second time I've had problems with them. First time it was with a set of wheels and tires that were bad that I had to pay for to prove to them they were bad. They were SR lca.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
mustanggt2013 is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 07:55 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
clflorida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Barling
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 646
I think I remember that thread. Was that the one where they kept saying it was your fault because AM wheels arent the best and you shouldve known better?
clflorida is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 08:07 PM   #6
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
I bought rims from them and they came all chewed up. They had to replace two of them. It was a huge hassle for me to have to get the rims mounted and balanced again ect...

AM did fix the situation, but they only did what they had to, to fix the situation. Nothing to keep my future business. AM has changed.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Mikeyt03 is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 08:49 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustanggt2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Tx
Region: Texas
Posts: 111
All mine came bent. None of them were round. And they were leaking air. Took them to a tire shop and they told me they cohkdent balance them do to them not being round and being bent

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Don't know what thread ur talking about ?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
mustanggt2013 is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 08:55 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
I bought rims from them and they came all chewed up. They had to replace two of them. It was a huge hassle for me to have to get the rims mounted and balanced again ect...

AM did fix the situation, but they only did what they had to, to fix the situation. Nothing to keep my future business. AM has changed.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Yeah, I had issues with my wheels when they came in, and they did fix it. I actually talked with AMshanelesky, when he was still working there, and then I had issues with the shipping of the replacement caps, and adapter key. They try, but if I have another issue with a big order, I'll probably take my business elsewhere.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 09:06 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustanggt2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Tx
Region: Texas
Posts: 111
Agreed!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
mustanggt2013 is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 09:20 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
Did you grease the bushings periodically? How many miles are on the bushings?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 09:22 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustanggt2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Tx
Region: Texas
Posts: 111
Yes I greased them and I had about 50 miles on them from install.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

They were still brand new

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
mustanggt2013 is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 09:26 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanggt2013 View Post
Yes I greased them and I had about 50 miles on them from install.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

They were still brand new

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Damn sounds like a defective bushing. I've had mine on for about 2k with continuous greasing with no issue. What are you using for grease? You could be using something that's deteriorating the polyurethane and making it crack. I'm guessing it's just defective though....


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 09:53 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,260
Well you get what you pay for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 10:02 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Well you get what you pay for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
What's the difference between these 2 LCA'S? Both made by Ford Racing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1408417330336.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	163841   Click image for larger version

Name:	1408417338398.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	163842  

__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 10:05 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
What's the difference between these 2 LCA'S? Both made by Ford Racing.

Bushings


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 10:09 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
Bushings


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Are the bushings really worth that much of a price jump?
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 10:11 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
The poly is more streetable. The spherical rod ends are pretty much for straight up track use and drag. NVH will increase greatly with those.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 10:11 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustanggt2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Tx
Region: Texas
Posts: 111
Rapinator r u always this negative ?


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
mustanggt2013 is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 10:13 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanggt2013 View Post
Rapinator r u always this negative ?


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

Lol rap knows his ish obviously, but he doesn't believe in exceptions and is high end brand bias, and that's cool. But not everybody's the same way. Sounds like a defective poly bushing bud. Is AM gunna make good on this?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 10:15 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustanggt2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Tx
Region: Texas
Posts: 111
Have no idea they haven't contacted me and I get the run around when I call about em. By the way my tuner and my lca's were gifts from my wife can't complain about that at least she try's.


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
mustanggt2013 is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 10:17 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanggt2013 View Post
Have no idea they haven't contacted me and I get the run around when I call about em. By the way my tuner and my lca's were gifts from my wife can't complain about that at least she try's.


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

Hell yeah bro, my girl wants to throw a Molotov cocktail at my car all the money I've tossed at it lol. Stay on them, they'll usually stand by their product...



Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 10:21 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Devil Strider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Colorado Springs
Region: Colorado
Posts: 988
Yeah they have one more chance with me. I got the raxiom halo fog lights and one went out a day later. Also got the raxiom navigation system and it's defective after about 2 weeks. They're sending a replacement. I hope the next thing I order is good to go.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Devil Strider is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 10:26 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
Yeah they have one more chance with me. I got the raxiom halo fog lights and one went out a day later. Also got the raxiom navigation system and it's defective after about 2 weeks. They're sending a replacement. I hope the next thing I order is good to go.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I get sketched out by any type of aftermarket lighting. I just leave well enough alone in that category because nothing will work as well as the stock units, and for longevity purposes. But that's just me.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 10:32 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Sorry for the thread jack. How much better is the FR Boss 302 R LCA (urethane bushings) over the stock LCA?
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 10:40 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanggt2013 View Post
Rapinator r u always this negative ?


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Hopefully your replacements will yield better luck.
Are you sure you had them tightened properly/ installed properly?

If the replacement does the same thing. Just try another brand

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 10:42 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Hopefully your replacements will yield better luck.
Are you sure you had them tightened properly/ installed properly?

If the replacement does the same thing. Just try another brand

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

See look at that rap? Was is that hard to be constructive? Lol jk


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Sorry for the thread jack. How much better is the FR Boss 302 R LCA (urethane bushings) over the stock LCA?

Anythings better than the stamped steel, rubber bushing bull ish!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 10:42 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
See look at that rap? Was is that hard to be constructive? Lol jk


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------




Anythings better than the stamped steel, rubber bushing bull ish!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline  
Old 08-18-2014, 10:47 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Damn, it's stamped and rubber bushings? Yeah. I'm changing those as soon as I can. Probably will go with the Boss 302 R LCA. I want to stick with FRPP for suspension.

Any guesses for how much better these would be?
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline  
Old 08-19-2014, 12:36 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
Lol rap knows his ish obviously, but he doesn't believe in exceptions and is high end brand bias, and that's cool. But not everybody's the same way. Sounds like a defective poly bushing bud. Is AM gunna make good on this?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Not necessarily true. He's not high end bias. He's "the shiit he's done that works biased."

He's a bit non-political when it comes to advice and postings but he's still done more and gone thru more different parts than a shiit load of the ppl here.
DallasStang77 is offline  
Old 08-19-2014, 07:35 AM   #30
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malvern, PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanggt2013 View Post
I have returned my LCA's do to the bushing coming apart inside which made my car violently swerve to the left and took them 2 weeks to respond to my email and then shipped them back and never got a response that they received them for a week after ups said they were delivered. Now AM says they have until the 28th to get back to me. This is a croc of sh$$. Not to mention the emails I did get back were rude as if I was botching him. Sorry for the rant.
mustanggt2013-Sorry to hear about the trouble you had with the LCA's. This is the first time that I've heard of customers having issues with them. Can you shoot me a PM with your order number so I can take a closer look into this? I'm more than happy to speak with our returns team and get this moved along and have a refund issues back to your bank as soon as I have your info. Let me know and I'm here to help!

Alex
__________________
Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline  
Old 08-19-2014, 09:43 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustanggt2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Tx
Region: Texas
Posts: 111
Thanks Alex I'll get u the info as soon as I get home from work. Thanks for ur help.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
mustanggt2013 is offline  
Old 08-19-2014, 10:35 AM   #32
Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Malvern, PA
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanggt2013 View Post
Thanks Alex I'll get u the info as soon as I get home from work. Thanks for ur help.

PM Received and replied!

Alex
__________________
Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline  
Old 08-19-2014, 10:44 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
2014oxstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: East Longmeadow
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,000
Disappointed in American muscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Not necessarily true. He's not high end bias. He's "the shiit he's done that works biased."

He's a bit non-political when it comes to advice and postings but he's still done more and gone thru more different parts than a shiit load of the ppl here.

That's cool and all, but there's zillions of people who know their crap, and have done these same modifications over and over and over again. I've done my entire suspension myself and can turn a wrench, and everything's been fine for about 2k miles, but in no way am I an expert. A little modesty can go a long way, especially on forums. I'm a part of numerous forums and I have to say, this one is pretty good. NASIOC (Subaru) is full of pompous jack asses who when it really comes down to it, don't know their *** from their elbow. To my knowledge, polyurethane isn't made in different levels of strength. Yes maybe the welds may be better on say a BMR or Steeda LCA, but for my needs, the SR LCA's do their job, and they do it well. If they fall apart, I'm out 100$, no big deal to run out and get some BMR's. But until then, I'm happy with them.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline  
Old 08-19-2014, 11:08 AM   #34
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,684
The same thing happened when I got the j&m lca from AM. Got Lcas from steeda and haven't had an issue since.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Mikeyt03 is offline  
Old 08-19-2014, 11:12 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
That's cool and all, but there's zillions of people who know their crap, and have done these same modifications over and over and over again. I've done my entire suspension myself and can turn a wrench, and everything's been fine for about 2k miles, but in no way am I an expert. A little modesty can go a long way, especially on forums. I'm a part of numerous forums and I have to say, this one is pretty good. NASIOC (Subaru) is full of pompous jack asses who when it really comes down to it, don't know their *** from their elbow. To my knowledge, polyurethane isn't made in different levels of strength. Yes maybe the welds may be better on say a BMR or Steeda LCA, but for my needs, the SR LCA's do their job, and they do it well. If they fall apart, I'm out 100$, no big deal to run out and get some BMR's. But until then, I'm happy with them.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Rapernator had SR LCAs that snapped on him I think I remember him saying on one post. If that was true then hell I would be like him to and swear off SR.

Having a LCA snap at speed or turn is a helluva lot more than just "out $100." Least which is not just potential crash, burn and death.

But you are right for normal dd duties whatever brand does work. But for hi HP applications and intense track sessions getting quality parts become much more critical.

But all said and done youre right that a bit of modesty, humility and politeness does go a long way lol.

Just trying to shed some light into raper's world and why he seems like what he acts. (Fellow Texan after all)
DallasStang77 is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Disappointed Dubya11 General Car Discussion 6 09-18-2011 04:34 PM
Fathers: to be proud, or be disappointed? Ken The Bar 13 03-21-2011 05:20 AM
disappointed BlackSix 2011-2014 Mustang GT 18 01-16-2009 06:41 PM
went to track again! DISAPPOINTED!!! doodad General Mustang Discussion 14 02-21-2007 05:53 PM
I can say I am finally disappointed in my school Monkey The Bar 6 03-26-2004 11:44 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



05:54 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.