Eibach Struts/Lowering Spring Noise - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-19-2014, 09:34 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Eibach Struts/Lowering Spring Noise

I had the Eibach Pro Kit front struts and rear shock along with lowering springs installed yesterday everything felt great.

I drove the car this morning and it was raining out, after going over a few bumps I noticed the front struts were making loud noises (long deep type noise) they were not doing before, I am wondering if it has something to do with the rain.

Anyone have an idea about this?
wgolden30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2014, 10:05 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Rains allot in Florida and I haven't ever noticed I had same thing done. I will say I get it in the rear springs often, going to grease one of these days. does in sound like rubbing? Straight and when you turn?
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:39 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
Rains allot in Florida and I haven't ever noticed I had same thing done. I will say I get it in the rear springs often, going to grease one of these days. does in sound like rubbing? Straight and when you turn?

when i went over the speed bump its like when the strut was decompressing it was rubbing/rumble as it came back up very loud, u could feel it within the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2014, 11:02 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Maybe the struts themselves are defective? Sorry I wish I could help more but if it sounds like like that its my best layman guess
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:06 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
Maybe the struts themselves are defective? Sorry I wish I could help more but if it sounds like like that its my best layman guess
they were working perfect yesterday on the same speed bump, today it just made that noise as i was leaving.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:16 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

update:

i just came home and went over the same speed bumps, this time no noises or any issues at all.

when i had the noise this morning, i actually hit a puddle of water prior to the speed bump. can water be affecting something to cause this?
Old 08-19-2014, 03:23 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Are you riding on the stock strut mounts? Those could be blown out from the drop. I made sure I purchased the GT500 mounts along with my springs/struts/shocks. However, to get those mounts you need to go with 05-10 struts. I have a feeling it could be the garbage stock mounts blown out....

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:30 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
Are you riding on the stock strut mounts? Those could be blown out from the drop. I made sure I purchased the GT500 mounts along with my springs/struts/shocks. However, to get those mounts you need to go with 05-10 struts. I have a feeling it could be the garbage stock mounts blown out....

this really didnt sound like a bad strut mount, good suggestion though.

i already had the struts installed unfortunately so if i do buy new strut mounts i will have to pay to have them remove everything again, plus not sure where to even get strut mounts for my current eibach suspension setup.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:41 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgolden30 View Post
this really didnt sound like a bad strut mount, good suggestion though.

i already had the struts installed unfortunately so if i do buy new strut mounts i will have to pay to have them remove everything again, plus not sure where to even get strut mounts for my current eibach suspension setup.

"Can you describe the noise sir?" (Breakfast Club line) lol sorry. Hmmmm, yeah I wouldn't know where you can buy a universal strut mount either IF that's the problem. Maybe steeda? I did a crap ton of research before I pulled the trigger on suspension and I do not regret getting the GT500 mounts. The stock mounts broke apart in my hands when I swapped out the suspension. You have to pinpoint the issue.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:18 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

was a deep decompressing/vibrating sound lasted a few seconds.

my struts were dirty when they were put on because they were used maybe they just had dirt in them and the water washed it out or something
Old 08-21-2014, 06:17 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
You have to upgrade the upper strut mounts with new gt500 mounts , I'm sure that may solve your problem

dentman43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:03 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentman43 View Post
You have to upgrade the upper strut mounts with new gt500 mounts , I'm sure that may solve your problem

the noise came back this morning this time no water, it was very faint but it sounded very hollow. it seems to only happen when the car has been parked outside for a full night, then once i drive it, it goes away.

i thought the GT500 upper strut mounts will not work with my current setup 2013 GT eibach pro struts/lower springs.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:34 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgolden30 View Post
the noise came back this morning this time no water, it was very faint but it sounded very hollow. it seems to only happen when the car has been parked outside for a full night, then once i drive it, it goes away.

i thought the GT500 upper strut mounts will not work with my current setup 2013 GT eibach pro struts/lower springs.

It won't work. They only work on 05-10 struts. That's why I put 05-10 suspension in my 2014 for that added peace of mind.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:39 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

are there any other possibilities as to what could be causing the noise besides the strut mounts?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT