Ford Dealership messing with me - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-20-2014, 12:19 AM   #1

Region: California
Ford Dealership messing with me

Long story short, I took my car in for service yesterday.

My car is a 2013 Mustang 5.0 automatic. When you push on the brake, you hear a click next to the shifter when you put it out of park. I thought the solenoid was going bad. The dealership kept the car to work on it, and called and informed me today, that since I had Ford racing lowered springs and Flowmaster mufflers, that my car was no longer covered under warrantee, and also informed me that they would need payment from me to work on my car.

I asked to speak with the service manager and informed him that I had Ford racing springs and they had nothing to do with why my car was there for service. He told me that it was a modification and they would have to "look into" the matter.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I should pursue this?
Please help!
Thank you!
krazyrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2014, 12:26 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyrail View Post
Long story short, I took my car in for service yesterday.

My car is a 2013 Mustang 5.0 automatic. When you push on the break, you hear a click next to the shifter when you put it out of park. I thought the solenoid was going bad. The dealership kept the car to work on it, and called and informed me today, that since I had Ford racing lowered springs and Flowmaster mufflers, that my car was no longer covered under warrantee, and also informed me that they would need payment from me to work on my car.

I asked to speak with the service manager and informed him that I had Ford racing springs and they had nothing to do with why my car was there for service. He told me that it was a modification and they would have to "look into" the matter.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I should pursue this?
Please help!
Thank you!

The click is normal and is nothing to worry about every ford that iv driven has done this i assumed that it was just a cable no solenoid
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:15 AM   #3
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
That click is simply the shifter lockout disengaging when you press the brake. As far as the warranty, the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act is what protects you as a buyer and tells a dealership that they have to prove that the modification is the direct cause for the failure. Even then, that part of the car is the only thing no longer under warranty.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2014, 05:15 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Wow dayjavu A dealer here tried doing that me and I called ford corp.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
mustanggt2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:19 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
That sucks, I know some ford dealerships accept aftermarket mufflers and intake. Seems to me they are very strict. Should of gone with a manual. Jk. Hope everything works out bud.

Lambo345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:30 AM   #6
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
find another dealer.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:33 AM   #7
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
That click is simply the shifter lockout disengaging when you press the brake. As far as the warranty, the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act is what protects you as a buyer and tells a dealership that they have to prove that the modification is the direct cause for the failure. Even then, that part of the car is the only thing no longer under warranty.
This. write it down and present it to the service manager. He/she will then have to explain why they are wanting to charge you for a repair that is not affected by your mods. Then politely let them know your lawyer has also been notified.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:38 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I would go far far away from that dealer and find some place else that won't try and screw you over.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:55 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I second that!!
Same thing happened to me and I took it to a different dealer and all was good.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
mustanggt2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:11 PM   #10

thanks everyone ..I picked up my car today and taking it to a diff dealer Monday..i called ford racing tech line and the guy reassured me that my warranty was still in full affect and no to worry.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:23 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Here is what I still don't understand about some car dealers, Ford or Chevy both. Good dealers understand exactly the issue of Ford Racing (not really aftermarket) and true aftermarket parts. The good ones follow their Ford rules and perform warranty service on items not affected by the parts just fine. Ford Racing parts are looked on better by these dealers than say Joe Bob's parts. These also tend to be the dealer that the shocker moms prize as being so nice and polite and a great place to buy a car and get service; coincidence? I think not...

Now come the dealers that for any reason they will make you pay for your part. Why? Back 35 years ago its because they would double dip, make you pay and put in a claim. I am sure Ford and Chevy have security that prevents that today, but its that same mindset. I don't want to work on your car unless you pay me. And those same dealers tend to piss off shocker moms as well.....Go Figure...Well some of those mom's figures are really good...yea...ok...
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:35 PM   #12

So true the first words out of his mouth was your car has mods so you will need to pay and all hell broke lose .Im old that's why I have a auto. They see my car and think some punk kid drives it.Wrong just a old fart that likes cool cars..
Old 03-29-2015, 07:11 PM   #13

Region: Louisiana
I worked in a pontiac dealership for one year in the 90's it's about the service writer getting more customer pay work for he and his mechanic warranty work is very strictly controlled customer pay is not, most service writers of this type are like the worst kind of used car salesman, the dealership would tell you they had no idea but in my opinion they are looking they other way in most cases, as they get to charge more money for customer pay therefore the dealership makes more profit, AND the mechanic is also a victim of the system, as he has to feed his family remember the $110 per hour goes to the dealership the mechanic gets his hourly rate say $20.00 multiplied by the hours charged say two hours so he gets $40 the dealership gets $180. They call it commission, also it was my experience that the service manager would underpay some mechanics "shave" the 2 hours to less than that.. Some of the better dealers have changed to a different system so I've heard.

G

gary12000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT