n00b pulling out the credit card - school me if I'm making mistake (STEEDA and AM) - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-22-2014, 07:25 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Not sure I've ever heard that exhaust on newer stangs but I used to have flowmasters on my 2000 gt and it sounded pretty sweet. Currently I have magnaflow comp. catback, OR X, Kooks LT headers, and CF JLT cai. I love the sound. Definitely a good rumble and screams when you get on it. Sounds like a racecar is the best way to describe it.
As to the wheels I have heard mixed reviews on those. I almost went with them because of the price but ended up spending a couple hundred more and went with Avant Garde M310's. I'm sure if something were to go wrong with those however AM would be willing to help. I've always had great success and nothing but good things to say about AM. Great company and customer service.
I would go catback if you are looking to upgrade headers...etc down the road to save from changing it out. My dealership doesn't say anything about my setup. They have fixed a couple things even with these. at 21K miles currently.

rockhillgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2014, 10:51 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
n00b pulling out the credit card - school me if I'm making mistake (STEEDA an...

Credit card balance is always paid every month. I use it for rewards.

Having a slight hick up with Steeda. Have email in to TJ to remedy the situation. I'll advise how it turns out but to be fair, I'll hold my opinion and give them the opportunity to sell me some parts.

But I did order my exhaust from AM. Forgot who I spoke to but friendly and quick. AM gets a big A+. I'm kind of old fashion and like to speak to a person instead of ordering from a website.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
20145pointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:04 PM   #38
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20145pointOH View Post
Credit card balance is always paid every month. I use it for rewards.

Having a slight hick up with Steeda. Have email in to TJ to remedy the situation. I'll advise how it turns out but to be fair, I'll hold my opinion and give them the opportunity to sell me some parts.

But I did order my exhaust from AM. Forgot who I spoke to but friendly and quick. AM gets a big A+. I'm kind of old fashion and like to speak to a person instead of ordering from a website.

Be sure to get that discount code when you get to 50 posts

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2014, 11:11 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
n00b pulling out the credit card - school me if I'm making mistake (STEEDA an...

Let's just say Dan with AM was more then generous.

20145pointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:24 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York

I had the Steeda cai with a custom tune on my 11 and it worked as advertised. As far as the exhaust you need to decide if you want loud or LOUD and how you feel about drone. Personally I like to be able to hold a conversation at 70 mph with the windows up so I like the GT500 or the Corsa. But every one has a dif opinion on sound. What I wouldn't do is spend the money on a cat back system. The gains are minimal to non and the cost is twice that of an axel back. My advice would be to add the axel backs and save $ for complete LT headers set up with high flow cats. My 2 cents

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
2013 Mustang GT Fastlane Stage 3 Race Red-Matte Black GT 500 Stripes-2.3 Whipple-20" TF Chicanes-R888's-Brembos-Slotted/Drilled-Custom Katskin interior-Suspension and other goodies...603/498 http://youtu.be/wa73L4lF3Ws
Fastlane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 12:54 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I have the flowmaster outlaws and I would recommend them.

69mach1390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:53 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I am running a outlaw set up with a off-road x and Jegs cat deletes and it sounds great but just a FYI...
It's loud At all points of the rpm band and does drone quite a bit on the interstate around 75-80.
Personally I'm all about my car being loud but I can admit at times it is too loud lol

AllBlack14GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:04 AM   #43
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Steeda us great. Get the tune and stuff from them. AMR'S are kinda hit or miss with quality but AM will make any issue right. I really respect these guys.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT