help with disabling seat belt chime - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-20-2014, 03:48 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
help with disabling seat belt chime

I did search and read in my owners manual on how to disable the seatbelt chime, but after i did what it told me to do, it still wont disable it. the airbag light never comes on, just the seat belt light flashes. Car is a 2014 gt track pack with 6spd, also i do not have my key set. Any info would be great.
sadler88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2014, 03:48 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Why do you want to disable it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2014, 04:09 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I always wear my seatbelt when i driving on major roads, but when i drive thru sub and take it off, also the chime gets old fast. I have disable the seatbelt chime in every car i had but this one is a no go.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:29 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
This is when my dad would get out his nifty fire fighter and ems portfolio with pictures of busted up cars and people sized holes in the windshield.

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:02 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

help with disabling seat belt chime

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadler88 View Post
I always wear my seatbelt when i driving on major roads, but when i drive thru sub and take it off, also the chime gets old fast. I have disable the seatbelt chime in every car i had but this one is a no go.
Really? I... Hmmm... Well... Just don't wear your seatbelt at all PERIOD. Just buckle your belt and sit on top of it.

One less human in the world won't be the end of the world... Good Luck

P.S. Just remember to try your best not to fly into other people when you get ejected out your car. Lol
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:17 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Buy a "seat belt extender" on ebay. Done
califsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:18 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Not the ones with a belt.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:24 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Try it again. I got it to work just fine but I still have to do the passenger side.

14' GT PREMIUM
DEEP IMPACT BLUE
mav351w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:13 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Spending more time and hassle screwing with the system to disable it than just putting it on when you drive.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:40 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I have been a passenger in a 1998 Sudan DeVille traveling 70mph on I75 that was hit head on by a Mustang wrong way driver coming into oncoming traffic at about 65 or so. Glad I had seat belts on in addition to air bags. Ever since I never ever in a car not belted, period. I had plenty of body damage even with those safety items on. Live and learn, I did. I wont even ever talk about what happen to the perp wrong-way driver that wasn't belted...
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:47 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

trust me i have been some really bad car accidents, but i am talking about subdivision thats are 25 mph speed limits. like i said i wear them everywhere else just not when driving in a sub or when i need to unbuckle at a atm or something. Airbags are a different story, dont like em and never will.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:50 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
I have been a passenger in a 1998 Sudan DeVille traveling 70mph on I75 that was hit head on by a Mustang wrong way driver coming into oncoming traffic at about 65 or so. Glad I had seat belts on in addition to air bags. Ever since I never ever in a car not belted, period. I had plenty of body damage even with those safety items on. Live and learn, I did. I wont even ever talk about what happen to the perp wrong-way driver that wasn't belted...

Did the air bag burn you? Always hear about that, fortunately I never had a face to face with one.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:00 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
guy just wanted to know how 2 disable the annoying chime not a lecture from the internet parents.
TurboCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:42 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

yea had a few airbag burns, broken nose; Thats why i hate them. I was a passenger in a 95 chevy corsica and t boned a cadillac that turned in front of us. going from 55mph to 0 sucks, but i had my belt on but no air bag. knocked the wind out of me and messed my hand up. Another one was when i was a passenger in my buddys 88 fireo formula doing around 100 mph when the back tire blew and we spun and hit the guardrail my side and slid down the embankment into a field. was wearing my belt then but no air bags. point is air bags suck lol
Old 08-20-2014, 10:44 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

oh and the fiero had a 3800 gtp swap with a smaller pulley.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:14 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
If you have a death wish, that's fine. But what about the State Trooper, Sheriff or City officer that has to scrape up your remains from the roadway, trying not to track anything into their patrol car or inside your wife or parents house on a death notification?

I can hear the parents asking where you are at now? The officer can report over there on the carpet where I came in, some is still out in my patrol unit on the floor and the parts that we couldn't scrape up, are still in the car and on the hood. You can get them when you go down to retrieve any personal items from the car. Better hurry though, flies will get to them soon.

Lastly, you won't be able to have an open casket funeral, the funeral director said your head looked like a melon that had been dropped from an overpass. But instead of your parents, siblings, friends and anyone else, they don't really need to look at you one more time. Put up some pictures when your weren't so STUPID.

All those at the funeral can always go outside and step on it, then pick it up and it will be a little smaller than you, but they will get the idea!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Ford Racing Sport Axle-Back Exhaust...Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:18 AM   #17
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCobra View Post
guy just wanted to know how 2 disable the annoying chime not a lecture from the internet parents.
It is a public forum. Opinions are going to happen

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:14 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCobra View Post
+1. Someone teach the dude how to disable his airbag too plrase
Old 08-21-2014, 09:14 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Did the air bag burn you? Always hear about that, fortunately I never had a face to face with one.
No, but it was the first time either of us had been in an accident since the 70s, and with all the air bags in that Caddy going off we thought the car was on fire, could not see in the cabin on our escape. My forehead hit the passenger window piller on the first strike from the car, and I almost broke my ribs on the strike into the guard rail at speed, they were in pain from 3 months.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:17 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
+1. Someone teach the dude how to disable his airbag too plrase
Oh now you want them to comment on how to commit a federal offense
and, ff you get into an accident with the airbag removed, your insurance may not cover it, and you could be held liable.

Now here is a reason to wear a seat belt beyond safety. it will allow you to maintain your stance in your seat allowing you to take corners at G forces greater than you can perform correctly without a seat belt. The seat belt becomes a high performance accessory !
Old 08-21-2014, 09:22 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
If you have a death wish, that's fine. But what about the State Trooper, Sheriff or City officer that has to scrape up your remains from the roadway, trying not to track anything into their patrol car or inside your wife or parents house on a death notification?

I can hear the parents asking where you are at now? The officer can report over there on the carpet where I came in, some is still out in my patrol unit on the floor and the parts that we couldn't scrape up, are still in the car and on the hood. You can get them when you go down to retrieve any personal items from the car. Better hurry though, flies will get to them soon.

Lastly, you won't be able to have an open casket funeral, the funeral director said your head looked like a melon that had been dropped from an overpass. But instead of your parents, siblings, friends and anyone else, they don't really need to look at you one more time. Put up some pictures when your weren't so STUPID.

All those at the funeral can always go outside and step on it, then pick it up and it will be a little smaller than you, but they will get the idea!
Hey on the bright side there would be plenty of smashed up small pieces of him for people to take home as souvenir. Just go to the crash site there's probably a bone their, hair, flesh, and maybe a testicle laying around lol
Old 08-21-2014, 09:34 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Here you go OP. This works for a lot of peaple.
2005 2013 Ford Mustang Front Mini Seatbelt Extension Extender 42248 | eBay
Old 08-21-2014, 09:38 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
Oh now you want them to comment on how to commit a federal offense
and, ff you get into an accident with the airbag removed, your insurance may not cover it, and you could be held liable.

Now here is a reason to wear a seat belt beyond safety. it will allow you to maintain your stance in your seat allowing you to take corners at G forces greater than you can perform correctly without a seat belt. The seat belt becomes a high performance accessory !
Hey it's a very logical progression from disabling the seatbelt chime to just get ridding of the airbag. To each their own lol
Old 08-21-2014, 01:05 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
My best advice is to try the directions again bc it does work.

14' GT PREMIUM
DEEP IMPACT BLUE
mav351w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:11 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Hey on the bright side there would be plenty of smashed up small pieces of him for people to take home as souvenir. Just go to the crash site there's probably a bone their, hair, flesh, and maybe a testicle laying around lol
I read the first five words and I already knew what you were going to say!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Ford Racing Sport Axle-Back Exhaust...Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:01 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

It took me several tries to get it to work but finally did. I have a 1.5 mile drive down the driveway to the mail box so throwing on the seatbelt for a 5 MPH cruise was annoying. Only reason I disabled the drivers side only.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:27 PM   #27
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
One of my Strange ideas is if instead of airbags in the steering wheel/dash there were just pointed rusty jagged spears mounted directly in front of you...don't you think people would be more careful and there would acctually be fewer accidents?

Aarsk, is the disable how you ended up with the Ford medallion in your chest?
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT