Questions about Boss 302 exhaust setup - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-21-2014, 07:48 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Questions about Boss 302 exhaust setup

Hey guys, I'm thinking about adding the Boss 302 quad exhaust to my 2014 GT and have a few questions first:

First, I bought the Ford Racing Handling Pack which has 1" lowering springs. My driveway is already kind of tricky so I have to watch getting in and out but am wondering how far down the Boss side pipes hang down? Is clearance an issue with this setup?

Second, I'm also considering adding the QTP electric cutouts but am concerned about longevity, specifically the motors going bad or the mechanism rusting over time. I intend to hard wire the switch so am not concerned about the remote control option. Does anybody have experience with these units? How well do they hold up?
kingstrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2014, 08:17 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
The boss exhaust sound great, was my first upgrade. I'm at stock ride height, my only issue has been on my driveway which has an extreme angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
grey ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:38 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Questions about Boss 302 exhaust setup

The side pipes I've seen aren't below the body. They are for the most part pretty flush with the under carriage. Be careful with the drop! Especially if you have a hazard spot every day. My 14 is stock and there are a few situations with some drain ways that I just scrape by. Not literally. As for the cut outs. Don't those hang lower? I feel that would be more it a clearance concern on some of the systems I've seen.

Saleen90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2014, 08:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Yea mine is tucked pretty tight, was surprised I had the issue. If you go slow in trouble spots it's nothing that will cause damage though

Old 08-23-2014, 02:59 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
the boss exhaust is a good setup.....I am lowered with the ford racing "k" springs and on stock wheels going over a speedbump the side tips would have a faint scrape sound,didnt mess them up..When I got my new wheel setup it made my car height taller and don't have that prob anymore...If that helps any
insidious_ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:09 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

What wheel/ tire setup you running?

Old 08-23-2014, 05:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I want this exhaust with Roush axle backs myself. Sounds amazing.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:39 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I can't decide which axle backs to get definitely borla though

Old 08-23-2014, 06:36 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingstrider View Post
Hey guys, I'm thinking about adding the Boss 302 quad exhaust to my 2014 GT and have a few questions first:

First, I bought the Ford Racing Handling Pack which has 1" lowering springs. My driveway is already kind of tricky so I have to watch getting in and out but am wondering how far down the Boss side pipes hang down? Is clearance an issue with this setup?

Second, I'm also considering adding the QTP electric cutouts but am concerned about longevity, specifically the motors going bad or the mechanism rusting over time. I intend to hard wire the switch so am not concerned about the remote control option. Does anybody have experience with these units? How well do they hold up?
Are you running the stock 18" tires? I have the Ford Package, I don't have a problem with bottoming out. Even at the hotel for the American Muscle Car Show. It seems that the Holiday deemed it was necessary to put in one speed bump that you have to go over to get in the parking lot.

With 18" tires you should have about 3-4 inches.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust