Eibach pro coil overs & Caster camber plates - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-29-2014, 07:26 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Eibach pro coil overs & Caster camber plates

Okay guys I posted a while back asking if anyone knew about which strut mounts work for the Eibach Pro Street S coil overs and nobody seemed to know. I also called Eibach and they didn't know along with American Muscle. So I went ahead and bought a set of Maximum Motorsports caster camber plates and installed them with no issues onto my Pro Street S kit. As of right now my suspension makes no more clunking going into driveways or over speed bumps so I believe I fixed the issue. In the instructions it says it will not work for the Eibach r1 and r2 coilover kit so if you have those that's a different story. Also I used none of the spacers that came inside the Maximum Motorsports kit it basically bolted up just like the stock mount would bolt up to the stock strut. I don't know if it's just me but my front end feels a lot stiffer so I'm happy and I got a great deal on the kit at 150$.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2012 Grabber blue, Auto, Eibach pro street S coilovers, MM caster/camber plates, Borla ATAK cat back, off road X pipe, A.E.M CAI, SCT-x4 Mike Roush tune,SR LCA's, BMR Relocation brackets, J&M Pan hard bar, UPR Catch can, SVE 15x10's, Mickey T's 275-60-15.
grabber12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2014, 01:32 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Another thing to note is that the MM plates use our stock bearing that is in the strut mount. I thought that was really odd considering the noise we get when lowering our mustangs is from the stock, cheap, undersize bearings. I had to look at the instructions like 5 times to see if I was really reading it right and sure enough it says "use stock bearings".
2012 Grabber blue, Auto, Eibach pro street S coilovers, MM caster/camber plates, Borla ATAK cat back, off road X pipe, A.E.M CAI, SCT-x4 Mike Roush tune,SR LCA's, BMR Relocation brackets, J&M Pan hard bar, UPR Catch can, SVE 15x10's, Mickey T's 275-60-15.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:54 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Cool! I'm gonna install the exact same set up in the next couple weeks when I get some time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2014, 07:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

When taking the plastic bearing out of your stock mount use a small flat head screw driver and get under it. The first one I took out came out in 2 pieces so I had to put all the ball bearings back in by hand then snap the upper and lower section back together. I did this on my bench so when the ball bearing fell out they didn't get lost so be careful. The instructions also tell you once installed pull the strut all the way forward and tighten the bolts down to secure the strut but I didn't do that either. I measured my strut locations with a micrometer before I installed the MM plates. After the new MM plates were installed I referred back to my old locations. Mustang drives down the road perfect but im still going to get it dialed in. Another note... The instrustions say to torque the top bolts to 26lbs, well I striped the treads right out of one of the lock nuts they provided so I went to 22lbs.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:51 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabber12 View Post
When taking the plastic bearing out of your stock mount use a small flat head screw driver and get under it. The first one I took out came out in 2 pieces so I had to put all the ball bearings back in by hand then snap the upper and lower section back together. I did this on my bench so when the ball bearing fell out they didn't get lost so be careful. The instructions also tell you once installed pull the strut all the way forward and tighten the bolts down to secure the strut but I didn't do that either. I measured my strut locations with a micrometer before I installed the MM plates. After the new MM plates were installed I referred back to my old locations. Mustang drives down the road perfect but im still going to get it dialed in. Another note... The instrustions say to torque the top bolts to 26lbs, well I striped the treads right out of one of the lock nuts they provided so I went to 22lbs.
Cool thanks for the tips! I'll let u know how it goes!
Old 09-04-2014, 10:28 AM   #6
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabber12 View Post
Okay guys I posted a while back asking if anyone knew about which strut mounts work for the Eibach Pro Street S coil overs and nobody seemed to know. I also called Eibach and they didn't know along with American Muscle. So I went ahead and bought a set of Maximum Motorsports caster camber plates and installed them with no issues onto my Pro Street S kit. As of right now my suspension makes no more clunking going into driveways or over speed bumps so I believe I fixed the issue. In the instructions it says it will not work for the Eibach r1 and r2 coilover kit so if you have those that's a different story. Also I used none of the spacers that came inside the Maximum Motorsports kit it basically bolted up just like the stock mount would bolt up to the stock strut. I don't know if it's just me but my front end feels a lot stiffer so I'm happy and I got a great deal on the kit at 150$.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Wow. Great feedback! Thanks!

I'll definitely get this updated on the site. Glad to hear they bolt on just fine. That's news to us! We really go with what the manufacturer tells us with stuff like this.

Thanks again! Glad to hear you're enjoying your car much more now.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 12:41 PM   #7

Hey I just installed the same setup but was very confused on the bearing plate you said a plastic piece on top of the bearings is this correct?
bacombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 03:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
Maximum Motorsports has a CC plate that is designed specifically for the Eibach Pro R1 and R2 coil over kits.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
hispeedlodrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:40 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Region: South Dakota
I wish there were pics of the install. Can't really visualize without purchasing.
Famine is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT