Lethal Performance o/r x pipe and headers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-31-2014, 07:52 PM   #1
Region: Florida
Lethal Performance o/r x pipe and headers

Got my Roush a few months back and am slowly making some changes. I have recently bought Lethal Performances o/r catless x pipe but am waiting to put it on until I sort a few things out. I haven't had a chance yet to ask LP as its a holiday weekend so I thought Id ask here. Could anyone tell me what options I have for headers with this x pipe? Am I limited to just shorties? I'd really like long tubes and as far as I can see lethal doesn't make a mid pipe and header combo. I suppose I can return it and get a whole combo like kooks etc but I'd rather not deal with returning stuff, shipping etc. So can anyone out there educate me a little?

BOOMIJUSTSHOTU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Minnesota
You are relegated to shorties with the LP pipe, and shorties are a waste of money. If you decide to go with long tubes, you must buy the same brand's X or H pipe due to differences in header length between various manufacturers. A long tube-compatible mid-pipe is much shorter than the LP pipe you have now.

Check out the American Racing Headers long tube header/off road X pipe kit - I have it in my car, and love it (get the American Muscle 5% discount by PMing Dan Bailer from AM). Also, be smart and have a shop do the header install...it took 2 techs 5 hours each to do mine.

hispeedlodrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:18 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Texas
you should return and get a header and X pipe combo. As mentioned above shorties are a waste of money; LTs is where its at. i have the bbk headers and love them so far! if i was able to i would of picked up some kooks based on looks alone, although more power than cheaper headers have never been established.
Joaquin_ii is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT