Just had a minor heart attack.... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-02-2014, 05:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Just had a minor heart attack....

I've been running the cam tune for a few days, but today decided to switch back to the race tune. I plug in the tuner, get it all set up to download the tune and then I decide to change the source on the radio to listen to spotify on my phone. No sooner than I do, the download fails. I get all the beeping, flashing lights on the dash, service advancetrac warning, check charging system warning, etc. and the tuner is telling me switch it back to stock and try again. Nothing. No start. Uploading the stock tune continues to fail. I panic, as I've failed to mention up to this point I am sitting in the parking lot at chase bank about to take my gf into work. I get on the phone with bama and they recommended disconnecting the neg battery terminal for 30 minutes and then trying to go back to stock before uploading the race tune.

I'm relieved to hear this normally fixed the problem because I'm freaking out thinking I fried the ECU or the tuner and I'm looking at a toe to ford and having to explain all my mods and what I was doing, only to have them deny my warranty claim. Anyways, I give it a shot. Disconnected the battery for 5 minutes and then tried again. SUCCESS! It takes the stock tune back. I cross my fingers and now try to upload the race tune (my car won't run on the stock tune as I have a jlt cai and an off-road x). It takes about 15 minutes to get all the uploading/unlocking/downloading finished. I cross my fingers and try to start it. Perfect. Starts right up, no codes, no crazy lights, no funky idle issues. Talk about a relief.

Major thanks to bama performance for all the help getting the car back up!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2014, 06:32 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Personally I'm afraid to even move when I am downloading tunes. Touching anything,especially the radio which I believe is on the CANBUS is not something I would do.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
vert03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 06:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert03 View Post
Personally I'm afraid to even move when I am downloading tunes. Touching anything,especially the radio which I believe is on the CANBUS is not something I would do.

Yeah. I agree completely. I didn't even think about it this time. Never again. lol. I'm certain it was the cause if the issue as I've gone back and forth on tunes since I bought the car probably 30 times, this was the first time I ever had an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2014, 06:34 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Glad you got it working😀

vert03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT