What is this and should I be worried it was cut? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-05-2014, 09:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
What is this and should I be worried it was cut?

I had new suspension installed about a month ago. Springs, shocks, struts, camber bolts, Panhard bar, UCA and LCA's. Every since install it handles amazingly and all wheel hop is gone. I really get way better traction at launch.

BUT... There is squeeks and such from the rear end mainly over bumps and such... not just driving down road. I wanted to get under the car to see if there is a place I could grease or oil or anything that might help. I noticed this part was obviously cut by the shop during install. Just wondering what it is and if they make a replacement for lowered cars or if this is just normal.

Any help from my ME brothers is apreciated
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140904_140043.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	597.0 KB
ID:	165245  
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2014, 09:42 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Its your bump stop. Keeps the car from grounding out when you hit a bump ... Somewhat of a hack job there, but they sell replacement ones if you're interested.

What brand UCA / LCA / PHB? I know my BMR came with zerk fittings that i greased before installing, they may have just over looked that.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:06 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Its your bump stop. Keeps the car from grounding out when you hit a bump ... Somewhat of a hack job there, but they sell replacement ones if you're interested.

What brand UCA / LCA / PHB? I know my BMR came with zerk fittings that i greased before installing, they may have just over looked that.
Mine were all BMR, not sure if they came with that but if yours did I am sure mine did. So really the short bump stops arent realy creating the squeak, probably never having greased those parts? I was thinking it was the shocks/springs... but then again I am a novice
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2014, 10:26 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

They likely did not grease the fittings. I also greased the outside of my LCAs to keep them from squeaking against my relocation brackets. The bump stop being cut wont hurt anything, its just kinda janky.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:32 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
That is a scary looking cut job on those Bump Stops. However, I had all the same work done on my car and they never touched the Bump stops. Now I ride them all the time and at the track it caused me problems. Worst part is, the charged me for Bumpstop relocation and cutting bumpstops.
Justin81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:25 PM   #6

Region: Kansas
I posted a video of a similar sound I just made a thread about it. You should see if yours sounds the best

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
BeastGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 02:22 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I cut my bump stops a few weeks after I put my koni str.t shocks in and it definitely created some squeaks as well going up driveways and such. It's stiffer so turn the music up, an you'll be fine lol

2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:13 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014oxstang View Post
I cut my bump stops a few weeks after I put my koni str.t shocks in and it definitely created some squeaks as well going up driveways and such. It's stiffer so turn the music up, an you'll be fine lol

That's not your bump stops creating a squeak.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:19 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I cut my bump stops similar to that and no squeak.
Stangholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:49 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
What is this and should I be worried it was cut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARgt13 View Post
That's not your bump stops creating a squeak.

Enlighten me KAR, because it was immediate after I cut them.

You do know I didn't mean the actual bump stop was causing the squeaking right? I figured because of increased suspension travel, from my shocks no longer hitting the bump stops, was the cause for squeaking. My LCA's, UCA, and everything else is lubed up.

2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT