Premium Parts on my Bone Stock 2014 GT? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-08-2014, 06:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Premium Parts on my Bone Stock 2014 GT?

So I have a friend who says that parts of my engine are forged and that I have "premium" shocks on my car. How can I tell if this is true, or is it even possible? He said you shouldn't be able to bounce the car very much if at all by pushing on the hood, and yet he did it to mine.
RJTheIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2014, 06:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTheIV View Post
So I have a friend who says that parts of my engine are forged and that I have "premium" shocks on my car. How can I tell if this is true, or is it even possible? He said you shouldn't be able to bounce the car very much if at all by pushing on the hood, and yet he did it to mine.
Well, parts of your engine are forged, but not the pistons; and their is different types of forgin' on Rods up from the stock ones. If you have a GT you don't have a Forged Build till you put in the hotter parts.

As for shocks, I don't think any "Bounce test" done by a Beer Bud will prove anything. You would need to stik a head under there and read a bar code part number. Certain packages had better suspension, but unless they are on your sticker I doubt you have them.

Drive-Way BSin' with buds is fun with friends but always take things with a grain of salt and lime

5.0L 32-valve DOHC V-8 that uses advanced features like Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT) to deliver 420 horsepower @ 6500 rpm and 390 ft.-lb.+ of torque @ 4250 rpm (with premium fuel). The lightweight aluminum cylinder block features cross-bolted main bearing caps and thick main bearing bulkheads for bottom-end strength. Optimized oil drainback and windage control improve high-rpm performance

High-performance 5.0-liter, four-valve Ti-VCT engine
420 horsepower @ 6500 rpm
390 ft.-lb.+ of torque @ 4250 rpm
Displacement 302 cu. in.
3.63 bore x 3.65-in stroke
Aluminum block
Forged steel crankshaft
Forged steel connecting rods
Hypereutectic aluminum pistons
Aluminum cylinder heads, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, Variable intake and exhaust camshaft timing
8qt capacity oil pan
11.0:1 Compression ratio
Tuned composite intake manifold provides efficient air delivery and weight savings
80 mm single bore "drive by wire" throttlebody
Mustang GT 409 stainless-steel tubular exhaust manifolds
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:06 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
Well, parts of your engine are forged, but not the pistons; and their is different types of forgin' on Rods up from the stock ones. If you have a GT you don't have a Forged Build till you put in the hotter parts.

As for shocks, I don't think any "Bounce test" done by a Beer Bud will prove anything. You would need to stik a head under there and read a bar code part number. Certain packages had better suspension, but unless they are on your sticker I doubt you have them.

Drive-Way BSin' with buds is fun with friends but always take things with a grain of salt and lime

5.0L 32-valve DOHC V-8 that uses advanced features like Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT) to deliver 420 horsepower @ 6500 rpm and 390 ft.-lb.+ of torque @ 4250 rpm (with premium fuel). The lightweight aluminum cylinder block features cross-bolted main bearing caps and thick main bearing bulkheads for bottom-end strength. Optimized oil drainback and windage control improve high-rpm performance

High-performance 5.0-liter, four-valve Ti-VCT engine
420 horsepower @ 6500 rpm
390 ft.-lb.+ of torque @ 4250 rpm
Displacement 302 cu. in.
3.63 bore x 3.65-in stroke
Aluminum block
Forged steel crankshaft
Forged steel connecting rods
Hypereutectic aluminum pistons
Aluminum cylinder heads, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, Variable intake and exhaust camshaft timing
8qt capacity oil pan
11.0:1 Compression ratio
Tuned composite intake manifold provides efficient air delivery and weight savings
80 mm single bore "drive by wire" throttlebody
Mustang GT 409 stainless-steel tubular exhaust manifolds

Thanks for the clarification! I appreciate the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
RJTheIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2014, 07:41 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTheIV View Post
Thanks for the clarification! I appreciate the help.
Its a strong engine, and most say is good to 500hpr or a tad more on the stock parts,and a stage 1 super charger. But fully forged with better rods gets you into "Deep Space" HPR territory with stage 2 and 3 superchargers
Old 09-08-2014, 07:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
You should put a Chip in it, man ahh tell yew whut

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:12 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Oh, BTW the rods are the "Powder Metal" forged type not the H or I beam Steel you put in for Stage 2+ built work.
Compstall, you cant "Put a chip in it" and you know that, so you must be Funin'
Chips for those that don't know are what you had to do before ODBII came out in 1996, before then just 'bout all beer dudes would say..."Engines' got a chip In It"

Art

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT