Shaker hood or no? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-08-2014, 06:54 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Shaker hood or no?

I have been debating adding a shaker hood scoop to my 2014 GT and wanted to see what others think of the setup. I know it is a cosmetic mod only and that's okay, I put the SHR window louvers on my car so can handle cutting a hole in the hood. Also the car is a garage queen so am not really concerned about driving in foul weather etc.

The thing is I would like to add a supercharger in a few years but don't want to have the added cost of buying another hood, getting it painted etc. I also want to put white stripes on the car and am not sure how the black scoop and trim ring would look. Finally, there's always the chance I could get tired of the car and trade it in so don't want to affect value in a huge way. That said, I do love the way the shaker hood scoop looks. Thoughts?
kingstrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2014, 07:14 PM   #2
VGT

Region: Pennsylvania
No. No No No.
VGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:03 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Um that's helpful
kingstrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2014, 11:21 AM   #4
VGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingstrider View Post
I have been debating adding a shaker hood scoop to my 2014 GT and wanted to see what others think of the setup. Thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VGT View Post
No. No No No.
Quote:
Um that's helpful
Gave you exactly what you requested.
VGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:29 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I love the way the shaker looks also. But also wondering the same thing on the supercharger. I say go for it!! 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Coyote Fever5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:58 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
I have been debating adding a shaker hood scoop to my 2014 GT and wanted to see what others think of the setup. I know it is a cosmetic mod only and that's okay, I put the SHR window louvers on my car so can handle cutting a hole in the hood. Also the car is a garage queen so am not really concerned about driving in foul weather etc.

The thing is I would like to add a supercharger in a few years but don't want to have the added cost of buying another hood, getting it painted etc. I also want to put white stripes on the car and am not sure how the black scoop and trim ring would look. Finally, there's always the chance I could get tired of the car and trade it in so don't want to affect value in a huge way. That said, I do love the way the shaker hood scoop looks. Thoughts?

I think you need to be more specific. Since you said it will be cosmetic, will it be more of a hood ornament where it is attached directly to the hood and does not sit on top of the motor when the hood is raised? If so, I would probably pass on that. There are kits out there for setting up a functional system, that would be more interesting. I did a Google Images search and do like the way the shaker looks on a 13-14 vented hood. I think it looks better than on a 10-12 cowl hood.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 01:02 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mexico
Can I say "No" or will I get in trouble, too?
2014SGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 01:33 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Michael Scott [Steve Carell]: "NO GOD! NO GOD, PLEASE NO, NO, NO, NOOOOO..." [HD] - YouTube

^^^
This!
Brockman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 01:42 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I am putting a CCD shaker hood system on my 2013 GT to make the final 70-71 Mach 1 merged look that the 2013-14 body share with these two cars. I already have the rear aluminum louvers.

While the Shaker hood actually is a real hood scoop that puts air in the air box its really cosmetic only because it does not add HPR. I hope that explains that part of the OPs original post.

Most air is never going to get to that scoops position on a the hood aerodynamically. For True increase it needs to be at the traditional ram air input near the grill, or cowl induction. But it completes the picture for me. I'm going to do it in Jan/Feb hibernation time.

Edit: Also consider if I do later go to a TwinScrew or Root blower, I can get a intake/setup that sticks the blower out the hole in the hood now, just enlarge the hole abit and allow that belt and pulley to be seen and heard
Art
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT