Screwed by California Highway Patrol... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-12-2014, 10:05 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Screwed by California Highway Patrol...

last night I was going to the weekly car meet with some buddies of mine. So were cruising whatever, we reach a red light I'm in the front and my buddy in a white gt is BEHIND ME, light turns green I accelerated quite quickly made it only to about second gear if I remember correctly up until I see a CHP pulling out of a walgreens parking lot immediately led off and put into 5th gear looked at my speedometer and I was at exactly 50mph and the speed limit on that street is luckily 50 mph(keep in mind my car is loud as F@*K!!). So he pulls me and my buddy in the white GT over tells me "Wtf are you doing? Can't be doing that crap out here you're gunna kill someone, take that Sh*t to the track man", goes to his car you know the drill... comes back gives me a ticket for "22350 VC- Unsafe speed" then under that he put "verbal: 23109 w/ white mustang" and then one for no front license plate. My buddy on the other hand gets a fix it ticket for his windows only. So with that being said I'd appreciate it if you guys would share with me on what you guys think of this? I think I got f'd up the @ss without lube...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2014, 10:19 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
He obviously heard you accelerating quickish and thought you were racing. It sucks but it is what it is

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
Old 09-12-2014, 10:23 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
He obviously heard you accelerating quickish and thought you were racing. It sucks but it is what it is

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
Yea I know... I'm most def gunna fight this one he didn't have my on radar so he had no idea how fast I was going bs aside I was right on 50mph and on the racing part he was behind me so idk how you could call that racing... "where the vehicle does not exceed the speed limits, is not a speed contest." I pulled this out of the DMV website
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2014, 10:31 AM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraza43 View Post
Yea I know... I'm most def gunna fight this one he didn't have my on radar so he had no idea how fast I was going bs aside I was right on 50mph and on the racing part he was behind me so idk how you could call that racing... "where the vehicle does not exceed the speed limits, is not a speed contest." I pulled this out of the DMV website
Ah well that might help you out a lot right there. That is a useful law to know

Old 09-12-2014, 10:35 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Every CHP officer I have ever ran into is a complete and total sack of crap. Come to think of it any sheriff in the las cruces area is a sack of crap too
Old 09-12-2014, 10:44 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Did your tires make even the slightest chirp?
Old 09-12-2014, 10:52 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I've seen tickets for "exhibition of acceleration, and exhibition of speed", both related to accelerating too rapidly from a stop. You live with anything you do that draws attention to you and your car. Loud car = expected harassment.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:57 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARgt13 View Post
Did your tires make even the slightest chirp?
I don't remember hearing a chirp honestly
Old 09-12-2014, 11:15 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mayhem View Post
I've seen tickets for "exhibition of acceleration, and exhibition of speed", both related to accelerating too rapidly from a stop. You live with anything you do that draws attention to you and your car. Loud car = expected harassment.

The CHP officer could have used these for the citation, however since he used "excess speed" for the citation and the OP was obviosly not speeding than he can't just charge him with "exibition of acceleration/ unlawful exceleration" if the citation gets thrown out becuase he wasn't speeding. It sounds to me as though the CHP Officer wrote you a ticket for the wrong thing. Although you'll obviously still have to pay the "no front plate" fine.

Let us know how it turns out.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:16 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I would definitely fight it! I think you can win that case. Good luck screw police
Old 09-12-2014, 11:50 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockman66 View Post
The CHP officer could have used these for the citation, however since he used "excess speed" for the citation and the OP was obviosly not speeding than he can't just charge him with "exibition of acceleration/ unlawful exceleration" if the citation gets thrown out becuase he wasn't speeding. It sounds to me as though the CHP Officer wrote you a ticket for the wrong thing. Although you'll obviously still have to pay the "no front plate" fine.

+1

My thoughts exactly.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 09-12-2014, 11:57 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea I'm going to fight it for sure! And the front plate I can get written off haha
Old 09-12-2014, 12:03 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea I'm going to fight it for sure! And the front plate I can get written off haha

Just a word of advice, a lot of guys over on the corvetteforum when I had my C6 would carry their license plates in their trunks still on the brackets and when they got pulled over for no front plate they'd tell the officer, " I'm so sorry, i just left a car show and forgot to put it back on." They said their success rate was rather high as well. Just throwing that out there....
Old 09-12-2014, 12:04 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just a word of advice, a lot of guys over on the corvetteforum when I had my C6 would carry their license plates in their trunks still on the brackets and when they got pulled over for no front plate they'd tell the officer, " I'm so sorry, i just left a car show and forgot to put it back on." They said their success rate was rather high as well. Just throwing that out there....

Damn hahha I carry mine in my trunk
Old 09-12-2014, 12:31 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

What speed did he write on the ticket?
If it isn't above the posted speed limit and he did indeed write "unsafe speed" and the appropriate CVC for that violation, you have a hell of a good chance of winning in court.
The fix-it tickets aren't "free" anymore. Even if you correct the violation, they still charge you a nominal amount. Youll find out how much when your "courtesy" notice arrives.

Agreed that the CHP is nothing more than a bunch of ***** Cal Trans workers that carry guns.
Hell, they're not even capable of working alone at night... There are always two officers to a car as soon as it gets dark. Those boys really need to grow a pair! Even the city cops laugh at them.

Take the little ***** to court and make him explain himself to the judge.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 09-12-2014, 01:10 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
What speed did he write on the ticket?
If it isn't above the posted speed limit and he did indeed write "unsafe speed" and the appropriate CVC for that violation, you have a hell of a good chance of winning in court.
The fix-it tickets aren't "free" anymore. Even if you correct the violation, they still charge you a nominal amount. Youll find out how much when your "courtesy" notice arrives.

Agreed that the CHP is nothing more than a bunch of pussey Cal Trans workers that carry guns.
Hell, they're not even capable of working alone at night... There are always two officers to a car as soon as it gets dark. Those boys really need to grow a pair! Even the city cops laugh at them.

Take the little b!tch to court and make him explain himself to the judge.

Good luck and keep us posted!
He put 50+ in a 50mph zone lmao haha and he didn't even have a radar gun, hahaha yea that cop did have a partner with him haha
Old 09-12-2014, 01:24 PM   #17
Road Trip!

They won't show up to the court date. And if they don't your charges will be dropped.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-12-2014, 01:25 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
He put 50+ in a 50mph zone lmao haha and he didn't even have a radar gun, hahaha yea that cop did have a partner with him haha

But you accelerated "quite quickly" is the problem. If you car was an EV with zero noise then you're fine unless you chirp and spin your tires.

Cops can get you for excessive acceleration that's part of the definition of speeding. Hell imagine a veyron or GTR or 911 Turbo "speeding" at every light at 0-45mph in 1.9 sec or whatever. It's presenting danger to the rest of the general public.

Remember: Just cuz you can doesn't mean you should.

That and he probably thought you were showing off to or racing your buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 09-12-2014, 01:29 PM   #19
Road Trip!

Even if they did...they would half to have proof you were going over 50. Which they can't prove. I've been to several hearings and I've never left with a ticket. They either dont show, or don't have proof.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-12-2014, 01:31 PM   #20
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

50+ could be 51 m.p.h. Get one of the ticket lawyers, they'll make sure you beat it.
'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel
Old 09-12-2014, 01:32 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Look at the ticket.

In the middle, there should be boxes for actual spped, posted speed, and safe speed. What did he write in those boxes? If your speed noted matches, the other boxes, he has nothing really to stand on. It will, however, be a major hassle between notices, appearances, and court.

Sorry brother. I have been hit many times by CHP, last one in my BMW for $585 in 10mph LA traffic.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:33 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Stop posting that video everywhere.
A lot of members on here are law enforcement. A lot of other members have family members who are law enforcement.
It's ignorant and rude.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:35 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
But you accelerated "quite quickly" is the problem. If you car was an EV with zero noise then you're fine unless you chirp and spin your tires.

Cops can get you for excessive acceleration that's part of the definition of speeding. Hell imagine a veyron or GTR or 911 Turbo "speeding" at every light at 0-45mph in 1.9 sec or whatever. It's presenting danger to the rest of the general public.

Remember: Just cuz you can doesn't mean you should.

That and he probably thought you were showing off to or racing your buddy.

I believe I had no chirping and lets say it is "excessive acceleration" don't they drop the case because the officer didn't write that down? its only considered presenting danger if you spin tires, swerve etc.?
Old 09-12-2014, 01:38 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Stop posting that video everywhere.
A lot of members on here are law enforcement. A lot of other members have family members who are law enforcement.
It's ignorant and rude.

And that matters to everybody else because.... Why??

Anyone can say anything about anybody including law enforcement just like you can "ask" people to NOT talk about them..

Judge rules:

• we're in a thread about CHP so we'll just keep talking k? Thanks
Old 09-12-2014, 01:43 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_dredd View Post
And that matters to everybody else because.... Why??

Anyone can say anything about anybody including law enforcement just like you can "ask" people to NOT talk about them..

Judge rules:

• we're in a thread about CHP so we'll just keep talking k? Thanks
No reason to post a video like that on this thread. I reported it and if the mod's agree with my reasoning for why it was reported, then it will be removed. That's how this forum works.

There's also no reason for you to be rude. Take the attitude elsewhere.
You are obviously new on here. There are rules to this forum and what you can/can't post. Something graphic like that which some may find disturbing/offensive can be removed.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:56 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
No reason to post a video like that on this thread. I reported it and if the mod's agree with my reasoning for why it was reported, then it will be removed. That's how this forum works.

There's also no reason for you to be rude. Take the attitude elsewhere.
You are obviously new on here. There are rules to this forum and what you can/can't post. Something graphic like that which some may find disturbing/offensive can be removed.

Lol ok fine. With authority comes the potential of oppression as well as the ability of suppression.

I don't want to be rude or offensive. If sweeping a bit of dirt under a rug will make the world a better place to go round in then sure I'm down for it.

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
california