Would you drive this? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-13-2014, 09:17 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Would you drive this?

Lincoln coupe based on the S550 platform. I know I would. All. Day. Long.

Picture found on Jalopnik, originally from Carscoops.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lincoln MKR.jpg
Views:	740
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	165887  
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2014, 09:33 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
That looks good. I'd drive it
white14v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 09:42 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Ehh it's alright
Sahelmadani is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2014, 09:43 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
of course, who wouldn't. Would I BUY it? certainly not. I could think of 100 cars I would rather have for the price. Given to me or won somehow? Sure for a year then sell it and buy a car I REALLY want.
Cute car, I can see it being female based customers.
TurboCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:05 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I think that personal luxury coupes need to be a thing again. I think they could put maybe the Ecoboost 4 cylinder and the Coyote so that it can keep up with the Mustang but soften the suspension to be more of a grand tourer. I have to say that I think this is definitely prettier than the Mustang.

EDIT: And call it the Lincoln Zephyr Fastback.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
Old 09-14-2014, 09:31 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I 100% agree!! Lincoln could absolutely get into the luxurious performance market, competing with Cadillac and BMW and Mercedes! Just take the 5.2 Voodoo motor, an adjustable suspension and steering system, big carbon ceramic brakes and some Michelin pilot super sports and you've got good foundation to make a name in that market with a Lincoln vehicle. Sell it for bout $75k

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:23 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
I 100% agree!! Lincoln could absolutely get into the luxurious performance market, competing with Cadillac and BMW and Mercedes! Just take the 5.2 Voodoo motor, an adjustable suspension and steering system, big carbon ceramic brakes and some Michelin pilot super sports and you've got good foundation to make a name in that market with a Lincoln vehicle. Sell it for bout $75k

That's what I'm thinking. Cadillac doesn't have competition domestically. This could hypothetically be Lincoln's halo performance car. Selling it for 75 would definitely make sure that it wouldn't compete with the Mustang itself. It would be sold to a different demographic.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:

Lincoln, listen to this guy right here!
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:02 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
I think that personal luxury coupes need to be a thing again. I think they could put maybe the Ecoboost 4 cylinder and the Coyote so that it can keep up with the Mustang but soften the suspension to be more of a grand tourer. I have to say that I think this is definitely prettier than the Mustang.

EDIT: And call it the Lincoln Zephyr Fastback.
Lincolns biggest problem is identity... Ford has been "naming" the vehicles with letters and it makes it difficult to differentiate between the vehicles. I couldn't, for the life of me, tell you what the difference between a MKS and a MKV or a MKZ are.. I'll bet that half of the people that own them can't either.

Yep, that Mustang based Lincoln should appeal to the upper middle-class, empty-nester Moms who are sick of driving around in SUV's for the past 20 or so years.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:30 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
BMW has been doing it for years and they don't seem to be having an issue with identity. Everybody knows what an M3 is

08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:35 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
BMW has been doing it for years and they don't seem to be having an issue with identity. Everybody knows what an M3 is

So has Porsche.
That's the problem... Lincoln has NOT been doing it for years.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 10:58 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

So many brands do letter/number designations rather than actual names anymore because it's seen as an unnecessary expense to license actual names anymore. Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, Cadillac, and on and on. Lincoln just needs to decide what it is. Is it a performance luxury company like Cadillac or a lux-o-barge company? Or something in between? Hard to say. It can't play with the big boys (MB, BMW) yet, and it's probably most wise for them to go the luxury performance route, a la the above pic! Lol
Old 09-14-2014, 11:07 PM   #13
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I think i might have found my DD after i graduate college in 2.5 years lol

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:47 AM   #14
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
I'd totally drive that! I didn't know they were planning on coming out with a Lincoln based on the s550 until this past week. Sexy! That is probably built to be marketed for my age group lol.
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 04:37 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
So many brands do letter/number designations rather than actual names anymore because it's seen as an unnecessary expense to license actual names anymore. Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, Cadillac, and on and on. Lincoln just needs to decide what it is. Is it a performance luxury company like Cadillac or a lux-o-barge company? Or something in between? Hard to say. It can't play with the big boys (MB, BMW) yet, and it's probably most wise for them to go the luxury performance route, a la the above pic! Lol
Not why. They are named in stupid meaningless things for one reason. To associate with something else...

"I drive a 320i"
"Wtf is that?"

"I drive a BMW..."
"Ooo, a BMW..."

I can't speak to the other companies, but in Ford One (magazine for Ford employees) they openly said they were dropping names (Like Zephyr) for letters, so their owners can say I drive a LINCOLN rather than a I drive a Zypher.

I love this thing. Seriously. A lot. There might be something wrong with me...lol. I said in one of the other threads on this render from car scoop (other than rumors floating at NAIAS, it doesn't exist) that if it holds the same price difference as a Ford vs Lincoln, the same base features as a Ford vs Lincoln, and offers a standard- I will be getting one.

Don't know why in the world they would charge 75k for it. The original GTR wasn't that much, the GT500s have never been that much, an RS3 isn't, Corvette, SRT anything (besides viper), the CTS-V is 10k cheaper! How in the world would Lincoln sell that?

I won't act like I know the solution to boosting Lincoln sales, but the value is there. Reliability is there. They lack unique, innovative, and RWD- in my opinion. Cadillac thinks ridiculous pricing is fine. It would be fine, IF they didn't admit they could be sold for less. They think people will slowly learn they are worth it. Maybe. Regardless of what anyone else is doing, Lincoln needs to make adjustments, if not big changes.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:03 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
I'd totally drive that! I didn't know they were planning on coming out with a Lincoln based on the s550 until this past week. Sexy! That is probably built to be marketed for my age group lol.

Wait...they are actually building a Lincoln on this platform? The pic I posted is just an unofficial rendering. I haven't heard anything on this end.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:42 PM   #17
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Wait...they are actually building a Lincoln on this platform? The pic I posted is just an unofficial rendering. I haven't heard anything on this end.

I'm not sure. I think it's still just a prototype thing. I'd really be sweet if they do this.

Sent from my iPhone 5s with iOS 8.0, but I can't really tell the difference, so it could be iOS 7.0 :dunno:
Old 09-21-2014, 06:04 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lincoln coupe based on the S550 platform. I know I would. All. Day. Long.

Picture found on Jalopnik, originally from Carscoops.
All day long. That's very nice

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:28 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Render. Carscoop.com fantasy. Article is posted in one of the other threads, if I see it I will bring it by.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:15 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Ehh, it's just OK. I personally wouldn't go domestic for a luxury car. Cadillac has gotten better, but Lincoln is just OK.

I'd still buy one of the Big Four over this.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT