New Mustang owner - Opinions welcome - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-15-2014, 02:16 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I would paint the calipers a black color or white...you can get brembo decals that look exactly like stock from ebay and put them on there and make yours unique. Also, I have to agree. White wheels get dirty very quickly. I would go maybe black CS1 wheels or similar. Personally, if lowering it at all you should get a panhard bar. If going lower..such as eibach sportlines, I would suggest getting lower control arms and relocation brackets as well.

Depends on all what you want to do. I daily drive my car and go to car shows as much as I am able to. Have engine dress up as well. Roush side splitters make a big difference and give it a more aggressive look. The possibilites are endless. Just research a lot before purchasing anything.

rockhillgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2014, 03:06 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renuco612 View Post
So springs should be just fine? No need for a panhard bar?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Every cars different. You can install the springs and determine if you need a Panhard bar after. Usually just by eye.

'13 Fastlane Stage 3 Whipple-JLT 127-FRPP Springs-GT Quad-20"True Forge Chicanes-Custom Katskin Interior-Etc...
2013 Mustang GT Fastlane Stage 3 Race Red-Matte Black GT 500 Stripes-2.3 Whipple-20" TF Chicanes-R888's-Brembos-Slotted/Drilled-Custom Katskin interior-Suspension and other goodies...603/498 http://youtu.be/wa73L4lF3Ws
Fastlane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 06:26 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Nice looking ride
utm18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2014, 07:15 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
2014 DIB 3.7 w/ sport shift "Blue Cyclone"

I put Shelby razors by American Racing, that white & red stripes is really sharp.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tn_Yokohama and Shelby's 002.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	166532  
Old 09-20-2014, 08:37 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentman43 View Post
I see they wasted a lot of taxpayer money on the 4th mustang pic.
Devil Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 11:27 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
IMO, the car needs nothing.
JOberlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:15 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
New Mustang owner - Opinions welcome

I have a set of JLT oil separators on my GT, the passenger side is the only one you need. My drivers side is bone dry, hasn't collected anything in over 3000 miles. Have drained over a tablespoon from the passenger side.
I installed the Steeda springs, adjustable panhard bar, panhard bar brace, subframe braces, billet lower control arms, and rear shock tower X brace that lets you keep the rear seat. Very happy with the mods, tightens up the rear end and makes the car less jumpy over bumps. I plan on installing the Steeda CAI, but am going to wait a while as the required tune will void the power train warranty.

Also very happy with the MGW shifter, you should at the very least upgrade the shift box rear support, the factory piece is garbage and allows too much play, causing deflection and missed shifts.
Jd431x1f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:02 AM   #43

Region: Kentucky
Had a nice sunset yesterday evening and I had about 30 minutes to spare, so I grabbed a few of my lights and did a few quick shots of my car. I needed to have something decent to put up, considering I'm a professional photographer by trade. I'll be doing more as I add to the car.
pandp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 09:24 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Man that shot is awesome !!!!! Nice work I'm going to save it as one of my wall papers

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
dentman43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 09:31 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentman43 View Post
Man that shot is awesome !!!!! Nice work I'm going to save it as one of my wall papers

Thanks man!

I'm thinking about having the wheels powder coated gloss black - like an ink black. I think gloss black shows a lot more depth than matte and would look pretty awesome on this car. Would I need more black accent parts on the car, though? Only other glossy black pieces are the tail lights and the decklid panel.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:45 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
That would be a nice touch

dentman43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:07 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOberlander View Post
IMO, the car needs nothing.
Agreed.

Though red calipers with white "BREMBO" would look cool.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:13 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Have you thought of chrome plating your wheels? My 14 looks better with the polished wheels than it did with the dark ones. Get positive comments all the time.

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1412003281.474771.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	167047

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1412003378.298093.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	167048

Jd431x1f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:54 AM   #49
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Strider View Post
I see they wasted a lot of taxpayer money on the 4th mustang pic.
What taxpayer money? This car was privately built and sold at auction to raise money for the Young Eagles program.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 12:15 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac3 View Post
What taxpayer money? This car was privately built and sold at auction to raise money for the Young Eagles program.

He's referring to the use of the U.S.A.F. in promoting the car as inspired by the U.S.A.F. Thunderbirds.

He's probably right. Not everyone wants to allocate a part of their tax portion to help fundraise for a good cause.

I'm ok either way. I just prefer the damn government to spend my portion to help with programs that strengthens the economy so that businesses and people in general will be more prosperous and thus an across the board increase in donations will likely happen even without having a specialty item be auctioned.

But given the fact that bureaucracy is wasting money anyway and not likely to be able to change anything then sure charity is just as good as any expense.

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 12:34 PM   #51
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
You can buy G2 caliper paint and Brembo decals on flea bay. These are how mine looked before I sold them:

'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel
TommyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:29 PM   #52
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
He's referring to the use of the U.S.A.F. in promoting the car as inspired by the U.S.A.F. Thunderbirds.

He's probably right. Not everyone wants to allocate a part of their tax portion to help fundraise for a good cause.

I'm ok either way. I just prefer the damn government to spend my portion to help with programs that strengthens the economy so that businesses and people in general will be more prosperous and thus an across the board increase in donations will likely happen even without having a specialty item be auctioned.

But given the fact that bureaucracy is wasting money anyway and not likely to be able to change anything then sure charity is just as good as any expense.
I'm not sure that either of you are clear about this project. There was no taxpayer money involved. The money made in the auction did not go to any government program. The Thunderbirds, like the Blue Angels and Golden Knights are public relations organizations established to present the military to the public in a positive light. They had no more to do with this project than to simply provide an inspiration for a paint scheme. Ford Motor Company built the car and sold it to raise funds for a civilian program run by the EAA for young people to develop an interest in aviation.

While I agree with your distain of wasting taxpayer money, the government cannot spend OUR money to strengthen the economy, it can simply get out of the way and stop regulating everything to death. Let us keep more of it and spend it how we see fit, that will strengthen the economy.

Meanwhile, here is the full story of that car (2014 VIN00001): The Ford Donated U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds Edition Ford Mustang R ... - Press Release
Old 09-29-2014, 02:22 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac3 View Post
I'm not sure that either of you are clear about this project. There was no taxpayer money involved. The money made in the auction did not go to any government program. The Thunderbirds, like the Blue Angels and Golden Knights are public relations organizations established to present the military to the public in a positive light. They had no more to do with this project than to simply provide an inspiration for a paint scheme. Ford Motor Company built the car and sold it to raise funds for a civilian program run by the EAA for young people to develop an interest in aviation.

While I agree with your distain of wasting taxpayer money, the government cannot spend OUR money to strengthen the economy, it can simply get out of the way and stop regulating everything to death. Let us keep more of it and spend it how we see fit, that will strengthen the economy.

Meanwhile, here is the full story of that car (2014 VIN00001): The Ford Donated U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds Edition Ford Mustang R ... - Press Release

They are still government entities and thus funded by governmental budgets which are funded by taxes and fees. Thus our tax money in some part did inadvertently go into this charity event in part. Unless they aren't government entities.

The whole government cannot use our money to strengthen the economy argument is just grossly inaccurate. Provision of stimulus packages, lowering of its own expenses thus allowing the possibility for tax cuts due to a decrease in fiscal budget requirements, provision of monies and other services and resources in the form of grants for businesses/education/research, allocation of money to crime prevention of both violent and financial crimes to bolster public safety and trust, and hell, even by maybe widening some highways or arterial roads so that the flow of commerce traffic shortens the travel times of commuters thus, for example, by saving 15 minutes a day you will increase total productivity as an estimate (15min x 1 million people = 250,000 gross hours of labor).

There's a lot the government can do with "our" money.

But I do concur with your libertarian argument of over regulation wholeheartedly.

Old 09-29-2014, 03:12 PM   #54
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
They are still government entities and thus funded by governmental budgets which are funded by taxes and fees. Thus our tax money in some part did inadvertently go into this charity event in part. Unless they aren't government entities.
The T-Birds are indeed a government agency, but again, they did not have a single thing to do with this project other than exist. Ford honors military units with projects like this on a regular basis. No government money was spent here. This was a 100% commercial non-government project. Did you read the Ford article?

The whole government......hours of labor).

There's a lot the government can do with "our" money

In theory, but waste and poor choices seem to keep rising to the surface.

But I do concur with your libertarian argument of over regulation wholeheartedly

In the end I tend to think we probably see things the same way. There has simply been a misunderstanding about this "FoMoCo" special project.

Truce
Old 09-29-2014, 06:09 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

The T-Birds are indeed a government agency, but again, they did not have a single thing to do with this project other than exist. Ford honors military units with projects like this on a regular basis. No government money was spent here. This was a 100% commercial non-government project. Did you read the Ford article?

They took time to pose for pictures or perhaps provided specifications and communicated with FoMoCo. I'm sure they arranged some planes during the auction or even provided a flyby. The article didn't say specifically who footed the bill for the time that was spent by the personnel by the Thunderbirds. All the article said was FoMoCo sponsored which doesn't necessarily mean 100% of the cost including the flybys, etc. Essentially manpower/fuel spent equals money unless FoMoCo paid for it all which the article is not clear about.

Yes I concur but they are doing everything that I have stated in some respect already or have in the past. Your statement was that it cannot spend our money to strengthen the economy and can only get out of the way. So it's not a theory whether they can or cannot do those things. It's just applying whatever resources the best way possible. But sadly it's like trying to stop the bleeding of a severed leg with a box of Disney themed bandages. Lol we're screwed.

In the end I tend to think we probably see things the same way. There has simply been a misunderstanding about this "FoMoCo" special project.

Truce

No thanks for the flowers. I'll take a beer tho lol

Old 09-30-2014, 01:51 PM   #56
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Obviously, you live in North Texas, where am I going to have to come to buy you that beer? I'm just south of Fort Worth.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:58 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I feel like I need to put on a white haired wig with huge curls on the sides and a ponytail, then brush up on my skills using the word "thus" before I respond.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 03:09 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Opens the scroll, " Dos thus have thou a mug of ale for me and me mate, for he hath been pitched in battle for a fortnight and has the king's thirst for the frosty brew dos thou might have for thus!"

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 05:19 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Holy moly that's a beautiful car. No joke, that's the exact color combination I wanted including the stripes but my wife talked me out of it lol. Looking forward to seeing what you do to it.
kingstrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:50 PM   #60

Thanks king. Got my gt500 exhaust on today, as well as installed my steeda CAI and steeda tune. Amazing difference. It's like driving a different car. Loving it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 10-03-2014, 08:48 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
My problem is the GT500 exhaust killed my MPG.

Ok, it's 100% my fault not the exhaust's fault. I just love to hit the gas really hard, so I can hear it roar!

c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:03 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Your going to get +100 different opinions on what to do. I ask the same question when I got my new mustang.

1) Do whatever you going to do to the suspension. That way you can get a better feel for how the car will handle.
2) Exhaust. Headers, Catted or Non Catted X Pipes and Axlebacks.
3) Aluminum Driveshaft, Tuner and CAI.
4) Tires and Wheels.
5) Any other outside exterior parts. Lovers, Side Scoops, etc.
6) Engine Customization. This will depend on your budget.
7) Anything else....

Good Luck and Congrats on your New Mustang!
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 10:58 PM   #63
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:

They took time to pose for pictures or perhaps provided specifications and communicated with FoMoCo. I'm sure they arranged some planes during the auction or even provided a flyby. The article didn't say specifically who footed the bill for the time that was spent by the personnel by the Thunderbirds. All the article said was FoMoCo sponsored which doesn't necessarily mean 100% of the cost including the flybys, etc. Essentially manpower/fuel spent equals money unless FoMoCo paid for it all which the article is not clear about.

Yes I concur but they are doing everything that I have stated in some respect already or have in the past. Your statement was that it cannot spend our money to strengthen the economy and can only get out of the way. So it's not a theory whether they can or cannot do those things. It's just applying whatever resources the best way possible. But sadly it's like trying to stop the bleeding of a severed leg with a box of Disney themed bandages. Lol we're screwed.

Truce

Both of you guys are crazy. Do you have economics degrees?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:12 AM   #64
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
Both of you guys are crazy. Do you have economics degrees?
No, I spent 22 years in the USAF and have been an aviation photographer for over 40 years. I know how the military works.

I do think however, by his comments that Dallastang definitely knows about what makes the economy tick.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT