Learn How To Park!?! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-20-2014, 10:00 AM   #36
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I would "MOVE" if the parking was bad where I lived.

There is no way I would live in a place that did not provide decent parking. That is one of the first things I would look for before signing a lease. Most of the apartment buildings don't have wide enough spaces for you to park without having a problem opening the door wide enough to get out without hitting the car next to you. It is wrong but that is something to check before you even think about moving in.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2014, 04:01 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I actually tend to park closer to the driver side since I already know I'm super careful getting out. But I don't know if the guy on the other side when getting out or getting in.

Bullitts are better than Bullets
I look at it like this - If any damage has to be done to my car, I'd rather it be on the passenger side. So, every time I get in my car (which is a lot, DD) I don't have to be constantly reminded of it.

But, usually I'm lucky enough to find a corner spot or park next to a smaller car... Never trucks - f to the uck no (no offense, I do like trucks).
Old 09-21-2014, 10:58 AM   #38
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

What the OP needs is:::::

One of those cars that park themselves. They always park perfect between the lines. Then he would not get notes on his car.
Ronnie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2014, 02:03 PM   #39
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: Europe
Keep it civil guys. Thread will be closed if it keeps up.

OP, IMO, someone thought the right side of your car was too close to their door or they had a "claimed" spot and are butthurt. I'd park in the middle of the spot just so some jackass does not pull up next to you on the right and swing the door open and ding your right side because ppl are oblivious.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 02:05 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Keep it civil guys. Thread will be closed if it keeps up.

OP, IMO, someone thought the right side of your car was too close to their door or they had a "claimed" spot and are butthurt. I'd park in the middle of the spot just so some jackass does not pull up next to you on the right and swing the door open and ding your right side because ppl are oblivious.

OP Scotty is absolutely right. Some ppl are oblivious

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:36 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Sorry to say this OP, but 90% of ppl could care less about their own car, especially others. If u depend on others parking correct l, u will have tons more dings. If u really cared about your car and try not to be "that guy" u should find a end spot or somewhere safe from ppl who can care less

gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:56 AM   #42
Staff
Regular
Staff

Honestly, I couldn't imagine having a nice car in an apt complex... i just couldn't. When I lived in the dorms I had a 91GT that I really kept clean and then one night some jackass just threw his car in reverse and floored it out of his spot without even looking. Yeah. Took the $2500 his insurance quoted me, pocketed it, sold the car as a donor car and bought a beater. I did not get another nice car till I moved into a legit house with roomates and took the smallest bedroom in exchange for me getting the garage.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:10 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

I'm going to state the obvious - but its a well-known fact that college students are currently the absolute worst at caring for or maintaining their's and others' vehicles.

So hopefully if you're currently a college student with a 'nice car' (especially living on campus), hopefully you've got $$$ to protect your investment (premium parking).
Old 09-22-2014, 11:17 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
I'm going to state the obvious - but its a well-known fact that college students are currently the absolute worst at caring for or maintaining their's and others' vehicles.

So hopefully if you're currently a college student with a 'nice car' (especially living on campus), hopefully you've got $$$ to protect your investment (premium parking).
Exactly what I did. Reserved parking, and either find an end space, or park next to the stairs, so that I have plenty of room to park, no one on my driver side, and lots of space on my passenger side.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:19 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I'm not a college student thankfully. If I was there'd be no way I'd ever live on campus. The apartment I live in are not that bad. I had no problems when I had my C6. I don't know what the problem is now. I adjusted fire and park wayyy down in the lower lot now between two semi trucks that haven't moved in the two years I've lived here. A personal guarded spot all to myself.
Brockman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:00 PM   #46
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
I thought you meant anywhere you go, not just school.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

If it's anywhere I go then I park out near no cars lol. Just don't have that option at school.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:01 PM   #47
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:

Yea no such thing as premium parking at my school. They give you a sticker and tell you what lots you can park in, and they are always packed.

HID end all thread
Old 09-22-2014, 12:31 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I am also a college student. I do everything I can to take care of my car and always park away from people whenever possible. When it's not possible, I still try to park right in the middle of the lane to minimize the chance of some dumb *** giving me a door ding.

Unfortunately, I discovered a door ding on my car last week. I really hate stupid people that drive ugly, boring, generic cars that they don't car about. These are the people that damage our cars.
meantang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:39 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
If it's anywhere I go then I park out near no cars lol. Just don't have that option at school.

It always seems as though no matter where I park my cars, even if I park way at the end of the lot 20 spaces away from any othr car. I'll walk out from whatever I'm doing and they'll be another car parked right next to me. It always happens to be some little ricer car, too. Some slammed Civic or riced out Golf GTI. Truth be told though, I'd rather they park next to me than a mom in a minivan with her pack of snot gobblins flinging open their doors without a care in the world.
Brockman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:49 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by meantang View Post
I am also a college student. I do everything I can to take care of my car and always park away from people whenever possible. When it's not possible, I still try to park right in the middle of the lane to minimize the chance of some dumb *** giving me a door ding.

Unfortunately, I discovered a door ding on my car last week. I really hate stupid people that drive ugly, boring, generic cars that they don't car about. These are the people that damage our cars.

Lol yeah I always park on the end or in a spot with a zoned off walkway for people.

This one time I parked on the line that separates the pedestrian walkway and my spot and gave the next spot at least 5 foot but this stupid lady still parked next to me real close and dinged my car. I saw her get in her car from where I was sitting at Starbucks and practically felt the ding as I looked. She took off before I could get out the door to stop her.

Sometimes no matter what you do you get screwed lol

Old 09-22-2014, 12:55 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockman66 View Post
It always seems as though no matter where I park my cars, even if I park way at the end of the lot 20 spaces away from any othr car. I'll walk out from whatever I'm doing and they'll be another car parked right next to me. It always happens to be some little ricer car, too. Some slammed Civic or riced out Golf GTI. Truth be told though, I'd rather they park next to me than a mom in a minivan with her pack of snot gobblins flinging open their doors without a care in the world.

Worse is some little old lady. One time good thing I got out of dinner in time. I swear I got to my car just as this little old 150 year old great great great great grandlady was about to get out of her car. She was parked with barely two feet of space between her car and mine. For sure it woulda been a whack job on the passenger door.

She parked in the handicap spot. I like to park next to handicap spots cuz they have a whole empty space worth usually to one side of the car and on the chance that someone needs the handi spot they usually compensate by parking further towards to zoned off space if I'm there. Win win situation.

Old 09-22-2014, 12:57 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Lol yeah I always park on the end or in a spot with a zoned off walkway for people.

This one time I parked on the line that separates the pedestrian walkway and my spot and gave the next spot at least 5 foot but this stupid lady still parked next to me real close and dinged my car. I saw her get in her car from where I was sitting at Starbucks and practically felt the ding as I looked. She took off before I could get out the door to stop her.

I'm sorry, man. Yeah, I wish we lived in a society where people actually cared about cars.
meantang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 01:47 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Learn How To Park!?!

Quote:

Now I will give you something else to think about that will drive you crazy. Never happened to me, but I always think about it.

Park next to a pedestrian walkway increases your chances of some jealous person walking by to just nonchalantly and inconspicuously drag their keys along your car, or anything else they may be carrying, even if unintentionally.

GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:02 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Now I will give you something else to think about that will drive you crazy. Never happened to me, but I always think about it.

Park next to a pedestrian walkway increases your chances of some jealous person walking by to just nonchalantly and inconspicuously drag their keys along your car, or anything else they may be carrying, even if unintentionally.

Very true but usually these walkways are right in front of some store and highly visible so there's usually a deterrent. I think it may be worse if you park in a far off spot away from view. If they really want to or have the balls to key your car they would do it to a far away car.

But yeah what I need to worry about are people with flingy purses that might scrape the car. But usually the walkways are wide enough for two people

Old 09-22-2014, 02:25 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No premium parking offered from my university. Its always packed by the time I get to school. Specifically Monday's and Wednesday's, I have class at 11:45 am; rarely a free spot at this hour. So what I do is, I know there's a school parking lot waaaay out there. Not many park at this lot since its so far away, knowing this I head out to that parking lot every time even if I have the permit to park closer. There's a shuttle bus to give me a ride and drop me off at the university but I don't mind the walking at all, its good for you

Only downside is if it rains, I'm getting soaked but then if it does rain I can wait for the shuttle bus.

Tuesday's and Thursday's are a different story, I have class late in the afternoon so there's more parking spots. Throughout the whole university there's only 4 parallel parking spaces, if ones free I take it. Those spots are a pretty good size, not to mention mustangs and camaros are usually the ones that park there.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:15 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic14 View Post
No premium parking offered from my university. Its always packed by the time I get to school. Specifically Monday's and Wednesday's, I have class at 11:45 am; rarely a free spot at this hour. So what I do is, I know there's a school parking lot waaaay out there. Not many park at this lot since its so far away, knowing this I head out to that parking lot every time even if I have the permit to park closer. There's a shuttle bus to give me a ride and drop me off at the university but I don't mind the walking at all, its good for you

Only downside is if it rains, I'm getting soaked but then if it does rain I can wait for the shuttle bus.

Tuesday's and Thursday's are a different story, I have class late in the afternoon so there's more parking spots. Throughout the whole university there's only 4 parallel parking spaces, if ones free I take it. Those spots are a pretty good size, not to mention mustangs and camaros are usually the ones that park there.

I can imagine u would concentrate better in class, knowing u won't have so much going around ur car... Super worth it

gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:36 PM   #57
Staff
Regular
Staff

You could always go to a private liberal arts college, where half the students have nicer cars than the faculty lol. Although not much actual useful learning going on there unless you are staying in education.

Old 09-23-2014, 01:46 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

When I said 'premium parking' I meant it as general as possible. Money talks...

Ex: say your dorm or apartment has assigned parking. Find someone who was lucky enough to be assigned to or has an end spot. Ask them if they're willing to trade spots with you if you work out a deal with them or something. Whether that's you giving them $20/wk for their spot or a simple trade - its something you can do to minimize potential damage to your vehicle in a "bad" area.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:51 AM   #59
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
The guy didn't have to squeeze in there though. There were plenty of spaces open. That's what irritates me the most. It's like they went looking for a problem.

When I park the car in public parking lots I always park in a way out of the way spot and it never fails that when I walk out of wherever I'm at theres a little piece of crap ricer or some minivan parked next to me. It was just as bad when I had my C6. It's like I can never win!
Easy solution. Leave the 'stang at home, and drive a "beater". I used to get uptight and unwound when I drove the Mustang around. To date, it does not have one door ding; I own a home, and have the luxury of parking it in a garage. When its "out", I find end spots whenever possible, or another nice car to carefully park next to, as "nice car" drivers are usually respectful of others.

I ended up buying a 2000 Ford Ranger, as my 'beater' vehicle. Its got just the right fade of dull paint to add to its patina; this seems to be cool now with all the rat rods and trucks being built with this in mind.

If the truck gets a ding, it adds to its character, and I figure I saved my Mustang or someone elses pristeen car from that ding.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:33 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
I can imagine u would concentrate better in class, knowing u won't have so much going around ur car... Super worth it

It does give me peace of mind. Concentrating in class yeah a bit. Hard to concentrate when all my classes are mainly 3/4 females haha

Quote:
...say your dorm or apartment has assigned parking. Find someone who was lucky enough to be assigned to or has an end spot. Ask them if they're willing to trade spots with you if you work out a deal with them or something. Whether that's you giving them $20/wk for their spot or a simple trade - its something you can do to minimize potential damage to your vehicle in a "bad" area.
Ah, when you put it that way I don't have to worry. I don't live on campus or apartment but yeah money does talk.

In the end, if one can't get a better spot one has to deal with it. If one uses their stang as a daily driver it faces more of a risk being dinged and what not; hopefully it never happens. I'm lucky enough, here many people don't park at far spots and most people respect someone else's property...even if they have a beat up car. But still when I can't park far away I make a a good selection where to park, usually by a "nice car" can't be too safe.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:36 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

LMAO

http://www.break.com/article/corvett...arking-2763633

Old 09-23-2014, 08:01 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
LMAO

Corvette Owner Gets Owned By Jeep With Bad Parking | Break.com

That's just ignorance. That rich dbag had an end spot with AMPLE room (wasn't one of those parking lots with tight spaces), yet he still took two spots.

I can't think of any situation when it is appropriate to park like that.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:09 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's just ignorance. That rich dbag had an end spot with AMPLE room (wasn't one of those parking lots with tight spaces), yet he still took two spots.

I can't think of any situation when it is appropriate to park like that.

If you're Don Corleone or Tony Soprano or the real life version of them then sure...

Old 09-23-2014, 10:08 PM   #64
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Learn How To Park!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
You could always go to a private liberal arts college, where half the students have nicer cars than the faculty lol. Although not much actual useful learning going on there unless you are staying in education.

Nope. That's exactly where I go and my car got messed with more than at my ghetto high school. Also it's a liberal arts college but they have one of the best business programs on the west coast.

HID end all thread
Old 09-23-2014, 10:28 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Talk about learning how to park. So much for the best 4 spots in school...ugh
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1411529272576.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	166789   Click image for larger version

Name:	1411529284053.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	166790  

Old 09-24-2014, 12:01 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Really Lucky

Quote:
I woke up this morning to head to work and found a note on my windsheild that read, "learn how to park." First thing I did, obviously, was look for any type of vandilism. Then, I looked at my parking job to see how "bad" it was. I was parked perfectly straight, although my passenger side tires where touching the line. It was practically a text book parking job! I always park a little off center since our doors are a little longer than a 4-door car's.

Tonight, when I get home I'm thinking about testing the waters and truely double parking just to be a "Richard."

I think you were very fortunate that someone left you a note and didn't leave one on your paint job! I don't think you will be that Lucky next time.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:33 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingstrider View Post
Hey... That hurt my feels
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 01:16 PM   #68
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Nope. That's exactly where I go and my car got messed with more than at my ghetto high school. Also it's a liberal arts college but they have one of the best business programs on the west coast.

Actually, yeah business, language and some communications stuff are pretty good at the liberal arts college my wife and I went to. However, we both saw way too many ppl who were just going to school because Mom and Dad say "society says you go to college so you're going to college". Racking up $40k a year in tuition/room/board and then having no marketable skill when they get out. Mortar Board off, McDonald's cap on.

With that said, I was just up there to meet with someone and I drive into the parking lot and there are BMWs, Land Rovers, Lexuses (Lexii?) and even some brand new 5.0s in the student section. And I go "oh, it must be someone going back for their Master's degree". No, some 18 yr old kid gets out of the 5.0 or some 19 yr old girl who clearly thinks she is a Princess gets out of a BMW 5 series. Fml...

edit: Also, this is why I would not have much of a problem leaving my Mustang in that parking lot. Not over by the fraternities but in the commuter lot, there are a LOT nicer cars parked there than a Mustang.

Old 09-27-2014, 09:12 AM   #69
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Never take up two spaces. "EVER"

Check it out:

A very good reason not to take up two spaces or park to close to the line.
Ronnie
Old 09-27-2014, 09:19 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Check it out:

A very good reason not to take up two spaces or park to close to the line.

Ronnie

You sometimes wonder if this stuff has to be staged. First, who would do that with their own vehicle, and second, stay there? Needless to say, cameras are everywhere nowadays.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT