Learn How To Park!?! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-18-2014, 09:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Learn How To Park!?!

I woke up this morning to head to work and found a note on my windsheild that read, "learn how to park." First thing I did, obviously, was look for any type of vandilism. Then, I looked at my parking job to see how "bad" it was. I was parked perfectly straight, although my passenger side tires where touching the line. It was practically a text book parking job! I always park a little off center since our doors are a little longer than a 4-door car's.

Everybody in the apartment complex knows it's my car. Why not just have the testicular fortitude to sign your name. Or, better yet, park somewhere else! There were plenty of parking spots!

Tonight, when I get home I'm thinking about testing the waters and truely double parking just to be a "Richard."

Brockman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2014, 10:03 AM   #2
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
so you tires were touching the line and you think that was textbook?

Sorry, I'm sure that ain't the answer you were looking for. If possible park at the far end of the lot so it don't matter how you park (bonus of avoiding door dings)
Old 09-18-2014, 10:08 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post

Sorry, I'm sure that ain't the answer you were looking for. If possible park at the far end of the lot so it don't matter how you park (bonus of avoiding door dings)

There are handicapped spaces at the "far end of the lot." Not an option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2014, 10:18 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:

I would have to agree. Putting your tires on the line also puts your car in greater danger of door dings from that side.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
GrabberMeBlue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:23 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
This is why my place has a garage.
kingstrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:23 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
I would have to agree. Putting your tires on the line also puts your car in greater danger of door dings from that side.

Agreed

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-18-2014, 10:24 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

The guy didn't have to squeeze in there though. There were plenty of spaces open. That's what irritates me the most. It's like they went looking for a problem.

When I park the car in public parking lots I always park in a way out of the way spot and it never fails that when I walk out of wherever I'm at theres a little piece of crap ricer or some minivan parked next to me. It was just as bad when I had my C6. It's like I can never win!
Old 09-18-2014, 10:37 AM   #8
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
I will admit to laughing that they put they handicaped spots at the far end of the lot.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:45 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I will admit to laughing that they put they handicaped spots at the far end of the lot.

The far end of the lot is where the office is. I guess that's why.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:47 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockman66 View Post
The guy didn't have to squeeze in there though. There were plenty of spaces open. That's what irritates me the most. It's like they went looking for a problem.

When I park the car in public parking lots I always park in a way out of the way spot and it never fails that when I walk out of wherever I'm at theres a little piece of crap ricer or some minivan parked next to me. It was just as bad when I had my C6. It's like I can never win!

You didn't mention if the other car was still there. If it was, they probably parked there just to prove their point, and parked close to you. It was also probably a car they don't care much about. My best advice is to admit you could have done a better job parking, realize there are people out there watching you and are probably jealous of your car, and just park properly next time. Don't try to make a point by double-parking, you have way more to lose than they do. Especially if it happened later at night, raises the odds of alcohol involvement, poor reasoning on their part, and courage to do something bad to your car.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:14 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Really just over the line? Or just over the line like this? Lol

I would park like a total a hat, take three spaces, and watch your car. See if anyone does anything, and when you are done watching, fix it, obviously, or of there aren't any spots open, fix it, but if you want to know who did it, that should lead you down the path lol

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1411060350381.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	166379  

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 12:43 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Really just over the line? Or just over the line like this? Lol

I would park like a total a hat, take three spaces, and watch your car. See if anyone does anything, and when you are done watching, fix it, obviously, or of there aren't any spots open, fix it, but if you want to know who did it, that should lead you down the path lol

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
I wasn't parked over the line. The passenger side tires were just inside the line in my space. I was still in my space. I'm assuming the car that was parked next to me this morning was the one who left the note. It could have been someone who didn't think they could squeeze in there and left the note.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:09 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Maybe they were fat and needed to open their doors more. Fatties need more room.
Stangholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:39 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangholio View Post
Maybe they were fat and needed to open their doors more. Fatties need more room.
kingstrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:51 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
If they took time out of their day to 'write you a note' about your 'parking job' ... You win. You really ruined some dumbass's day.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:44 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Agreed!

Good luck with that "I'll show them & double park" idea, OP. You may come out to find your car keyed with "You park like an a5*hole."

First off, you were wrong. If you're actually far enough over to touch the line, then the spot adjacent to you would be too tight. So you are practically double parked already. And you do need to learn how to park!!

Second, if you're going to do that you need to be at the end of a row. That's actually what I always TRY to do. Park and the end of a row with my passenger side to the outside. (back in if needed) That way I have plenty of room to open my door, and I only have exposure to door dings on one side, and being so far over practically reduces that chance to zero.

Third, parking like a D-bag will only make things worse and invite vandalism.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 12:51 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Luckily that's my wife's SUV. She thought she would be funny. I actually saved this spot for her, so I wouldn't have to worry about getting dings.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1411149092.407705.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	464.1 KB
ID:	166481

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Musskao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 12:56 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

who cares about the lines. Just park with common sense! If one person is parked on the line, don't park perfect as you will be to close, just park a bit over yourself. Why get all worked up over nothing
TurboCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 01:10 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
although my passenger side tires where touching the line.

I always park a little off center

Tonight, when I get home I'm thinking about testing the waters and truely double parking just to be a "Richard."

Lol. Just park in the middle directly and you won't have any problems. Don't be immature and park in 2 spots, otherwise you'll be begging to get keyed/vandalised. Good luck OP.
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 03:35 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorB3 View Post
Lol. Just park in the middle directly and you won't have any problems. Don't be immature and park in 2 spots, otherwise you'll be begging to get keyed/vandalised. Good luck OP.
There's nothing wrong with parking off-center as long as you're imbetween the lines. The OP and I do it so our driver side door doesn't get dinged as easily. I wouldn't park too off-center but still, we're staying imbetween the lines.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:16 PM   #21
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
I actually tend to park closer to the driver side since I already know I'm super careful getting out. But I don't know if the guy on the other side when getting out or getting in.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 04:32 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I actually tend to park closer to the driver side since I already know I'm super careful getting out. But I don't know if the guy on the other side when getting out or getting in.

People do have passengers, and they will be right next to your driver door. And passengers don't usually own the car they are riding in, so they are even less careful when getting out.

Old 09-19-2014, 04:41 PM   #23
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
People do have passengers, and they will be right next to your driver door. And passengers don't usually own the car they are riding in, so they are even less careful when getting out.

Depends on where I guess. I'm parked at school so the majority are people who just jump in their cars and go. So not a lot of passengers. I park on the left of the Resident Director and they have a huge open spot next to them that no one can park in. So I but up to the right and then they take up most of the other space. Seems to work out pretty well.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 04:43 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Depends on where I guess. I'm parked at school so the majority are people who just jump in their cars and go. So not a lot of passengers. I park on the left of the Resident Director and they have a huge open spot next to them that no one can park in. So I but up to the right and then they take up most of the other space. Seems to work out pretty well.

I thought you meant anywhere you go, not just school.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:32 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Learn How To Park!?!

I always stay between the lines. As long as I'm between the lines and in my space and I was parked there first, others should have to adjust accordingly.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:34 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
If they took time out of their day to 'write you a note' about your 'parking job' ... You win. You really ruined some dumbass's day.

Two dumbasses don't make a bad day good

DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:37 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Two dumbasses don't make a bad day good

Why are you always such a negative Nancy? You never have anything nice to say on any threads you post in.

Me parking between the lines isn't being a dumbass. It's not like I was parallel parking in four spaces. I was there first and parked accordingly with how the guy to my left was parked. I parked a little off center because doors on two door cars are longer than four door cars.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:45 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Just park way out. 90% of people are way to lazy to park that far away and walk. There either out of shape, or in to much of a hurry. You can help your paint, and get in shape at the same time..

Musskao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:52 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musskao View Post
Just park way out. 90% of people are way to lazy to park that far away and walk. There either out of shape, or in to much of a hurry. You can help your paint, and get in shape at the same time..

It's an apartment complex. There are no "way out" parking spots. I'd much rather park there if there were.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:05 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Learn How To Park!?!

Quote:
Why are you always such a negative Nancy? You never have anything nice to say on any threads you post in.

Me parking between the lines isn't being a dumbass. It's not like I was parallel parking in four spaces. I was there first and parked accordingly with how the guy to my left was parked. I parked a little off center because doors on two door cars are longer than four door cars.

I'm just playing off your statements:

Quote:
... I was parked perfectly straight, although my passenger side tires where touching the line. It was practically a text book parking job!

"Perfectly straight" but touching the line is very much a blonde statement similar to a blonde telling a cop "officer I couldn't recite the alphabet backwards even if I was sober." That's a shiit parking job...

Quote:
Everybody in the apartment complex knows it's my car. Why not just have the testicular fortitude to sign your name. Or, better yet, park somewhere else! There were plenty of parking spots!

Could go both ways but could mean you park so shiity that everyone knows you as the shiity neighbor that don't care about others.

What's more is you know you did bad cuz you tell them to have "testicular fortitude" to sign their name and that to hell with others just park somewhere else. That's evidences Richardliness.

Quote:

You find escalating the matter as funny and you signed off as a dikc. If you gonna act like a "Richard" you forgo the right to whine about others treating you like a "Richard"

This to me is just being childish.

As far as me being a negative nancy, you can't lay positive praise when a child misbehaves badly. I could coddle you with false praise but you'll grow up not being able to withstand adversity.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:17 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
LMAO wtf the last line

Auto correct lol
Judge_dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:18 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So if I was between the lines, how am I in the wrong?

You were technically touching the line. Just sayin

Old 09-19-2014, 10:20 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So if I was between the lines, how am I in the wrong?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411183212.871081.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	166518
Judge_dredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:56 AM   #34
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
A "little off center" wouldn't put your wheels on the line though. And I'd like to note that I park centered in parking spots and have more than enough space for my doors. Just sayin.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:03 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
This thread seems to be getting a bit excited... If you really weren't parked like a DB, then it sounds like they have issues- not you. If you are concerned about your vehicle, then park more center and/or further away.

I'd find out who did it- in a peaceful and friendly manner. But that's me.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT