5.0 Auto Tune Choice - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-03-2014, 09:14 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
And ... you can always have Steeda do your tuning. Very safe & reliable.

The same tunes we write for our customers are the same tunes we write for our serialized cars.

You won't be disappointed with Steeda.

You can reach me at tim@steeda.com if you would like further support.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2014, 08:22 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Rousch sounds like the way to go for an auto. Have talked with other auto. owners who say the ford Pro-cal is a waste of $.Little change at all. What does the complete Roush tune go for?
bodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:42 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
$250 for tune
$399 for X4
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2014, 09:46 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodon View Post
Rousch sounds like the way to go for an auto. Have talked with other auto. owners who say the ford Pro-cal is a waste of $.Little change at all. What does the complete Roush tune go for?
Depending on what someone wants the pro cal tune can be an excellent choice and ideal for owners. My father recently purchased a 2014 5.0 automatic and his only issue with it was the lack of throttle response. He would nail the gas pedal and there is was. The calm before the storm. His 420 HP mustang had the delayed explosion and that got on his nerves there was a hesitation in the acceleration.

My father fully understood that in order to solve this throttle response issue he was gonna need some type of performance tuner. My father was also fully aware of potential warranty coverage issues should he use an aftermarket tuner such as Bama, Lund, MPT, AED, etc.

After spending over 35k on his new 2014 5.0 CS convertible no way potentially throwing away the factory 3 year 36 month warranty was an option. The solution was easy for him. The pro cal tuner by Ford Racing. My father had an authorized Ford racing dealership install the pro cal tune and now his factory warranty is in tact. My father fully understands that only the throttle response was affected and shift points are not corrected.

He doesn't care about changing the shift points at this time nor getting different gears or power mods installed so he is happy with his pro cal tuner. The pro cal tune certainly wouldn't of been my pick but to each their own. Lol

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash and the moderators are complete toolbags. TMS, Go F yourselves!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 03:12 PM   #40
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Depending on what someone wants the pro cal tune can be an excellent choice and ideal for owners. My father recently purchased a 2014 5.0 automatic and his only issue with it was the lack of throttle response. He would nail the gas pedal and there is was. The calm before the storm. His 420 HP mustang had the delayed explosion and that got on his nerves there was a hesitation in the acceleration.

My father fully understood that in order to solve this throttle response issue he was gonna need some type of performance tuner. My father was also fully aware of potential warranty coverage issues should he use an aftermarket tuner such as Bama, Lund, MPT, AED, etc.

After spending over 35k on his new 2014 5.0 CS convertible no way potentially throwing away the factory 3 year 36 month warranty was an option. The solution was easy for him. The pro cal tuner by Ford Racing. My father had an authorized Ford racing dealership install the pro cal tune and now his factory warranty is in tact. My father fully understands that only the throttle response was affected and shift points are not corrected.

He doesn't care about changing the shift points at this time nor getting different gears or power mods installed so he is happy with his pro cal tuner. The pro cal tune certainly wouldn't of been my pick but to each their own. Lol

The Mustang Source Website is complete trash and the moderators are complete toolbags. TMS, Go F yourselves!
And there mobile app is f-ing garbage.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:09 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
A few guy here said they ran Bama tunes and then switched to Mike Rousch and said there was a significant difference for the better. They were glad they switched.

WWW.S197FORUM.COM
I live in the Tampa area, there's a local dyno shop called Coastal, couldn't I just go to him instead of doing an email tune from AED or Rousch? I'm asking for 2 reasons. 1 because I would rather support a local guy and 2, it would give me a piece of mind to have someone in person working on my car. Thanks in advance for any input.
Jago1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:51 PM   #42
REG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
If I can actually, by some miracle, be ok-ed for a tune. Ford Racing for me. Sure it leaves the shifting still somewhat bad, but I've heard that the lag is greatly reduced (main gripe with the shifting) and the extra torque below 2K would be great. The car is too soft down low. Plus, factory warranty is in place. Unless they prove the tune caused the failure, then it's FRPP's 3 year warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I think, but am not certain, Bama has bad more engine failures than any other tuning company with the 5.0's. If your an auto, go with Mike Rousch of mid Atlantic performance. Manual, Lund or AED.
I'll go with Ford Racing, I want to keep the warranty after that I'll try Roush
REG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:09 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by REG View Post
I'll go with Ford Racing, I want to keep the warranty after that I'll try Roush
The Ford Racing tune reduces warranty to 3 years 36K miles if the tune is at fault. And that starts the day you drove the car off the lot.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:25 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
is that mike tune only that good for auto's? what about manuals? i was also thinking about going with ford due to warranty issues.
deadpandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:27 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

forgot to ask do i have to buy the tuner and register on the website then take it to the dealership or do they do it all at the dealership.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:29 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpandan View Post
forgot to ask do i have to buy the tuner and register on the website then take it to the dealership or do they do it all at the dealership.
For the procal, they send you a voucher, then you do what the voucher says, go on FRPP, send them the info, and they overnight your procal tuner.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:35 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

sorry to keep asking i just wanna make sure i understand the process, they say to maintain the warranty to have a ford dealer install it. so i would do what you said and take the procal tuner to the dealership to have it installed?
Old 10-05-2014, 10:37 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Yes. After they overnight it, you have to find a Ford dealer to install if you want the FRPP 3 year/36k warranty.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:46 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

thank you mustangz you rock!
Old 10-05-2014, 10:51 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jago1021 View Post
I live in the Tampa area, there's a local dyno shop called Coastal, couldn't I just go to him instead of doing an email tune from AED or Rousch? I'm asking for 2 reasons. 1 because I would rather support a local guy and 2, it would give me a piece of mind to have someone in person working on my car. Thanks in advance for any input.
The question I have is do they have experience tuning the copperhead ECU?
Quote:
is that mike tune only that good for auto's? what about manuals? i was also thinking about going with ford due to warranty issues.
I would only suggest Mike on the autos.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:52 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Sure thing man. I'm interested in the procal as well. But I'm a broke college kid with no job, so... I'm accepting donations (:
Old 10-05-2014, 11:04 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
And there mobile app is f-ing garbage.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Yes sir, TMS is horrible and losers.

Old 10-05-2014, 11:05 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Respectfully, what mobile app?

Agreed. I used it for a day, garbage is too nice of a work.
Old 10-05-2014, 11:10 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I can only speak for how it went down with my father who lives in the State of Missouri. He found an authorized Ford Racing dealership near him. Told them he wanted the pro cal tune. Waited for a phone call days later from the Ford dealership that pro cal tuner was in. Drove over to Ford dealership and the certified Ford racing mechanic uploaded the pro cal tune into the car.

Done deal for him.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT