Installed Blowfish Racing Bracket - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-21-2014, 09:41 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Installed Blowfish Racing Bracket

GT

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2014, 09:48 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
and?
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:50 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Installed the blowfish bracket yesterday and let me tell you guys I felt a difference instantly. I originally had a barton bracket which never really made a difference, 1st to 2nd shifts felt sloppy and 2nd to 3rd once and a while grinded. This bracket cleaned everything up and the shifts feel a lot more firmer and direct. Its a great feeling although one thing that definitely changed was the nvh, you shifter when you are WOT definitely vibrates a lot. All in all this was a great purchase

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2014, 09:50 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G View Post
Installed the blowfish bracket yesterday and let me tell you guys I felt a difference instantly. I originally had a barton bracket which never really made a difference, 1st to 2nd shifts felt sloppy and 2nd to 3rd once and a while grinded. This bracket cleaned everything up and the shifts feel a lot more firmer and direct. Its a great feeling although one thing that definitely changed was the nvh, you shifter when you are WOT definitely vibrates a lot. All in all this was a great purchase

how long was installl
Laquisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:54 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

30mins. Thats on the ground. With a lift 15mins

Old 09-21-2014, 10:59 AM   #6

Region: North Carolina
Define the increase in nvh please. Others have said it isolates the shifter so nvh should be reduced or eliminated.

But you are saying it increased?

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
eticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:58 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

The snout bracket clamp provided with the instal is what replaces your current shifter bracket. It has no bushing in it so its basically two pieces that clamps over the tranny snout with no bushing in to harness the excess vibrations from the transmission anf motor. The vibration travels right from the engine all the way up to the shifter now

Old 09-21-2014, 12:02 PM   #8

Region: New Jersey
I spoke to Barton Industries. They will have one similar but better. Should be available soon.

Dondug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:11 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by eticket View Post
Define the increase in nvh please. Others have said it isolates the shifter so nvh should be reduced or eliminated.

But you are saying it increased?

You are going to have an increase in your shifter handle , without a rubber bushing that's inevitable, and thats the point of this thing anyway to get away from all the deflection , But the nvh in the actual car is going to be less because its not attached to the body anymore. Its a trade off for a better working trans.

Sent from my XT1080 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
SSTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:16 PM   #10

Region: North Carolina
Thanks, that's what I was hoping for...

eticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:15 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
The BF bracket with the MGW may be the optimal set up. Because the MGW shifter replaces the entire box and does not have the OEM type snout on the back of it, you must re-use the MGW rear bracket. It is simply inverted and mounted to the BF bracket via an adapter they provide. The MGW bracket has an elastomer bushing in it so provides some isolation compared to the OEM box which is solidly mounted to the BF bracket. Even with the stiffer "track only" elastomer bushing in the MGW rear bracket, there's no additional noise at all in my installation and minimal vibration. It actually just feels like a normal top mount / loaded shifter. Very pleased with the improvement.
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:30 PM   #12

Any word on how it'll be similar or better? Would you have to use it with a barton shifter? Glad I waited and didn't jump on the blowfish bandwagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondug View Post
I spoke to Barton Industries. They will have one similar but better. Should be available soon.

beef97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:55 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJBertrand View Post
The BF bracket with the MGW may be the optimal set up. Because the MGW shifter replaces the entire box and does not have the OEM type snout on the back of it, you must re-use the MGW rear bracket. It is simply inverted and mounted to the BF bracket via an adapter they provide. The MGW bracket has an elastomer bushing in it so provides some isolation compared to the OEM box which is solidly mounted to the BF bracket. Even with the stiffer "track only" elastomer bushing in the MGW rear bracket, there's no additional noise at all in my installation and minimal vibration. It actually just feels like a normal top mount / loaded shifter. Very pleased with the improvement.
good to hear, Ill be ordering an MGW and the Blowfish bracket at the same time next month
scott_0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT