Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Mustangz Build Thread.

21K views 348 replies 34 participants last post by  mustangz 
#1 ·
Well, I finally decided to do a thread on my car. Won't be anywhere near as good as some if the past build threads.

So far I've done lighter wheels(RTR), and wider tires, still Pirelli all seasons though. RTR axleback, window tint, taillight tint, window louvers, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE unpainted hood vents.

But, it does need warranty work. Full repaint.

Will have many more mods to follow.

#280 ·
Wasn't planned obviously. It happens to everybody at some point.

#288 ·
Fixed. Didn't need to do any of that. Looked at it again and a screw had displaced. About a minute and a 7mm wrench, and it was fixed.

#289 · (Edited)
https://youtu.be/MWSpoTc6JbY

Short rev video of the RTR street spec exhaust. Friend cut the video off too soon. Boss side exhaust isn't installed yet.

#290 ·
Accidentally had it as private, unlisted now. Should be good to click on the link and view.

#291 ·
Just noticed this yesterday, tough to get a picture of. Anyone have the edge of the front fenders next to the hood slightly more tucked in than with the edge of the hood.

#295 ·
It's minor, but now that I know it's there, it's bugging me. You can't see it in the picture. It would be hard to get a picture of it. It's like the edge of the fender near the headlight and hood. It's slightly in on both sides. Running your finger along it, it's noticeable. This part may be me imagining tbings, but it seems like a slight gap too. Kinda hard to explain.

Attachments

#299 ·
Quick update, installing the side exhaust on monday, finally.

#301 ·
Put them on today, no restrictor plates obviously. Sounds absolutely amazing.

#303 ·
I don't have one right now. I'll get one ASAP. Taking a trip tomorrow, but I'll find a time and place to do one soon.

#311 · (Edited)
#312 · (Edited)
Possible dumb questions inbound. What shot of nitrous is safe for a dry kit, and a wet kit of nitrous. I think I've heard 50 for dry, and 100 for wet. What all would be needed too. A friend of a friend is selling a nitrous kit for the 5.0. Any issues with a used kit?

#313 ·
You can shoot wet or dry safe up to 150. It's all in the tune. Dry is arguably safer on this car, with the stock manifold.

#314 ·
I was referring to possible untuned, I know tuned, it handles a ton. Rap is evidence of that.

#318 ·
That's true. Forgot about that.

#316 ·
Either way, I would probably end up buying it, if the price is reasonable, and waiting to get it dyno tuned.

#317 ·
There is no shot of nitrous on this engine that is safe untuned, period. Just don't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.