different exhaust air flow - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-01-2014, 10:20 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
It has to be a roush dealership and ill state again the driver side wop is non, its the passenger wop your hearing.
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2014, 12:05 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
U should put ur ear like right up beside it kinda in the tips hole then let some one hit it

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 10-01-2014, 04:14 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mustang v6 View Post
U should put ur ear like right up beside it kinda in the tips hole then let some one hit it

if you do it first
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2014, 05:05 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

different exhaust air flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkawak View Post
if you do it first

He should put his mouth around the pipe instead. He can better feel the intensity of the throbs going wop wop wop. If he doesn't feel the pump of the exhaust pulses then apparently there's no wop wop wopping so that means there's a problem especially if the other side wops all over and inside his mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 10-01-2014, 06:26 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
He should put his mouth around the pipe instead. He can better feel the intensity of the throbs going wop wop wop. If he doesn't feel the pump of the exhaust pulses then apparently there's no wop wop wopping so that means there's a problem especially if the other side wops all over and inside his mouth.

Ima try taking it off next step to investigate further, i dont know when tho. Im either in school or ar work. It took me almost two weeks to finally have time to put the roush on. As of right now im alittle disappointed both AM and Roush business practice. I have decided not to buy from them until this situation get straighten out.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:49 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
If you paid for them with a credit card file a credit card claim. You have to return the product but in most cases of you jump through all the hoops it works out.

Most credit cards have stellar buyer protection that most people never use or know about.
Credit cards and check cards.

35% Tint, MGW Shifter, JHR Hectic Motorsports High Flow Clutch Line, Borla S-Type Cat-back, Airaid Race CAI, Bama 93H Tune, Roush Chin Splitter, GT500 Style Spoiler, GT500 Pedal Assy, Ford Racing M-FR3A-MGTAA, High Performance Key Fob Battery.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:11 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I always have mixed feelings with threads like this after working at a parts store for a few years. I can understand AM or Roush not simply exchanging them because really you have no proof or definitive indication that there defective. From listening to the video it sounds fine and essentially you are saying that there defective because they don’t sound ‘right’. It would be the same if you buy a CAI and try to return it because it didn’t add enough power or didn’t sound ‘right’.

I’m sure both companies would love to do exchanges with things like this to make the customer happy but at the end of the day you have to remember they have a business to run and if they did this for everyone who asked they probably wouldn’t be in business very long as when they swap out products they can’t resell them because they are used. Although I am a little surprised for how much Roush charges to inspect the mufflers to see if there defective; that does seem a bit high (although I do believe it is reasonable for them to inspect prior to replacing).

EDIT: Also just happened to look at the Roush warranty policy and under the exhaust section it clearly states "Because sound is subjective, we do not warranty for sound."
Old 10-01-2014, 09:35 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
If you paid for them with a credit card file a credit card claim. You have to return the product but in most cases of you jump through all the hoops it works out.

Most credit cards have stellar buyer protection that most people never use or know about.
Credit cards and check cards.

Doesnt credit card claim works if its a unauthorized purchase?

@StarzTA17
I stated a million times already and ill state it again. Its hard to tell from video thats also the reason why i hesitated. The wop sound is coming from passenger side while driver wop is absent.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:40 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

different exhaust air flow

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1412221234.599101.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	167211  
Old 10-01-2014, 11:30 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post

^^

Old 10-02-2014, 10:19 AM   #46
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
have you tried the same experiment with a stock car? also w/o insulting are you using the same ear to listen to both pipes or turning your head...

the "wops inside mouth" line did make me laugh....so thats what they call it these days.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:04 AM   #47
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
For those remenber my last thread it was about uneven roush exhaust sound.Well theres nothing AM or Roush can do about it..... Im investigating this myslef and hopefully can prove to them possible muffler design flaw on my driver side.

During idle passenger side has that wa wa wa sound which is normal thats how roush suppose to sound but on driver side this sound is absent. Im also getting louder growl on passenger side too while revving. What i also noticed is normal passenger side air flow is alot different than the driver side. Passenger side air puffs while driver side air is constant no puff. Any idea of what might be cause?
Not to insult you, but if you already have a thread about this issue, why create a second?
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
Old 10-03-2014, 07:13 AM   #48
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

The better performing muffler seems to be on the drivers side

He say's:
Quote:
Passenger side air puffs while driver side air is constant no puff. Any idea of what might be cause?
A nice constant air flow coming out of the muffler would mean way better air flow. Just about like no restriction at all.

Anyway, I sure wish someone that has Roush mufflers on a 3.7 V6 would go out and listen to their's to see if that is the way they all sound.
Ronnie
Old 10-08-2014, 08:53 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

AM Josh Ruth has ignored my email after pushing all responsibilites to Roush. AM should hold some responsility for selling them. This business practice is wrong. Now im stuck with this exhaust unless i shed out another $200 for replacement. This is my last purchase from AM and Roush.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:03 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
AM Josh Ruth has ignored my email after pushing all responsibilites to Roush. AM should hold some responsility for selling them. This business practice is wrong. Now im stuck with this exhaust unless i shed out another $200 for replacement. This is my last purchase from AM and Roush.

I don't see anywhere in here where you tried any of our suggestions of removing the mufflers completely and see what it is like, or putting the stock ones back on. I understand you may be busy with school and such, but this thread is old enough where you should have had some time to try it out if it is that big of an issue for you. You should be able to pull the mufflers off in less than 30 minutes.

Moderators also tend to shut threads down when people air out their differences with sponsors out here instead of directly with them. Just friendly advice.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 10-08-2014, 09:07 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
I don't see anywhere in here where you tried any of our suggestions of removing the mufflers completely and see what it is like, or putting the stock ones back on. I understand you may be busy with school and such, but this thread is old enough where you should have had some time to try it out if it is that big of an issue for you. You should be able to pull the mufflers off in less than 30 minutes.

Moderators also tend to shut threads down when people air out their differences with sponsors out here instead of directly with them. Just friendly advice.

Its pointless, in order to have a replacement it must be done at a roush dealer. I know its not my car because before i installed my roush i had even sound with stock muffler on and off. I still remenber that day when i took the stock muffler off and rev it with no mufflers on. Also upon closer look, roush welding job is poop. Theres alot of holes on the hanger welds.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:09 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Its pointless, in order to have a replacement it must be done at a roush dealer. I know its not my car because before i installed my roush i had even sound with stock muffler on and off. I still remenber that day when i took the stock muffler off and rev it with no mufflers on. Also upon closer look, roush welding job is poop. Theres alot of holes on the hanger welds.

Ok. I don't think you ever mentioned doing that before unless I missed it.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:10 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Ok. I don't think you ever mentioned doing that before unless I missed it.

yeah sorry theres so much on my mind, i forgot to mention. This is frustriating.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:21 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
I would take off the mufflers and shake them to see if there is anything loose or anything abnormal about either of them. Also start the car and see how it sounds. I realize the car is brand new but its also possible you have a partially clogged cat on one side that is messing with the sound. New parts are occasionally defective I had a Nissan 370Z with a cat that went bad after 4 years and had it replaced for free.
Do you guys ever think that it has something to do with the bent on one of the over the axle pipes??? I'm just thinking realistically and it's a fact that there is that bent on 2011-2014 Mustang.. Got me thinking.....

Borla touring, airraid Cai, Mac ceramic shorty headers, frrp x pipe, 2010 gt500 rims, 35 % tint and more to come..
Old 10-08-2014, 09:26 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Do you guys ever think that it has something to do with the bent on one of the over the axle pipes??? I'm just thinking realistically and it's a fact that there is that bent on 2011-2014 Mustang.. Got me thinking.....

Borla touring, airraid Cai, Mac ceramic shorty headers, frrp x pipe, 2010 gt500 rims, 35 % tint and more to come..
you mean resonator? its on both pipes. Its not the issue as i stated above.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:29 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
you mean resonator? its on both pipes. Its not the issue as i stated above.
No its not the resonator is the pipes it self if you look under your car and you can see the pipes after the resonator from there you will see them is bent purposely from the factory.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:32 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No its not the resonator is the pipes it self if you look under your car and you can see the pipes after the resonator from there you will see them is bent purposely from the factory.

oh, still not the issue lol.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:33 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
oh, still not the issue lol.
You'll never know since it's part of the exhaust unless you change the whole thing.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:34 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You'll never know since it's part of the exhaust unless you change the whole thing.

i know its not it because i didnt have this uneven sound before i had my stock muffler on or off.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:44 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i know its not it because i didnt have this uneven sound before i had my stock muffler on or off.
If you think about it Ford did this in purpose and it has something to do with the design of the Stock muffler inside that compliments the sound without the unevenness sound wise or else they would never make it through the production,now without the muffler on of course you can't hear any difference since there is nothing to baffled the sound for, with the case of the aftermarket muffler it is totally different design compared to your stock muffler and how they look inside it and does not compliment with the design from Ford. Just thinking logically.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:54 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
If you think about it Ford did this in purpose and it has something to do with the design of the Stock muffler inside that compliments the sound without the unevenness sound wise or else they would never make it through the production,now without the muffler on of course you can't hear any difference since there is nothing to baffled the sound for, with the case of the aftermarket muffler it is totally different design compared to your stock muffler and how they look inside it and does not compliment with the design from Ford. Just thinking logically.

It's not the issue. Otherwise you would have many people complaining about it.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:55 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

......................lol
Old 10-08-2014, 09:59 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That was my great laugh for the day.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:06 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Whatever dude.... I don't think there is something wrong with your exhaust.. Have you seen the doctor lately... Start from there.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:06 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
That was my great laugh for the day.
Mine too hahaha, no offense shunc01 but it was just too damn funny.

Quote:
Whatever dude.... I don't think there is something wrong with your exhaust.. Have you seen the doctor lately... Start from there.

Hey now, you brought this upon yourself. I tried helping you 2 post after you started but you keep going.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:13 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Mine too hahaha, no offense shunc01 but it was just too damn funny.

Hey now, you brought this upon yourself. I tried helping you 2 post after you started but you keep going.
Youre not helping me since I didn't ask for help, you're the one who are asking for help that's why you make this thread right.? Telling you my opinion.. Now I know you're just a jaccckkkasss not worth helping this douccchhbbaggg..

Old 10-08-2014, 10:16 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Quote:
Youre not helping me since I didn't ask for help, you're the one who are asking for help that's why you make this thread right.? Telling you my opinion.. Now I know you're just a jaccckkkasss not worth helping this douccchhbbaggg..

.....................please stop,
Old 10-08-2014, 10:17 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Agreed. Stop, I may bust a gut laughing.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:18 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Agreed. Stop, I may bust a gut laughing.
You kids are too funny.. Go get your homework done or you'll be grounded.. Hahahaha

Quote:

Old 10-08-2014, 10:20 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Really man. That was one of the stupidest statements I've heard in a while. If that was really the issue. Everyone would have this problem when they changed exhaust... and they don't.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust